Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Mazurka Apassionada - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
glassynails

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Mazurka Apassionada - Video

Post by glassynails » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:38 am

I'm not entirely comfortable with the piece (as you can tell) and I still have some practice to do, this is a tough piece, but ah what the heck, life's short. I've decided to give it some more practice. This will serve as a reminder of how NOT to play it, lol.

Youtube
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Ray

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Mazurka Apassionada - Video

Post by Ray » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:50 pm

OK well I guess I'm the first one to reply here.

I think you have a good feel for the piece but your rhythm and tempo is all over the place, do you practice with a metronome? It's not a sin to practice and play it at a significantly slower tempo than it's usually played as long as you're producing the written rhythms correctly and playing with a steady tempo throughout.

After you have that down you can experiment with rubato and other interpretive devices but the basic pulse and steady tempo must be ingrained beforehand. I don't see why you can't do this because you're hitting all the notes so that's not a problem from what I hear.

A word of advice, which you can heed or ignore - don't say that this is a reminder of how not to play it even in jest, it gives the person who's taking the time to listen to your recording a bad taste and it's basically a turnoff. I think that's why nobody responded yet even though you posted this in back in January.

Thanks for sharing and next time have more confidence in what you're sharing here on the forum.

Regards, Ray
Last edited by Ray on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike.janel

Post by mike.janel » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks Ray for bringing this post up.
Glassynails, there is not one recording that I did that I can say is an example of how to play. I just do my best, post and trust the kindness of the members.
Having no reply is very disapointing.
It is just that post disappear from "new posts" so fast...
Anyway, I liked parts of your playing of this hard piece. Just the shear length of it....
The tempo is indeed broken in some places which makes it harder to enjoy all of it.
Keep it up
Michael
-----------------------------------------------
2013 Amalio Burguet 3M (Cedar)
1989 Yamaha CG 110 (Spruce)

glassynails

Post by glassynails » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:47 am

Thanks guys. I'll get out the sheets and try again. I haven't played the piece in a while.
"GLASSYNAILS" on Youtoob for my "no edit" - "no fakery" audio recordings. Just me, my Alhambra 7p spruce, and an Olympus ls-10 portable recorder.

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”