Sanz, Gaspar - Españoleta Am - D05 Updated

Audio and video recordings of the works of Gaspar Sanz.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sanz, Gaspar - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sanz, Gaspar - Pavanas por la D - Baroque Guitar D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Ale I Akrepi

Re: Sanz, Gaspar - Españoleta Am - D05 Updated

Postby Ale I Akrepi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Lovely piece and very nice interpretation. Reading comments and especially yours about teacher's remarks, I see myself. Right now it applies to my flute playing. Soon hopefully to my guitar playing. So in a way, through your playing here and comments, I learn from your teacher too.

Haven't heard the original version but this updated one sounds balanced and warm. The recording also worked nicely. Thank you.

lagartija

Postby lagartija » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Thank you, Ale! I'm glad it was helpful for you to hear the recording and read the comments. It is one of the reasons I think that we should post our recordings even if we don't play as well as the professionals. When we get comments or help, it may benefit others who may be at the same stage in their learning. :D
Someday, perhaps you will post your version. Don't wait until it is perfect or you may never post it! 8)
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Cass Couvelas

Postby Cass Couvelas » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 pm

lagartija wrote:. . . It is one of the reasons I think that we should post our recordings even if we don't play as well as the professionals.

Lagartija, your recording sounds very nice indeed. And what you say here gives me a bit of courage to think about posting again . . . only done it once so far, and I kind of hid behind an unknown piece!

At the top of the post, you refer to double-dotting. Can you tell me what you mean by that?

And one other thing: I've looked at Delcamp Level 5 for the score of this, but it I can't see it there. There's another Españoleta in Level 3, but it isn't this one. Where can I find it?
"She ran the whole gamut of emotions from A to B."
(Dorothy Parker on Katharine Hepburn)

lagartija

Postby lagartija » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Cass, thank you! Let's see if I can explain double dotting.... in performance of a piece with a dotted rhythm, you hold the dotted note for a slightly longer amount of time than if you were playing strictly metronomically. To me, it is like a twirl in a dance where there is a slight delay in planting the foot you are landing on that gives it a bit more swing. Hmmm.... that wasn't a good explanation. :?
Ok, Wikipedia does a better job!

I'll take a look for the score here at Delcamp. There are two versions and as the post says above, it is supposed to be in D05 and it is the Am version.
There are different versions of the ornaments and if that is what you are after, I can perhaps tell you where mine may differ from the Delcamp version.

EDIT: I can't find it either, Cass! Ok.... I'll find it and get back to you.
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Cass Couvelas

Postby Cass Couvelas » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks very much. Yours was a very good explanation!

Don't worry about the score. I've just done a search of the forum. Found two: a 2-pp pdf at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5798 and a single page jpg at viewtopic.php?f=111&t=167. They appear to be the same. Plus one in the Sanz area which contains 5 sections, the first of which matches these two.

So I'm well Españoleta-ed up!
"She ran the whole gamut of emotions from A to B."
(Dorothy Parker on Katharine Hepburn)

Return to “Our recordings of Gaspar Sanz”