Carcassi, Matteo - op.59/Part3/01 Andantino Grazioso - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Matteo Carcassi.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carcassi, Matteo - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
jesushilarioh

Carcassi, Matteo - op.59/Part3/01 Andantino Grazioso - Video

Post by jesushilarioh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:17 pm

This "Andantino Grazioso" in C Major was written by Matteo Carcassi. It can be found in part 3 of Carcassi's Method for Guitar--Opus 59. It is worth mentioning that this "Andantino Grazioso" is easy for some readers and easy for beginner and novice guitar students to play. Press play and enjoy. :)

Youtube
MUSIC FOUND HERE, PAGE 70: http://boije.statensmusikverk.se/ebibli ... 201129.pdf if this link has been outdated when you read this. I'm sure you can find this music via public domain. Search "Op. 59 Carcassi public domain" and I'm sure it'll pop-up somewhere. Either way let me know if the link is broken, that I may fix it. :)

powderedtoastman

Re: Carcassi, Matteo - op.59/Part3/01 Andantino Grazioso - Video

Post by powderedtoastman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 am

Nicely done! I like to play the pieces from this opus, myself, because the first few are pretty easy to sight read.. after about 15 or so they start to get a little more tricky!

I think you could keep the right hand a little more steady, imagine there's a weight trying to hold it down close to the strings That's something I'm always fighting with myself.

And, your tempo is very steady but I think this piece might call for a little rubato or maybe just a tone/color or dynamic variation so that it's not the same all the way through.

Either way, keep up the good work! I really think students who want to do Carcassi Op. 60 studies should be sure they're able to do a portion of Op. 59 first, so I give thumbs up to anyone who bothers to play these pieces!

jesushilarioh

Re: Carcassi, Matteo - op.59/Part3/01 Andantino Grazioso - Video

Post by jesushilarioh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:45 am

Hey powderedtoastman, thank you for the complements and guidance. I'll give them a try. :) I agree that sight reading up to about 15 is easy, that gets really tricky with odd keys for guitar. Thanks again.

Return to “Our recordings of Matteo Carcassi”