D03 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Miguel Grajeda

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Miguel Grajeda » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:56 am

Jorge, my buddy, good job, congratulations on you, no objection to this second installment.

Jorge, mi PANA, muy buen trabajo, felicidades por tí, nada que objetar de esta segunda entrega.

Miguel Grajeda

Post by Miguel Grajeda » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:56 am

Sorry Big George.

jorge nuño guerrero

Post by jorge nuño guerrero » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:36 am

Thanks MIKEY was very confused.
When I make a mistake all colleagues Please feel assured that all gladly make a new video, that does not bother me in turn helps me improve .
See you in Lesson 04 simply beautiful .
Cheers

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:42 am

jorge nuño guerrero wrote:
Youtube
Jorge,
I commend you for posting first. However, I think on this waltz on bar 13 the pull off is from a g# to an f# an not the natural g to an f#. This is also why Mr. Delcamp suggests the use of your pinky finger for this part of the music.

I looked back at the archive and saw the same mistake with other students, but I am pretty sure when I repeat that part of Mr. Delcamps video example he is using his pinky for the pull off from g# (4th fret e string) to the f# (2nd fret e string). He goes so fast in that section it is hard to distinguish the sound of the note but visually, I am pretty sure it's a g# as the sheet music denotes.

If anyone else has a different opinion, please let me know so I can correct the way I am practicing.

Thank you!
Bill

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi Gorge, impressive. You got all the videos recorded in the first week!

In the Paganini I could offer you the advice to dampen the A and E bass notes right after playing and not to let them ring out at all. It looks so easy on Mr. Delcamps video, but I really struggle to get it to sound right. As Bill already wrote, I also think that the pull off is from the 4th to the 2nd fret.

The F major scale and Greensleves sound nice. You never sound or look like you are in a hurry. In the Greensleeves try to keep the pace on a more constant level.

Miguel Grajeda

Post by Miguel Grajeda » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:20 pm

I sympathize with the French people in these difficult times through which they pass, my prayers are with them; May God give you strength to get ahead of this horrible that lurks right now.

Me solidarizo con el pueblo Frances en estos duros momentos por los que pasan, mis oraciones están con ellos; que Dios les de fuerza para salir adelante de esto tan horrible que los acecha en estos momentos.

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Guys, i have a question regarding the excercise 11 on page 88, the D minor scale. I am a bit confused.

The way I learned the D natural minor scale is: D E F G A Bb C D. It makes sense on page 88 to put both scales (F major / D minor) on the same page, as they both use the same notes (same shape). The only difference is the starting point, the root note.

The way it is transcribed in D03 and also played by Mr. Delcamp is: D E F G A B C# D.

Can anybody please tell me what i am missing on this?

Thanks

Dennis

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:23 am

Dennis Stewart wrote:Hi Guys, i have a question regarding the excercise 11 on page 88, the D minor scale. I am a bit confused.

The way I learned the D natural minor scale is: D E F G A Bb C D. It makes sense on page 88 to put both scales (F major / D minor) on the same page, as they both use the same notes (same shape). The only difference is the starting point, the root note.

The way it is transcribed in D03 and also played by Mr. Delcamp is: D E F G A B C# D.

Thanks

Dennis
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_scale and scroll down to "Melodic minor scale". All the minor scales in Delcamp collections are melodic ones, not natural.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:29 am

Marko Räsänen wrote:
Dennis Stewart wrote:Hi Guys, i have a question regarding the excercise 11 on page 88, the D minor scale. I am a bit confused.

Thanks

Dennis
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_scale and scroll down to "Melodic minor scale". All the minor scales in Delcamp collections are melodic ones, not natural.

Thanks Marko for clarifying

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 am

Hi everyone. Here are my submissions for this lesson. I got a bit under time preassure as I am leaving home tomorrow for a couple of weeks and will not be able to record anything. Also its time to change strings (just never seem to find the time for it)

Hope everyone is doing fine and looking forward to hear your recordings

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:30 am

Dennis Stewart wrote:Hi everyone. Here are my submissions for this lesson. I got a bit under time preassure as I am leaving home tomorrow for a couple of weeks and will not be able to record anything. Also its time to change strings (just never seem to find the time for it)

Hope everyone is doing fine and looking forward to hear your recordings
Excellent job Dennis. Your valtz was very nice. You damped the bases nicely. I also liked the trill sound you played in Greensleeves. I have been working on that too but a bit higher up the neck for a more harp sound but I keep snagging. That sound is very hard for me to get. I hope yuou have a nice trip home.
:bravo:
Bill

Dennis Stewart

Post by Dennis Stewart » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:15 am

Bill Davis wrote: Excellent job Dennis. Your valtz was very nice. You damped the bases nicely. I also liked the trill sound you played in Greensleeves. I have been working on that too but a bit higher up the neck for a more harp sound but I keep snagging. That sound is very hard for me to get. I hope yuou have a nice trip home.
Bill
Hi Bill, thanks a lot for your commets. I am not sure what you are meaning with the trill sound in Greensleeves. Is it the 3 notes after the G chord? The way i do it is to put the 3 fingers (a, m and i) on the strings and roll off with my wrist. Now, no one else i checked in the videos seems to be doing it this way, so i guess my way might not be the right way. I hope i dont teach myself a bad habit. Maybe one of the operators can shed some light in how they are doing it.

Anyway, thanks again Bill and looking foreward for your recordings, i am sure they will be flawless again...

David Yang
Student of the online lessons

Post by David Yang » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:09 am

Youtube

page 88 number 10

Youtube

Page 94 number 30, bar 2

Youtube

GREENSLEEVES

Youtube

VALTZ
Music begins where language ends.

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:59 pm

Hey guys! :)
You made all a real good effort!
I am at the moment uploading my recordings to youtube
You will have them soon :)

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:22 am

Dennis Stewart wrote:
Bill Davis wrote: Excellent job Dennis. Your valtz was very nice. You damped the bases nicely. I also liked the trill sound you played in Greensleeves. I have been working on that too but a bit higher up the neck for a more harp sound but I keep snagging. That sound is very hard for me to get. I hope yuou have a nice trip home.
Bill
Hi Bill, thanks a lot for your commets. I am not sure what you are meaning with the trill sound in Greensleeves. Is it the 3 notes after the G chord? The way i do it is to put the 3 fingers (a, m and i) on the strings and roll off with my wrist. Now, no one else i checked in the videos seems to be doing it this way, so i guess my way might not be the right way. I hope i dont teach myself a bad habit. Maybe one of the operators can shed some light in how they are doing it.

Anyway, thanks again Bill and looking foreward for your recordings, i am sure they will be flawless again...
HI Dennis,
You are correct about the section I am talking about. However, I looked up trill and it looks like hammer ons and pull offs. So I guess I don't know what they call the sound I am talking about. I watched a Frederic Hand DVD a few months back and it showed that technique. I have to watch it again. I also found it on youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PT0wLQ8iro . It wasn't easy for me. He made it look easy and sound really good.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”