D05 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Loiseng Kee
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 03

Postby Loiseng Kee » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:36 am

John Montes wrote:
Loiseng Kee wrote:Hi everyone,

Finally I have time to record and submit my works. Great job Eric, Havard, Tim, Chris and John. U guys are fantastic by getting ur recording done so fast. I am facing lots of hiccups during recordings, and this is my first time joining online learning, felt quite panic during recordings. Hope to learn from u all, I aware that is too many errors during El Pastillon, I might record it sometime again, pls feel free to comments!!!

p/s: Attempt to catch up with my lesson 02 submission. wish me good luck!

Many Thanks.

Hi Loiseng,
You did fine, the sound quality from what your using is very good. The room is providing a nice reverb. My recordings are in a carpeted room so its a little dry and no natural reverb.

Most of us have some little mistakes here and there in our recordings, we just strive to keep improving with focus and practice :-)

Thanks John,
I am using blue yeti n audacity for my recordings. Ur second version was making huge improvement. May i know what is m7 m9 means??? Is it emphasized in our learning materials?

Stewart Doyle

Postby Stewart Doyle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi Loiseng,

I can answer that one, John is referring to measure (or bar) 7 and 9. You'll notice the measures are numbered in the scores.

I've had a quick listen to your Wascha Mesa and I was really impressed. I've been rather busy at work and away on business so I'm catching up somewhat. I remember these pieces all too well from last year; not with any fondness!
I've recorded a very rough Wascha Mesa which I'll upload tonight and then hopefully spend some time listening to how it should be played....

Thanks

Stewart
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

Stewart Doyle

Postby Stewart Doyle » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Here is my Wascha Mesa, there are quite a few false notes ringing out a times, possibly some are due to forming a full C major chord when I shouldn't.
(John - your version brings out the lines much more clearly than mine, but in the second section, I'm not sure you have the dotted rhythm right (eg in m35 and m39 - at least I think it's there). Of course it's quite possible I've got the rhythm completely wrong :oops: Just one other thing, unless you've done it deliberately, you need to repeat exercise 109 four times, each time trying to bring out one of p,i,m,a whilst playing all of the notes of the chord at the same time.)

Wascha Mesa

Youtube

Thanks

Stewart
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:43 am

Well done Stewart! :bravo:
You have correctly kept the tempo of the 2nd part to match that of the first part (full measure in 2nd part lasts half of the time of a measure in 1st part). I think Loi played the 2nd part too fast (equal duration of 8th notes in both parts), and I agree that John had some rhythmic issue there, and I'm not sure if it was 3/8 signature anymore.

It's also my understanding that ex. 109 should be repeated four times, each time accenting with different finger.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Loiseng Kee

Postby Loiseng Kee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Stewart Doyle wrote:Hi Loiseng,

I can answer that one, John is referring to measure (or bar) 7 and 9. You'll notice the measures are numbered in the scores.

I've had a quick listen to your Wascha Mesa and I was really impressed. I've been rather busy at work and away on business so I'm catching up somewhat. I remember these pieces all too well from last year; not with any fondness!
I've recorded a very rough Wascha Mesa which I'll upload tonight and then hopefully spend some time listening to how it should be played....

Thanks

Stewart

Hi steward.
Thanks for ur reply n compliment. Ur rhythm is pretty steady, n i like ur guitar sound very much. May i know what guitar are u playing?

Håvard.Bergene

Postby Håvard.Bergene » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:48 pm

Catching up on comments...

Tim
Oudrid is well played. Good and accurate rhythm and notes. Only thing I noticed is was that the triplet in bar 29+37 was played to slow.

Chris
Good job. You played the Oudrid faster than last year. I recommend finding the spots where you hesitate, and play that section (include one bar before and after). A couple of spots to focus on: In the end of 1/16th note runs (bar 2, 4...) you seem to end with a 1/8th note. In bar 50 and 52 the rhythm is affected by the ornamentation. Try to play the 1/8th notes without ornaments, then try to keep the same rhythm with ornaments.

