Meister, Riff - Sketch in Am

Audio and video recordings of our own compositions and our interpretations of those of other members published on the forum.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Saywood, Paul - op.15/01 Study in C, New Year - Video
or Can, Esim - Miniatur n.5 - Video
or Grant - Running Water - Duo (Username may replace surname and forename)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Ramon Amira
Teacher

Re: Meister, Riff - Sketch in Am

Post by Ramon Amira » Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm

What the heck is porridge anyway? Sounds disgusting.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Sun May 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:What the heck is porridge anyway? Sounds disgusting.

Ramon
After you've made a large pot of vegetable beef stew, you clean the pot by filling a sink with soapy water and scrubbing the pot. You can then either drain the sink or ladle it out as porridge.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sun May 18, 2014 7:18 pm

riffmeister wrote:

Ramon
After you've made a large pot of vegetable beef stew, you clean the pot by filling a sink with soapy water and scrubbing the pot. You can then either drain the sink or ladle it out as porridge.
That's what I thought. And while we're on the subject, what the heck are "curds and whey?" Sounds even more disgusting. And what is a "tuffet?" Maybe I can sit on one when I play the guitar. As long as I'm not required to eat curds and whey if I do.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Sun May 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Ramon Amira wrote:
riffmeister wrote:

Ramon
That's what I thought. And while we're on the subject, what the heck are "curds and whey?" Sounds even more disgusting. And what is a "tuffet?" Maybe I can sit on one when I play the guitar. As long as I'm not required to eat curds and whey if I do.

Ramon
Pretty sure curds and whey are the bits that you have to scrape out of the porridge pot when cleaning it.

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun May 18, 2014 8:16 pm

Lovely music, Riff. I prefer the slower version, because it sounds more lyrical to me. :bravo: :merci: :bye:
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Pepotte

Post by Pepotte » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:22 am

very very nice!
Pepotte

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Thank you Pepotte!

I am re-attaching the sound file here......the attachment in the opening post seems to have gotten corrupted, there are a lot of extraneous noises when I play it. So here it is again.....play it again, Sam! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

riffmeister

Post by riffmeister » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:15 pm

riffmeister wrote:A very short winter theme for what's been a very looooooong winter!

Zoom H4n recorder with internal mics, reverb added outside of the Zoom.

Played on a 1992 Manuel Velazquez with spruce top and African Blackwood sides/back. I just put a set of D'Addario EJ45 normal tension nylon strings on the guitar for a little bit more mellow sound.
Here is the score:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=101910

The mp3 file in the opening post is corrupted, look in the post right before this one for a good copy.

Lovemyguitar

Post by Lovemyguitar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 am

Beautiful piece, lovely playing (I much prefer the faster version, for what it's worth), and phenomenal sounding guitar!

Return to “Our recordings of Members' Compositions”