Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Will95

Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by Will95 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:09 am

Been working on this for a few weeks now and finally got it to a 'video worthy' stage. Still a couple of tight corners (notice the change of sweatshirt going into the Allegro- I did originally do it all in one take but wasn't satisfied with the 3rd movement!) to iron out but I think it's coming together nicely. Still got another 6 months to polish it before my exam, so any pointers or critque would be well recieved.

Youtube

Steve O

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Post by Steve O » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:13 pm

"Working on this for a few weeks" blows me away. I've been working on this for over a year and I'm still not playing as well as you. After a "few weeks" I still would not have had the first movement memorized.

Depression :-(

In the 2nd movement, you shift positions a lot; you might look into alternative fingerings to avoid a few shifts. At 4:11 you play a C on the 2nd string 13th fret, which seems awkward, although I like the tone. I play that bar in the first position, play a C on the 8th fret of the first string, and then return to the first position.

If Denis Azabagic was watching you play he'd tell you to bring your palm closer into the neck so that you're not stretching your pinky out so straight...

Will95

Post by Will95 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Ah, interesting fingering. With that bar I just went with what was written on my score (Stover ed.) but I might look into that. The pinky stretch isn't nearly as painful/awkward as it looks on camera though, I'm always more concerned with the next bar hammer-on's :P

Thanks for the kind words! I'm currently working on a recital diploma for the summer and on a pretty tight timescale to get it done so rest assured, it has been quite an intense four weeks to get it to where it is now!

leyenda

Post by leyenda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:42 pm

I think your doing a grand job of this one. You have good technique,tone and articulation.
I think you need to relax your left hand, a bit less pressure would help with the shifts.
Look forward to hearing the finished product.

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”