Giuliani, Mauro - Andante in C

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
camytay

Giuliani, Mauro - Andante in C

Post by camytay » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:43 pm

It's amazing how much harder it is to play a simple study when there are a couple of mics sticking in your face :wink: Constructive criticism welcome
as always.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Micha

Post by Micha » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:54 pm

hey, this a good performance. especially the beginning is realy clear, in the right tempo.... In the end a didn't understand the the rit. e few bars befor the end. but it's just a small thing and my opinion. The recordingquality is great? What kind of equipment are you using? The sound itself is good balanced. particularly the basses :D Only the high e-string seems to be a little bit noisy.

thanks for your work

Micha

wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:55 pm

Criticisms? What for.. you master it, you render it very well and I guess every day depending on your mood it has a different twist.
Just plain great job, I want more :lol:

:okok: :casque: :casque: :casque: :casque:

Micha

Post by Micha » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:00 pm

What is wrong about Criticisms? And I have to repeat that i realy like the performance and just wnat to give a few hints in wich direction he can practice. ... and it is just my small and little opinion.. :roll:

gmarth

Post by gmarth » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:02 pm

I liked it.... your playing it good

camytay

Post by camytay » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:05 pm

Your comments are welcome Micha (and everyone elses) The recording is far from perfect and I enjoy hearing what people think works and what doesn't. I kind of de-railed a little bit towards the end, but it was done in one take using 2 condenscers and a little Behringer mixer going in to a minidisc recorder.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:26 pm

It's a lovely piece and I thought you played it really well. What comes over most strongly to me is the pleasure you clearly derive from playing it. Thank you for the chance to hear this. Best regards, V.

firedoom

Post by firedoom » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:50 am

Very well played. Good clarity and dynamics. I love it. There is a small thing that you might want to improve. At around 0:56, the bass notes are broken and seem not to be as smooth as the rest of the performance. Other than that, I think you have pretty much mastered it. Thanks for sharing.

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:35 pm

Well played :) :) :) :) you are very much in control and its a hard piece to pull 0ff

It was on of first guitar pieces I heard - it was the theme to a childrens program 'Tales of the Riverbank' So there are good memories for me

I prefer it just a bit slower. Maybe make the phrasing more definite (ie pretend you are a singer and breathe between the phrases. ) There is a little 'cadenza' towards the end which could be played quite freely I think

Thanks for this one Cam
Last edited by Tonyyyyy on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Cross spruce 1986
Manuel Rodriguez model C, 7 string

just4copy

Post by just4copy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:07 pm

Such a nice tone and touch Cam. Very well pleyed, thank you. :lol: :lol:

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:19 pm

A nice tone and a good work on volume dynamics. Overall steadiness of tempo passes very well too. That's for the good points... and that's all. :lol:

:okok:

angelique

Re: Giuliani, Mauro - Andante in C

Post by angelique » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:05 pm

:mouton:

Simply.....lovely. Thanks for posting this cam.

neo18

Post by neo18 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi cam,

i like this piece also.
Well played.

Thanks for sharing your music.

Greetings
neo

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Hello Cam,

I must agree about the microphone - it certainly puts me on edge. :? As for constructive criticism, I can't find fault in either the performance or the recording - it's great!! :bravo: :applauso:

Thanks for this Cam, I really enjoy your recordings!

Paul

GEO

Post by GEO » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Cam:

Very fine playing, indeed! You play with confidence, a nice big tone, fine attention to dynamics and a very musicianly treatment. It really is all one could ask for in an interpretation. And I though the ritard was quite natural.

Cheers,

:guitare: :guitare: :guitare: :guitare:

geo
(US) (GER) The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own - Disraeli

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”