D02 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Zafar Haq » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi, Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic,
Well done on submission of your study assignments "ATOYE" and "SOLEARES".
Good tempo,rhythm,melody.
Good audio,posture.
Poor video,lighting quality.

Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic

Post by Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello Zafar,
thanks for watching my videos. I knew that light in my video is poor. Camera on my phone is not good enough. I will try to make next video during the day light.
Best wishes
Teodora

Jose Ramon Martinez

Post by Jose Ramon Martinez » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:30 am

Hello everyone!
My late submissions for this lesson.
Hope you have some time to watch and share your comments.

Regards.

Youtube

Youtube

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Splendid job Jose! You ought to get your hands on a decent microphone, I think it'd benefit your immensely!

Jose Ramon Martinez

Post by Jose Ramon Martinez » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:02 am

Stefan Srećković wrote:Splendid job Jose! You ought to get your hands on a decent microphone, I think it'd benefit your immensely!
Stefan:
I appreciate your comments and thank you for taking some minutes to watch my videos.
I'll follow your advice and try to get a better mic, any advice on the type of microphone that I should get? I'll look for some information in the forums.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 am

Good to see you here, Stefan! I hope we'll see you more often!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:18 pm

Jose Ramon Martinez wrote: any advice on the type of microphone that I should get? I'll look for some information in the forums.
Both pieces excellently played, hard to give any advice for improvement. Can't wait to hear how they sound after another few weeks :lol:

I'm listening on headphones and the sound quality is ok, very clear and listenable with good detail. If you want a better microphone it will need to be matched with whatever recording m/c you are using. Out of choice I would always go for a cardioid condenser mic and i've always found the small capsule mics give excellent results. You can go for a stereo one or record mono and duplicate the audio track.

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:26 pm

I would also think about what type of connection the mic uses:

Portable
http://www.*** Commercial link removed ***.de/se/zoom_h_5.htm

USB mic
http://www.*** Commercial link removed ***.de/se/apogee_one_for_ipad.htm

Phone
http://www.*** Commercial link removed ***.de/se/rode_ixy_lightning.htm

XLR
http://www.*** Commercial link removed ***.de/se/the_tbone_sct800_tube_mic.htm

Colin Bullock wrote:
Jose Ramon Martinez wrote: any advice on the type of microphone that I should get? I'll look for some information in the forums.
Both pieces excellently played, hard to give any advice for improvement. Can't wait to hear how they sound after another few weeks :lol:

I'm listening on headphones and the sound quality is ok, very clear and listenable with good detail. If you want a better microphone it will need to be matched with whatever recording m/c you are using. Out of choice I would always go for a cardioid condenser mic and i've always found the small capsule mics give excellent results. You can go for a stereo one or record mono and duplicate the audio track.
Never Mind the Bollocks

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 am

Jose Ramon Martinez wrote:
Stefan Srećković wrote:Splendid job Jose! You ought to get your hands on a decent microphone, I think it'd benefit your immensely!
Stefan:
I appreciate your comments and thank you for taking some minutes to watch my videos.
I'll follow your advice and try to get a better mic, any advice on the type of microphone that I should get? I'll look for some information in the forums.
I used to keep things simple with a USB mic. Blue Yeti worked wonders for me.
Marko Räsänen wrote: Good to see you here, Stefan! I hope we'll see you more often!
Thanks Marko!

Alma Wistara

Post by Alma Wistara » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Managed to finish these two today, but didn't try too hard. About three takes each. I think I will take a few days' break because the blisters on my finger tips are not getting better.

A Toye
The song is not hard but the damping is making me hesitate and make mistakes. Halfway through the song I gave up on it :chaud:

Youtube

Soleares
Fun song to learn. Good for right hand practice. Need a lot more practice. And nice fingernails.

Youtube

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Very good if only three takes.
Alma Wistara wrote:Managed to finish these two today, but didn't try too hard. About three takes each. I think I will take a few days' break because the blisters on my finger tips are not getting better.
Never Mind the Bollocks

Alma Wistara

Post by Alma Wistara » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi Bert, thanks for the encouraging response! I was rather daunted by the prospect of catching up so many lessons and after doing the Malaguena, which took 2 hours and more than ten takes, I felt today I could not repeat the same effort. Anyway, hoping to join the class proper by lesson 5 and working towards polishing a piece or two, after the blisters heal. Thanks for watching.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Alma Wistara wrote:Hi Bert, thanks for the encouraging response! I was rather daunted by the prospect of catching up so many lessons and after doing the Malaguena, which took 2 hours and more than ten takes, I felt today I could not repeat the same effort. Anyway, hoping to join the class proper by lesson 5 and working towards polishing a piece or two, after the blisters heal. Thanks for watching.
All the pieces you have put up are excellent, smoothness will come with practice.
I have found Malagueña and Soleares quite tricky and I'm not sure why!
Good idea to let the blisters heal, my fingertips feel sore occasionally, but no blisters. I'm reluctant to push too fast as I think the practice times suggested by Prof Delcamp are to avoid any tendon or joint damage. If you've played before you may well have the strength in the fingers.
Anyway, you realise this advice is only designed to slow you down, as you will quickly overtake me :D
Mm mm, just realised, you already have!

Alma Wistara

Post by Alma Wistara » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:49 pm

Haha Colin I'm already slowing down on my own! I think you're spot on about the injury prevention. I will have to build up the strength and flexibility in the left hand again, and grow finger nails for the right hand! Hate long finger nails though and I want to do rock climbing soon... but it does sound better with properly shaped and filed nails. Also felt easier on fast repetitive free strokes for Malaguena (the part where the thumb plays the melody and the middle finger strikes high E repeatedly) and Soleares (the triplets where index and middle finger alternate on E). Or maybe thats just what I'm used to. Thank you for watching and your kind comments.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:03 pm

A little ragged, but I'm trying to do with minimum false starts and takes.

A Toye

Youtube

SOLEARES

Youtube

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”