Shilov, Andrey - Romance - Video

Audio and video recordings of our own compositions and our interpretations of those of other members published on the forum.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Saywood, Paul - op.15/01 Study in C, New Year - Video
or Can, Esim - Miniatur n.5 - Video
or Grant - Running Water - Duo (Username may replace surname and forename)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Jacek A. Rochacki

Re: Shilov, Andrey - Romance - Video

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Romances as forms of artistic expression in art are as different as we have different cultures and their art. I believe that nobody feels offended, on the contrary, it is one more prove that we have different "flowers" of different genres or species, of different colours in our universal "garden" of guitar music.
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Kenny Hill, model Madrid, 2002, No. 2019, Cedar/IRW. Scale 650 mm.

Pajarillo

Post by Pajarillo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 pm

botswanajohn wrote:
Pajarillo wrote:
botswanajohn wrote:Interesting, but not my old fashioned, culturally English concept of a romantic piece.
Tastes differ... I don't pretend to be the best. I just composed a piece being inspired... :(
Hello Pajarillo, my comment was not meant as a criticism in any way. As I said the piece is interesting and I do like it and admire your ability to compose. My comment was more about how the concept of "romantic" varies from culture to culture, and that, if anything, I am the one who needs to expand my concepts and appreciation of different musical styles. There was a certain irony implied when I said " ..not my old fashioned culturally English concept of a romantic piece." I was not intending that my comment be taken too seriously. My apologies if my remark seemed critical, that was not the intent. :?
No problem friend. I am Ukrainian, so my vision and feeling of Romance is Slavonic. Here is the explanation of the essence of this genre we wrote for the leaflet for our CD of Romances:
"The Old Russian Romance is one of the most intimate genres of singing. It is a wonderful creation of the human soul that has learned
how to love and hate, and how to cry and laugh.
Russian Romance - that's when everything has already passed away and everything is still in the future!
If you have already experienced all this, let the Russian Romance once again stir your heart and "enliven the silent strings."
If you have not yet had this experience, give yourself the chance and the Russian Romance will captivate you".
Best regards!

botswanajohn

Post by botswanajohn » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Pajarillo wrote: No problem friend. I am Ukrainian, so my vision and feeling of Romance is Slavonic. Here is the explanation of the essence of this genre we wrote for the leaflet for our CD of Romances:
"The Old Russian Romance is one of the most intimate genres of singing. It is a wonderful creation of the human soul that has learned
Russian Romance - that's when everything has already passed away and everything is still in the future!
If you have already experienced all this, let the Russian Romance once again stir your heart and "enliven the silent strings."
If you have not yet had this experience, give yourself the chance and the Russian Romance will captivate you".
Best regards!
Thanks Pajarillo. After reading this explanation I listened again to your piece and can see how it fits your expanation of the Russian Romance " Russian Romance - that's when everything has already passed away and everything is still in the future!" The pont of intense emotion in between emotions. It is very different in concept to "Spanish Romance/Romanza" or "Greensleeves" for instance. I have a fuller appreciation of it now :)
1981 Ramirez 1a
1982 Asturias
If music be the food of love, play on....

Pajarillo

Post by Pajarillo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:49 am

botswanajohn wrote:
Pajarillo wrote: No problem friend. I am Ukrainian, so my vision and feeling of Romance is Slavonic. Here is the explanation of the essence of this genre we wrote for the leaflet for our CD of Romances:
Best regards!
Thanks Pajarillo. After reading this explanation I listened again to your piece and can see how it fits your expanation of the Russian Romance " Russian Romance - that's when everything has already passed away and everything is still in the future!" The pont of intense emotion in between emotions. It is very different in concept to "Spanish Romance/Romanza" or "Greensleeves" for instance. I have a fuller appreciation of it now :)
I'm glad to hear that friend!
In my Youtube channel there are quite a lot of videos of our (my friend singer and me) performances of Old Russian Romances. We have kept this program for more than 30 years and always it has a big success with the audience. The Russian Romance is sang not by voice but by heart. Yes, there are many Romances composed by the representatives of other cultures, as those you mentioned, for example. They are good, but they are different. This Romance - Old Russian Romance - is a unique, specifically Slavonic genre which deserves more recognition, as our friend Jacek said.
Best regards!

