Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
leyenda

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby leyenda » Fri May 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Mmm. :casque:

User avatar
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Glasgow Scotland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Matthew McAllister » Sat May 23, 2015 8:05 pm

leyenda wrote:Mmm. :casque:


:D

Figolo
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Figolo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Great thank you

Dofpic
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 6:14 pm
Location: Whitefish, Montana

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Dofpic » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 pm

By far my favorite recording or video of this piece. Wonderful in everyday. What guitar are you playing here?
Spruce..Fritz Ober spruce/maple/Eric Sahlin Spruce/Braz
J. Rothel/maple/spruce/Enrico Bottelli Spruce/brazilian/Michel Bruck/spruce/braz
Cedar... A Gropius/Daniel Chiesa Indian/cedar, John Dick double top

User avatar
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Glasgow Scotland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Matthew McAllister » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:23 am

Cheers Figolo!

Dofpic wrote:By far my favorite recording or video of this piece. Wonderful in everyday. What guitar are you playing here?


Glad you are enjoying the video. The guitar I am playing in this video is by Michael Ritchie, great Scottish Luthier and all round nice guy. http://www.michaelritchie.co.uk/

jorge nuño guerrero

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby jorge nuño guerrero » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Matthews are incredible congratulate you and wish you much success and reap applause throughout your career.
MATT successes .

User avatar
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Glasgow Scotland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Matthew McAllister » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:45 am

jorge nuño guerrero wrote:Matthews are incredible congratulate you and wish you much success and reap applause throughout your career.
MATT successes .


Thank you very much!

User avatar
Rob Sheffer
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Rob Sheffer » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Very tasteful rubato in the prelude. That is hard to find. Excellent performance, thanks for sharing!
Rob Sheffer
Adj. Professor of Guitar, Washington & Jefferson College
Music & Worship Associate, Peters Creek Baptist Church
Independent contractor

User avatar
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Glasgow Scotland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Matthew McAllister » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Rob Sheffer wrote:Very tasteful rubato in the prelude. That is hard to find. Excellent performance, thanks for sharing!


Thanks Rob, it is such a beautiful preludio.

:D

Max 61

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Max 61 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Master Matthew, great interpretation of this wonderful Cathedral.
The only thing ... if I may say, "cheerful" ending I like it a lot faster, it's still a "cheerful",
however fantastic interpretation.
Max61... Turin/Italy :merci:

cliffbryant
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby cliffbryant » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:48 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Very very well done!

User avatar
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Glasgow Scotland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Matthew McAllister » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Max 61 wrote:Master Matthew, great interpretation of this wonderful Cathedral.
The only thing ... if I may say, "cheerful" ending I like it a lot faster, it's still a "cheerful",
however fantastic interpretation.
Max61... Turin/Italy :merci:


It is Allegro Solemne Max..... so cheerful is not want Barrios is looking for I am afraid.

:D

User avatar
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Glasgow Scotland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Matthew McAllister » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:30 pm

cliffbryant wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed that. Very very well done!


Cheers!

User avatar
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Glasgow Scotland

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Matthew McAllister » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:30 pm

Matthew McAllister wrote:
Max 61 wrote:Master Matthew, great interpretation of this wonderful Cathedral.
The only thing ... if I may say, "cheerful" ending I like it a lot faster, it's still a "cheerful",
however fantastic interpretation.
Max61... Turin/Italy :merci:


Yes it can also work fast but it is Allegro Solemne Max..... so cheerful is not want Barrios is looking for I am afraid.

:D

Max 61

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustin - La Catedral

Postby Max 61 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Matthew McAllister wrote:
Matthew McAllister wrote:
Max 61 wrote:Master Matthew, great interpretation of this wonderful Cathedral.
The only thing ... if I may say, "cheerful" ending I like it a lot faster, it's still a "cheerful",
however fantastic interpretation.
Max61... Turin/Italy :merci:


Yes it can also work fast but it is Allegro Solemne Max..... so cheerful is not want Barrios is looking for I am afraid.

:D



Matthew friend likes you!
Check in from concerts of Nicolò Paganini ... where the ALLEGRO are real ALLEGRO. What I forgot the Barrios is a SOLENNE Allegro.
Hello Max ....... six very good! :bravo: :bravo:


Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest