Zbigniew Gnatek

Construction and repair of Classical Guitar and related instruments
simonm
Amateur luthier

Re: Zbigniew Gnatek

Post by simonm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:44 pm

jonathanpranoto wrote: ..... for me it's very important step to communicate with the luthier when acquiring their guitars, and also, it must be cheaper hahaha, and really if i'm a luthier i prefer to communicate also with the players
Someone who deals mainly through dealers is unlikely to be cheaper buying direct unless you are willing to wait many years. They will not want to undercut the dealers who are their bread and butter, so you will be bottom priority. If luthier X is represented by (say) say 6 of the 20 top dealers in the world, then what incentive is there for them to talk to anyone else? Apart maybe from a world class performer who will make their instruments even more desireable?

jonathanpranoto

Post by jonathanpranoto » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:57 am

yes i'm agree with you, it's not only price but also the waiting list, but i've found some of them said that they will adjust the list depending the players need, well that's what full time music students need

they will stuck with their development if they have that mindset (well, a lot of them doing that), good advices can be from anyone, not only maestro, IMHO

jonathanpranoto

Post by jonathanpranoto » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:11 am

still looking anyoneee??

ace123jim

Post by ace123jim » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:26 am

I acquired my 2012 Gnatek through Rick in Australia. I believe that he will be your most direct path to Ziggy Gnatek. I know that these are difficult to locate in the USA, especially if you are considering the purchase of one. If you are a serious prospect I would allow qualified players to sample the one I have before making a deal to buy something that expensive. I'm in Birmingham, AL, about 165 miles west of Atlanta, GA.

lagartija

Post by lagartija » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:33 am

Hello Jim,
Welcome to Delcamp forum! Perhaps you could take the time to introduce yourself to the forum here and get a true Delcamp welcome. To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your User Control Panel (at the top left of the page), then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"

We hope you enjoy your time here. :bye:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

jfdana

Post by jfdana » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Probably not cheaper, and the dealer markup may be significantly less than one might imagine. I do understand how talking with the maker is important to you. However, this is likely to be more welcome by makers on their way up rather than those whose reputations (and waiting lists) already have been established. I do think many makers use dealers precisely so as not to have to spend time so much time dealing with the public, not out of disrespect, but so they can spend their time at what they do best.

Seven11

Post by Seven11 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:09 am

Hi! Can somebody PM me the contact details of Zbigniew Gnatek. I can't find his contact any where in on the net.
7-11
Simon Marty 2012
Kazuo Sato 2011
Locatto Luggi 2015

Seven11

Post by Seven11 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 am

jonathanpranoto wrote:still looking anyoneee??
I am still looking for his direct contact. Can you please PM me?
7-11
Simon Marty 2012
Kazuo Sato 2011
Locatto Luggi 2015

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:28 am

Hi Seven11, as others have have written, you might like to contact Rick Falkiner at Rick Falkiner's Guitar Centre. I spoke with Rick before I commissioned a guitar directly from a local luthier and found him to be very helpful and knowledgeable (I actually felt a little guilty going direct in the end but the luthier who built my guitar only deals directly with his local customers).

I can understand the preference to deal directly with the luthier if possible, but if this is not possible, then a knowledgable dealer like Rick really is a good alternative (in some ways possibly even better as they have experience with many top builders and may be able to guide you in a way that a single luthier may not).

Good luck.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 am

jonathanpranoto wrote:
simonm wrote:
jonathanpranoto wrote:Thank you for the reply guys,

i'm wondering now, nobody ever bought the guitar directly to him? all his guitars sold through dealers?
No idea. But if a luthier can manage to to sell all his production through a small set of top dealers, it must be heaven. No need to deal with the public (i.e. spend 50% of you time on communication and non-building related stuff) and a good price even if it is about half of the what the dealer charges.

it's happen with many top luthiers, they're untouchable, pretty annoying ha? :D for me it's very important step to communicate with the luthier when acquiring their guitars, and also, it must be cheaper hahaha, and really if i'm a luthier i prefer to communicate also with the players
If Mr Gnatek sells you a guitar cheaper than via his dealers then he is a fool. If he chooses to use dealers for the support and exposure it brings him then he needs to not undercut them.

Return to “Luthiers”