botswanajohn

Post by botswanajohn » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:04 am

Pajarillo wrote: In my Youtube channel there are quite a lot of videos of our (my friend singer and me) performances of Old Russian Romances. We have kept this program for more than 30 years and always it has a big success with the audience. The Russian Romance is sang not by voice but by heart. Yes, there are many Romances composed by the representatives of other cultures, as those you mentioned, for example. They are good, but they are different. This Romance - Old Russian Romance - is a unique, specifically Slavonic genre which deserves more recognition, as our friend Jacek said.
Best regards!
I shall listen to some more of your songs on Youtube. You have stimulated my interest.

Many thanks
1981 Ramirez 1a
1982 Asturias

Pajarillo

Post by Pajarillo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:20 am

botswanajohn wrote:
Pajarillo wrote: In my Youtube channel there are quite a lot of videos of our (my friend singer and me) performances of Old Russian Romances. We have kept this program for more than 30 years and always it has a big success with the audience. The Russian Romance is sang not by voice but by heart. Yes, there are many Romances composed by the representatives of other cultures, as those you mentioned, for example. They are good, but they are different. This Romance - Old Russian Romance - is a unique, specifically Slavonic genre which deserves more recognition, as our friend Jacek said.
Best regards!
I shall listen to some more of your songs on Youtube. You have stimulated my interest.

Many thanks
Nice to hear that friend! I hope you'll enjoy it greatly despite you may not understand the words. For the Preface to my Romance book I made a poetic (i.e. singable) translation of one of the Romances just to help to understand what is this specific genre. If you want I can send you it.

botswanajohn

Post by botswanajohn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Pajarillo wrote:
Nice to hear that friend! I hope you'll enjoy it greatly despite you may not understand the words. For the Preface to my Romance book I made a poetic (i.e. singable) translation of one of the Romances just to help to understand what is this specific genre. If you want I can send you it.
Thankyou, Pajarillo. :D
1981 Ramirez 1a
1982 Asturias

ChristianSchwengeler
Luthier

Post by ChristianSchwengeler » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:45 am

Pajarillo wrote:Andrey Shilov plays his own Romance.

Youtube
I like it :casque: . All the best

Pajarillo

Post by Pajarillo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:54 am

ChristianSchwengeler wrote:
Pajarillo wrote:Andrey Shilov plays his own Romance.

Youtube
I like it :casque: . All the best
Thanks very much Christian! :merci:

daverkb

Post by daverkb » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:37 pm

Very, very nice. Love the guitar. Love the atmosphere of the piece.

Is there a pdf?

Pajarillo

Post by Pajarillo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:16 am

Thanks very much friend!
Of course.

Viccy

Post by Viccy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Very beautiful! Love is a very complicated emotion. Beauty, sadness and happiness all mixed together.

I once had the embarrassing experience of being asked to play my most "romantic" piece at a restaurant, for a couple on their date. I experienced the same confusion from them.... I guess the feelings can be different for people sitting behind the guitar, than in front of it. Either way, it's fun to explore what feelings you induce in others through your music.

Pajarillo

Post by Pajarillo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Viccy wrote:Very beautiful! Love is a very complicated emotion. Beauty, sadness and happiness all mixed together.

I once had the embarrassing experience of being asked to play my most "romantic" piece at a restaurant, for a couple on their date. I experienced the same confusion from them.... I guess the feelings can be different for people sitting behind the guitar, than in front of it. Either way, it's fun to explore what feelings you induce in others through your music.
Thank you very much friend! :)

Return to “Our recordings of Members' Compositions”