D03 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Eva Pakaki
Student of the online lessons

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Eva Pakaki » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:28 am

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

I have also another one, I deleted the file by mistake. I will post in later today

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 am

David Yang wrote: page 88 number 10
Page 94 number 30, bar 2
GREENSLEEVES
VALTZ
David, :bravo:
It looks like you got an upgrade in video and audio. It is very clear and sounds very nice. I am glad to see with you busy schedule that you are making the posts. This time, before me. :desole:

Keep up the excellent work.
Bill

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:39 am

Eva Pakaki wrote:
I have also another one, I deleted the file by mistake. I will post in later today
Good job Eva! I look forward to your final post. On the waltz the base notes should be dampened. However, I noticed that the sheet music wasn't explicit about that but Mr. Delcamp mentioned it in the lesson. I almost recorded it without the damping until I listened one last time to Mr. Delcamp and realized I missed that comment in the lesson notes. I also think in Greensleeves you added an extra note in bar 32, I believe bar 31 is suppose to sound through bar 32 but not be plucked again in bar 32, like the low E in bar 23 to bar 24. I also noticed on your scale it sounded like you did a nice job of keeping a consistent tempo. However, the scale goes from 1/8th notes to 1/4 notes so it creates a pause sound during the scale. Again, I learned the notes and almost missed that small detail too.
:bravo:
Bill
Last edited by Bill Davis on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:52 am

Hi All,
Here are my lesson posts. I am sorry I was having trouble with my microphone and blew out the gain on Greensleeves so the sound is kind of muddy. I reduced the sound so it doesn't blow out the speakers when listening. I almost ripped my ears off trying to get my earphones out of my ears when I listened because it was so loud. :shock: It was kind of funny but I was bummed that I didn't catch that when recording. :(

Thank you for listening.

Bill

P94 Slurs no30 bar2

Youtube

P88 Scales FA Majeur no10
I accidentally marked this lesson 02, sorry. Please ignore that in the video.

Youtube

P56 PAGANINI VALTZ

Youtube

P11 Greensleeves

Youtube
Last edited by Bill Davis on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

David Yang

Post by David Yang » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Bill Davis wrote:This time, before me. :desole:
It's a big honor, Bill :lol:
Music begins where language ends.

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:49 pm

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:57 pm

Bill Davis wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:
Good job Eva! I look forward to your final post. On the waltz the base notes should be dampened. However, I noticed that the sheet music wasn't explicit about that but Mr. Delcamp mentioned it in the lesson. I almost recorded it without the damping until I listened one last time to Mr. Delcamp and realized I missed that comment in the lesson notes. I also think in Greensleeves you added an extra note in bar 32, I believe bar 31 is suppose to sound through bar 32 but not be plucked again in bar 32, like the low E in bar 23 to bar 24. I also noticed on your scale it sounded like you did a nice job of keeping a consistent tempo. However, the scale goes from 1/8th notes to 1/4 notes so it creates a pause sound during the scale. Again, I learned the notes and almost missed that small detail too.
Bill
Thank you Bill :) :merci:
I was away from home for almost 15 days, so I haven't played for so long. I was a bit afraid, but I did it, not perfect but I did :P
Thanks again for watching my videos and commenting

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:17 am

Eva Pakaki wrote:
Bill Davis wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:
Bill
Thank you Bill :) :merci:
I was away from home for almost 15 days, so I haven't played for so long. I was a bit afraid, but I did it, not perfect but I did :P
Thanks again for watching my videos and commenting
Your welcome Eva! :merci: Keep up the good work!

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Between travelling and a cold, I did not have much time to practice, but here goes...

F Major Scale

Youtube

Slurs

Youtube

Greensleeves

Youtube

Paganini Valtz

Youtube

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Eva Pakaki wrote:
Youtube
Why isn't this in the exam qualifying submissions? Is something wrong with this I have to fix?

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:38 am

Eva Pakaki wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:
Why isn't this in the exam qualifying submissions? Is something wrong with this I have to fix?
Hi Eva,

It appears the video is marked as 'private' so it will not play. You will have to go to your youtube account and mark the video as 'public'. In case you are not familiar I think this is how to get there:
Login to your youtube
Go to My Channel from the left pane
On the top of the page go to Video Manager
Find the video that you are trying to post and select 'Edit'
Under the basic information section it will say 'private'. Simply change that to 'public' and save it. It should work then.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:48 am

Mark Farber wrote:Between travelling and a cold, I did not have much time to practice, but here goes...

F Major Scale
Slurs
Greensleeves
Paganini Valtz
Good job Mark! Being sick and busy with travel does make practicing a challenge but you got it done, so bravo. The Valtz had a few spots that sounded like the string was not full sounding, like maybe another finger was in the way and muted it out while you plucked it. You had a nice tempo on Greensleeves. :bravo:
Bill

Jeremy Gillard

Post by Jeremy Gillard » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:18 pm

As Bill has said, your video is marked as private. So I was unable to view it to add it to the qualifying exam submission list. Please either post here once you have updated the video rights or send me a message to let me know that you have fixed it and I will update the submission list.

Thanks,
It's the player, not the guitar...
But, the guitar helps!!!

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Bill Davis wrote:
Mark Farber wrote:Between travelling and a cold, I did not have much time to practice, but here goes...

F Major Scale
Slurs
Greensleeves
Paganini Valtz
Good job Mark! Being sick and busy with travel does make practicing a challenge but you got it done, so bravo. The Valtz had a few spots that sounded like the string was not full sounding, like maybe another finger was in the way and muted it out while you plucked it. You had a nice tempo on Greensleeves. :bravo:
Bill
Thanks Bill. I have been trying different fingerings for the Waltz, and I find that the volume for certain notes changes as I change the fingerings (the a finger tends to play a bit softer). Thanks for the feedback - I will pay more attention to this.

Mark.

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Nice job Eva. I did notice that some of the notes in Greensleeves seemed a bit rushed. I would recommend using a metronome if you don't already to practice holding notes for the full beat. Use a very slow tempo to start, and gradually build up to the desired speed.

Mark

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”