Sanz, Gaspar - Canarios - D05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Gaspar Sanz.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Sanz, Gaspar - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Sanz, Gaspar - Pavanas por la D - Baroque Guitar D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
glassynails

Sanz, Gaspar - Canarios - D05

Postby glassynails » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 am

Not the best, but I've FINALLY finished memorizing (well not fully) the second part, not because it was difficult, but because I never seem to find the time. I can play it faster, but I would've messed up the 2nd half, since it's not "under my fingers" yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

thendrix

Re: Sanz, Gaspar - Canarios - D05

Postby thendrix » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:07 am

Very nice ! I think I will try to learn this. Thanks for the inspiration.

glassynails

Postby glassynails » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:10 am

thendrix wrote:Very nice ! I think I will try to learn this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks I'm still getting familiar with the 2nd section in particular, I've always loved the piece
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Marcus Strand

Postby Marcus Strand » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 am

Nice groove you've got going, well done!
I don't mind a slower tempo, the lovely almost latin dancy character of the interchanging 3/4 - 6/8 beats is brought out in full light in this tempo.

glassynails

Postby glassynails » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Marcus Strand wrote:Nice groove you've got going, well done!
I don't mind a slower tempo, the lovely almost latin dancy character of the interchanging 3/4 - 6/8 beats is brought out in full light in this tempo.

Thank you sir! I've loved this piece for a long while, but very rarely play it. I've only memorized the first half of it and just yesterday said to myself "darn it, I'm gonna learn the rest of the piece so I can finally get a recording of it done!". I stil don't really have the 2nd part comitted fully to memory, but after another day of reading through the 2nd half I think I'll be there. It still needs some polish and tlc. Hopefully I can post an update when I get it done.

Ceara

Postby Ceara » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 am

It's awesome to be able to hear a slower version, to use a reference when learning the piece! Thanks so much.

Hybrid

Postby Hybrid » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:47 am

Very nice! :bravo:

Return to “Our recordings of Gaspar Sanz”