Battazzo, S. - Variations on Fernando Sor Op. 60 No. 1 - Video

Audio and video recordings of our own compositions and our interpretations of those of other members published on the forum.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Saywood, Paul - op.15/01 Study in C, New Year - Video
or Can, Esim - Miniatur n.5 - Video
or Grant - Running Water - Duo (Username may replace surname and forename)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
powderedtoastman

Battazzo, S. - Variations on Fernando Sor Op. 60 No. 1 - Video

Post by powderedtoastman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 pm

Hello all! Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this, but I recently came up with the wacky idea of doing a set of variations on Sor Op. 60 no. 1.
On the surface this is the absolute simplest of the Sor studies as far as I know (at least if you don't count some things in the methods that aren't assigned numbers), but hey it actually leaves enough clues to figure out the underlying chords, and from there it's not too hard to do a lot of different things with it!

When I'm done with all the variations and have given them some practice, I plan to do the whole thing as a more polished work, but for now I don't mind uploading them in the "work in progress" state as well. And if anyone is ever interested, I'll probably post the final score once it's complete.

At any rate, here are my first crack at the first two!
Adagio? (TBD if that's what I want it to be, and I probably need to keep myself from speeding up to make it such, haha!):

Youtube

Waltz:

Youtube

I hope you enjoy!

Return to “Our recordings of Members' Compositions”