John
Good 1st part Wachsa Mesa... the second part had some rhythmic issues. Extra notes making some bars 4-5/8 not 3/8
The 2nd version of Oudrid is better than the first. And you have no problem playing it allegro ( :bravo: ). Although I think you should try to play it at a more even tempo. In the 1/16th note run (bar 2) it seems like you play the first and last note as 1/8th. Something similar happens in bar 10 and 18. The tempo was nice and even in the part i bar 26-38. In bar 55 you played 3 1/8th notes (not 3 1/4th)making the measure only half of its duration.

Loiseng
In Wachsa Mesa you play with good rhythm, but as Marko said maybe a bit to fast in the second part (I tapped 73 bpm for a dotted 1/4th note in the 2nd part while the 1st part was 63 bpm each 1/2 note)
The Oudrid was also good.
Good luck with the lesson 2 submission :-I

:bravo: to all:) :casque:
Alhambra 11P

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:53 am

Yep, I need to redo the Wachsa Mesa 2nd part to clear up some rhythmic issues and also correct the Polyphony, I did that one completely wrong :oops:
I should have watched Mr. Delcamp's video for the Polyphony exercise :idea:

Fresh videos should be available tomorrow, I have some social calendar items that have been re-shuffled this week allowing more practice before the holidays :)
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Loiseng Kee

Postby Loiseng Kee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:55 am

Hi Havard, thanks for ur advise. I will look into the rhythmic problems again.... like ur 11P very much oo... :o :P

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:20 pm

Wascha Mesa take #2 - Rhythmic issues addressed in part B :mrgreen:

Youtube

Polyphony take #2 - The exercise is performed in 4 passes with the same voice accented for all chords per pass versus a single pass with a different voice accented per chord :oops:

Youtube
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Håvard.Bergene

Postby Håvard.Bergene » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:18 am

:bravo: John. Wascha Mesa was much better this time :casque:. Watch out for the change in rhythm in bar 59. The bass line sounded like a dotted 1/8 G followed by 1/16 and 1/8 (like the rhythm in bar 27, 29, and similar). It was still nice though:-) Very good accenting in polyphonie :D
Alhambra 11P

Tim Wang

Postby Tim Wang » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Here's my Wascha Mesa:

Youtube

and my Polyphonie:

Youtube

Comments will follow up shortly! Sorry been busy these few days and haven't been able to properly listen to all of the videos!

Happy Thanksgiving to those in America :)

jean-michel bongiraud

Postby jean-michel bongiraud » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:49 pm

hello friends guitarists !
I listened with pleasure your recordings , it is almost perfect!
you're way ahead for the publication of songs to other guitarists forums !
it enriches to hear other voices ...
Congratulations to all and good luck for the next month !!
I am also a student of the French D05 forum !!!
Best regards
Jean Michel

hello amis guitaristes !
j'ai écouté vos enregistrements avec plaisir, c'est presque parfait !
vous êtes très en avance pour la publication des morceaux sur les guitaristes des autres forums !
cela enrichit d'entendre d'autres voix...
félicitations à tous et bon courage pour le prochain mois !!
je suis aussi élève de D05 sur le forum français !!!
cordialement
jean-michel

ChrisCapener

Postby ChrisCapener » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:48 am

Well Played John and Loiseng :bravo:

New lesson next week so I have to post where I've got too ! At this point last year I fell behind and never caught up so I'm determined to see it through this year.

Here are my latest efforts

Youtube

and

Youtube

Regards to all
Chris

ChrisCapener

Postby ChrisCapener » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:55 am

Also well played Stewart and Tim !!

I'm glad you managed to post your recordings they sound great, these are hard to play but you manage to sound accurate and fluid which is wonderful.

Hi Jean -Michel thanks for your visit and comments - best wishes to our friends in the French forum.

Giuseppe Gasparini

Postby Giuseppe Gasparini » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Hello to all the comrades, I apologize for the lack of presence, but I had a lot to do.
I listened to all of the pieces and I think they did a good job Congratulations :bravo: :bravo:

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube
:bye:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”