Matic, Mirko - Blanket and Shadows - Video

Audio and video recordings of our own compositions and our interpretations of those of other members published on the forum.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Saywood, Paul - op.15/01 Study in C, New Year - Video
or Can, Esim - Miniatur n.5 - Video
or Grant - Running Water - Duo (Username may replace surname and forename)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
singularity

Matic, Mirko - Blanket and Shadows - Video

Post by singularity » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:19 pm

This past weekend I performed in a concert at St Francis of Assisi church in Louisville Kentucky organized by Louisville Guitar Society. Although I've played at the weddings, restaurants etc. I've never played in a formal setting like this one and the main reason I'm doing it is to finally face my fear and learn to deal with performance anxiety.
You don't see it in the video but as soon as I started playing my fingers were shaking and I was having trouble breathing and really almost stopped breathing after first 20 seconds. I regained my composure and continued but result is that I hesitated several times and made several obvious mistakes.

My second composition was Asturias which I play for over 30 years and it's the main reason why I selected it, I'm very comfortable playing it. Well, I shouldn't have. I played beautifully through some very difficult parts and played horribly through easy and difficult parts equally. I even missed simple B Major. I did get very strong applause but I wasn't happy.

What I've learned from this exercise is that I should select easier pieces to play no matter how comfortable I am and I also I realized that what I don't often see is that other (accomplished guitarists) make mistakes. There were two graduate students there and they also had some rough time.

Anyway enjoy. I wrote this song few months ago and it's about going to park, sitting on the blanket and watching how sun and trees are creating shadows on most beautiful face of a woman sitting on my blanket.

And sorry about bad video recording and sound. My friend recorded it on his IPhone, I didn't have any plans on recording it.

Youtube

ameetnsharma

Re: Matic, Mirko- Blanket and Shadows

Post by ameetnsharma » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Very nice! You are too hard on yourself.

singularity

Re: Matic, Mirko - Blanket and Shadows - Video

Post by singularity » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Thank you for your kind comment.
s

Return to “Our recordings of Members' Compositions”