Carulli, Ferdinando - La Sautillante - D02

Audio and video recordings of the works of Ferdinando Carulli.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carulli, Ferdinando - op.034/02 Largo - D07 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
deansprague

Carulli, Ferdinando - La Sautillante - D02

Postby deansprague » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:33 am

Well here goes.... my first post. I hesitated putting this here after hearing some of the other great pieces posted by the great players that frequent this site.

But hey, it's where I am. If I had started sooner I'd be better now. (how's that for stating the obvious :) )

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have tollerated my newbe questions and have patiently helped me find my way around the forums.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by deansprague on Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

GonzaloSuarez_cguitar

Postby GonzaloSuarez_cguitar » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:19 am

Hi Deansprague that was lovely, beutiful saund, and You are playing
very well.

Bravo

Cguitar

Pragueguy

Postby Pragueguy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:17 pm

Good job!

Mike

owl

Postby owl » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:33 pm

That was lovely Dean... well done :okok:
Your tone is really nice, and your playing is sweet and clean... I enjoyed listening :casque:
:merci: for sharing... and congratulations on your first post.

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Vesuvio

Postby Vesuvio » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:58 pm

Congratulations Dean! A great effort. I hope your playing will go from strength to strength. Best wishes, V.

deansprague

Postby deansprague » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:09 pm

Wow! Thanks you guys for your replies, for listening to me, and your encouragement. I must admit posting my musical effort to this site is a bit daunting, since I'm both a beginner and old (61 now).

I read in another thread that this is the only time I can post here, so I now have to go play with the big boys. That thought is almost more than I can handle :chaud: .

owl

Postby owl » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:04 pm

deansprague wrote:I read in another thread that this is the only time I can post here, so I now have to go play with the big boys. That thought is almost more than I can handle :chaud: .

LOL... that's right... so welcome to the 'play pen' Dean... don't leave it too long to post another piece... you'll be great! :okok:

Owl

Tonyyyyy

Postby Tonyyyyy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm

Wow!

That was so happy and bouncy - I was sad it was so short. I recommend you play it twice to people to avoid disappointing them

What next?

:applauso: :applauso: :applauso:
Robert Cross spruce 1986
Manuel Rodriguez model C, 7 string

deansprague

Postby deansprague » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:02 am

Tonyyyyy wrote:What next?

:

Well I'm planning to post the Carcassi Danse in G Major in maybe a week. But first I have to finish an assignment for my teacher in the Sagreras book. I'd post that but it's copyrighted.

I must admit, it was a stretch for me to post this one, and posting my beginner-level work in the regular forum feels a little presumptuous. But all your encouragement has given me courage.

So - look for me in a week in the Big Kids forum. :chaud:

BTW which one exactly am I suppose to go to next?

owl

Postby owl » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:08 am

deansprague wrote:BTW which one exactly am I suppose to go to next?

Looks like Our Interpretations is the place for your next post Dean :okok:

I'm waiting! :roll:

Owl

charlesivey

Postby charlesivey » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:29 am

Way to go Dean -- very nice and clean, with a good tone.

I remember when you first joined the group and began your playing. Your first mp3 is a very nice present for the forums. You might also notice (just for the fun of it) that the post number for your mp3 is the same as your age -- what a coincidence, eh?

Regards,
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

deansprague

Postby deansprague » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:36 am

charlesivey wrote:the post number for your mp3 is the same as your age -- what a coincidence, eh?

Hehe, That's funny. The unfortunate thing is that, that number increases each time I make a new post. I sincerely hope my age doesn't do the same. :wink:

Dean

kpottmeyer

Postby kpottmeyer » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:43 am

Dean,

That was very impressive for your first post.

I am probably the newest kid on the forum (That's newest kid with 5 grandchildren). I have only been playing CG for a few weeks. I hope to be good enough to post something by the end of the year.

I do have to brag about something that very few people on this forum can say. I had 2 new grandsons on the same day last week and they weren't twins. My daughter and daughter-in-law both had babies on the same day.
That makes 5 grandsons and 0 grandaughters.

thanks,

Kevin

deansprague

Postby deansprague » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:36 am

kpottmeyer wrote:I am probably the newest kid on the forum (That's newest kid with 5 grandchildren). I have only been playing CG for a few weeks. I hope to be good enough to post something by the end of the year.

I do have to brag about something that very few people on this forum can say. I had 2 new grandsons on the same day last week and they weren't twins. My daughter and daughter-in-law both had babies on the same day.
That makes 5 grandsons and 0 grandaughters.

thanks,

Kevin

Hi, kpottmeyer, and welcome to the forums This is a great place to come and get advice, motivaton, support, and refreshment. The people here are truly amazing. A rare combination of talent, skill, knowledge and, a willingness to share. :delcamp_fiesta:

First of all congratulations on your two new grandsons. :applauso: I know how exited I was when each of my nine grandchildren was born.

Second, take heart, I had been playing for roughly ten months when I posted this last November. At age 61, my hands don't always cooperate, so I'm sure you will do just fine - maybe even post THIS piece in - say 6 months of practice. One of the advantages of being a little older is you develop the ability to concentrate and the determination to see things through. I say I can still beat most kids in a long (100 mile) bike race, since essentially, "I can hurt longer than they can". :nerveux:

Nitin Nepali

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - La Sautillante - D02

Postby Nitin Nepali » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 am

Hi Deansprague,
Just remember there is always a first time for everything and everyone but to he honest You played nicely and sounds good but needs more practice.
Now that you have taken the first steps the others will soon follow.
Nitin

Return to “Our recordings of Ferdinando Carulli”