Giuliani, Mauro - op.051/03 Study - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Mauro Giuliani.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Giuliani, Mauro - op.xxx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Giuliani, Mauro - op.033/10 Écossaise - D02 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Marek Cupak

Giuliani, Mauro - op.051/03 Study - Video

Post by Marek Cupak » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:38 pm

2014 Martin Okenica cedar, modern (H. Hauser I inspired)
2012 Martin Okenica spruce, early romantic (F. R. Lacôte inspired)

Stephen Graham

Re: Giuliani, Mauro - op.051/03 Study - Video

Post by Stephen Graham » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks for posting your studies, a pleasure to watch and listen to.
Takamine C132S

RHSOldboy

Post by RHSOldboy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:52 am

I enjoyed listening. Nicely played. Thank you for posting.
Regards,
Robert.

andi33x

Post by andi33x » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:15 am

Hi indeed very nicely played! Thanks for posting your work. The guitar sounds great as well.

I just had a look on your other videos. Can you imagine why the 3 videos containing Mauro Giuliani studies op. 100 are blocked in Germany? Youtube says that they have to block them because of the GEMA.
Maybe this is because you use or even show a score from a certain editior? Indeed some editors don't want their works to be played in public. Which message did you get from youtube?

Best wishes
Andreas
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a guitar - maybe aside from that of two guitars (Frederic Chopin)

Marek Cupak

Post by Marek Cupak » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:05 pm

andi33x wrote:Can you imagine why the 3 videos containing Mauro Giuliani studies op. 100 are blocked in Germany? Youtube says that they have to block them because of the GEMA.
Maybe this is because you use or even show a score from a certain editior? Indeed some editors don't want their works to be played in public. Which message did you get from youtube?
Hi Andreas. Thanks for listening and your comments. I did not know any of my videos are blocked. I've also never heard of those guys, but you definitely mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blocking_o ... in_Germany
In the first video of those you mention as blocked, I show score I typeset myself. The remaining videos show photos I took myself too. No idea why should they block it... and they never told me. Could you please advice how could I get in touch with somebody competent to explain and/or unblock?

andi33x

Post by andi33x » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:15 am

Marek Cupak wrote: Hi Andreas. Thanks for listening and your comments. I did not know any of my videos are blocked. I've also never heard of those guys, but you definitely mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blocking_o ... in_Germany
In the first video of those you mention as blocked, I show score I typeset myself. The remaining videos show photos I took myself too. No idea why should they block it... and they never told me. Could you please advice how could I get in touch with somebody competent to explain and/or unblock?
Yes, I mean exactly this. The error message which is displayed on the wikipedia site was shown when I opened these op. 100 studies.
BTW this error message is shown very often in Germany. We all know about the dispute between youtube and the GEMA. Sometimes (not here) the reason is directly written, e.g. "the video contains material from Sony Entertainment" or something like that.
Now in this case I assume that the reason is a picture, not the music (I can watch other op 100 videos on youtube without problems). Youtube has some algorithms to "hear and see" copyrighted material. These algorithms are not at all perfect.

In your youtube Studio you should have a hint about that. I think it is "youtube Studio" -> channel -> Status and then there is section for Content-ID. Here you can answer back to youtube.

At the moment the 3 videos are not shown any more in your video list. Did you set them to "not listed"?
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a guitar - maybe aside from that of two guitars (Frederic Chopin)

Terry Sanderson

Post by Terry Sanderson » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Andi and Marek,
Just did a test using Chrome browser and Hola changing my region to Germany and I can confirm that these videos are blocked from Germany. I have no problem viewing them from DK or UK ...

So Andi, a solution would be to install Chrome and add the Hola Add-In :-)
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Eleanor Roosevelt

andi33x

Post by andi33x » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Terry Sanderson wrote:Andi and Marek,
Just did a test using Chrome browser and Hola changing my region to Germany and I can confirm that these videos are blocked from Germany. I have no problem viewing them from DK or UK ...

So Andi, a solution would be to install Chrome and add the Hola Add-In :-)
Haha, it works, thanks so much!
Some interesting points:
- The list of Mareks videos depends on the country settings.
- The error message in Chrome (as a German user) is a bit different. Here google says directly that it is the music, not something else. So my assumption with the pictures was wrong...

Marek Cupak

Post by Marek Cupak » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:12 pm

andi33x wrote:At the moment the 3 videos are not shown any more in your video list. Did you set them to "not listed"?
No, I didn't... unbelievable. Well, I've recently changed tags, license and video category on those mentioned microtonal videos. I can't see any copyright notices in "Studio -> Video manager - Copyright notices". The "Studio -> Channel -> Content ID appeals" shows only a green dot, which says "Enabled". Should there be something else? Can't see anything to answer back to YouTube - they've opened no copyright disputes with me at all!

andi33x

Post by andi33x » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Marek Cupak wrote: No, I didn't... unbelievable. Well, I've recently changed tags, license and video category on those mentioned microtonal videos. I can't see any copyright notices in "Studio -> Video manager - Copyright notices". The "Studio -> Channel -> Content ID appeals" shows only a green dot, which says "Enabled". Should there be something else? Can't see anything to answer back to YouTube - they've opened no copyright disputes with me at all!
I also do not understand it and I don't know the reason here. In Firefox the op 100 videos are not shown. In Chrome they are shown sometimes :oops:. Yesterday they were not shown in Chrome (as a German, see the other post before). Today there were 3 of them directly after opening Chrome (like the very first time I tried to see all in Firefox). When I switched to UK in Chrome there are now 4 op. 100 videos :D . When I now go back to German all op 100 videos are gone.

I assume you have 13 videos in total. Then all others are simply stable and I can view them as a German or as someone else.
I am pooped.

andi33x

Post by andi33x » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:40 pm

btw, just saw that the blocked videos are not 4 but 5. The 5th is op. 51 No. 6. This is also blocked in Germany.
My son just said it is well known that youtube blocks videos from search lists etc. because of the dispute with the GEMA.
This dispute has escalated some years ago. I think the reason is the upload time of your videos. All blocked videos are older than 2 years.
Maybe this is the same at my own or other videos. I will check that.

Marek Cupak

Post by Marek Cupak » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:17 pm

I planed to re-record those arrangements as a standard video, not that single photo... maybe some day I'll go back to some microtonal fun.

andrewcch

Post by andrewcch » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 am

Hi Marek,

Very nice and smooth playing, and your guitar has got a nice "Hauser" tone to it. But why is there a guitar strap on your classical guitar? I felt a little uneasy watching you play with the strap, to be honest. Did you play while standing up? Just curious, cause I could not see the rest of your body.. :bravo: :bye:

Marek Cupak

Post by Marek Cupak » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:52 pm

andrewcch wrote:But why is there a guitar strap on your classical guitar?
Did you play while standing up?
Hi andrewcch, thanks for listening. I had used footstool long ago, for many years. Resulting assymetry did no good to my back (and shoulders a bit too). My first change in field of ergonomics was switching to guitar support. Much better, but I still felt uncomfortable. And one has to put it on and off each time... Strap is just the best for me. And yes, it is possible to play standing up, but I sit usually. Gives just extra stability when the guitar body rests on your legs.

Return to “Our recordings of Mauro Giuliani”