Carulli, Ferdinando - Andantino

Audio and video recordings of the works of Ferdinando Carulli.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Carulli, Ferdinando - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carulli, Ferdinando - op.034/02 Largo - D07 Duo Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
jagos

Carulli, Ferdinando - Andantino

Post by jagos » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:37 am

This is what I can do with this piece four years after I learned it. I have been on a very "special" plateau after which I feel urge to reorganize my CG studies. A new beginning seems to be the best solution but I am not sure about that. Your comments may influence my final decision.

Hope you like it.

Jagos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

George Crocket

Re: Carulli, Ferdinando - Andantino

Post by George Crocket » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Joagos, I enjoyed that. I thought you played it well, just a couple of slightly hesitant points. You made a good sound.

From what you say you have not made progress in your playing for four years. I take it that you have been practising regularly, otherwise I doubt you could expect to progress. If you have been practising regularly then certainly have a look at your study method. It needn't necessarily mean going back to the beginning. Just having a new practice schedule with specific aims may be all that is required. From time to time, however, I think it can be useful to review the basics to see if any particular areas require attention. Presumably you do not have a teacher, because such lack of progress with a teacher would suggest you need a change (of teacher). If that presumption is correct, then maybe arrange a couple or three lessons with a good teacher to review your technique and your study methods.

Anyway, as I said, I enjoyed your recording.

:merci:
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

jagos

Post by jagos » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Thank you George. I have never had I CG teacher and it will be like that for some time to come, at the moment I live in a very small village, in a house by the woods. I know that I have made a lot of progress, but I have to work especially on consistancy and continuity. What I am noticing is that it is more difficult for me to play well pieces that I learned four years ago than the peaces I started to play two years later which makes me think that a new beginning can be beneficial for me.

Jagos

NylonStrung

Post by NylonStrung » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Nicely played and a nice tempo too. You seem to get a little hesitant at the same place, just before the final descending part, both times (although it is less noticeable the second time). My only suggestion to you would be to take this one part in isolation and run through it slowly, after you have got it as consistant as the rest of the piece then try running through the whole thing again. This is the first piece of music I taught myself on classical guitar and the place where I often got stuck was the double bass notes in the second part of the tune. I found that practising that part alone and then "dropping" it back into the rest of the piece helped. Other than that you've done a fine job here.

jagos

Post by jagos » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:53 pm

And this is what I can do with it after another four years.

George and Nylon, thank you for your comments. They helped me a great deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Our recordings of Ferdinando Carulli”