D01 Classical guitar lesson 05

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 05

Post by Zafar Haq » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi, Classmates,
Here is my study assignment " Cano-Curriella Leccion 1" video link.It is not smooth. I try to apply damping. :(

Youtube

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Moderator note - part 2 video merged with part 1 here

QuintinBulnes

Post by QuintinBulnes » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:58 am

Hello Zafar!

Your technique is very good even if you play slow, all notes sound very clear. In my opinion it is best to play slow at first as speed will become a natural thing once you develop more of your left-right hand coordination.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much on the damping, again, once your coordination gets better damping will become a more natural ability. Keep playing, it's nice to hear you and to see that you are making progress! Also, I couldn't hear anything on the second video "Exercises De Simple Alternation Part 2"; it was very low... Can you re-check that video please?

I hope to post soon all of my outstanding lessons soon!

Quintin.
"Si de noche lloras por el sol, no verás las estrellas."

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi, Quintin Bulnes.
Thanks,
Positive, encouraging comments.
I, checked audio level for my study assignment video "Exercises De Simple Alternations" part 1.It is audible. I can hear all notes.
Yes, I need more coordination and connection between the measures, for smooth playing. It was lacking last year. It is still lacking this year. I will continue to work for this shortcoming.

Cao Nguyen

Post by Cao Nguyen » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:27 pm

QuintinBulnes wrote: In my opinion it is best to play slow at first as speed will become a natural thing once you develop more of your left-right hand coordination.
Partially true, but not entire the story. Speed need to be trained as well, not physically but mentally. You may want to read this:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=101726
I was about to write the same thing but glad that someone who has the same experience did it first. I made a breakthrough in speed starting from lesson 4. The simple alternation exercises are excellent to practice speed bursts.
QuintinBulnes wrote: Also, I wouldn't worry too much on the damping, again, once your coordination gets better damping will become a more natural ability.
I remember someone of our classmates said he had difficulty in damping because he hadn't paid attention to it since start. It's hard to incorporate to playing later, so you'd better practice it well right now, when things are still simple. You should mentally figure out how it should be and how to do it before you actually do it, instead of just grab the guitar and let the fingers struggle. This applies to everything, not just damping.

Cao Nguyen

Post by Cao Nguyen » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi Zafar,

I think you may be better get a teacher for at least a couple of months, then you can continue going on your own. You will improve faster.

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi, Cao Nguyen,
Thanks,
Good advice.I have limitations regarding getting a teacher.Remain be on this forum, keep practicing,learning, discussing the subject and improving with the help of forum students,moderators,Mr.Delcamp videos.
Please check and let me know my study assignment "Exercises De alternation part 1" audio quality.

Cao Nguyen

Post by Cao Nguyen » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi Zafar,

All your videos are fine with the audio. I have no problem hearing them.

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:17 pm

QuintinBulnes wrote:Hello Zafar!

Your technique is very good even if you play slow, all notes sound very clear. In my opinion it is best to play slow at first as speed will become a natural thing once you develop more of your left-right hand coordination.

Salaam Zafar,

I would slow it down to the point where the damping is smooth. If need be practice the measures with damping one at a time. Set a goal to do it right one measure at a time. Accuracy and fingering are the biggest things I struggle with. My fingers want to be lazy and rake two adjacent strings with the same finger. It's an old habit I developed and need to break.

My speed and accuracy has improved with daily scales and exercises of at least a 1/2 hour (up from 15 minutes last year) before working on assignments and repertoire. I would like a way to involve damping into that same routine, but I'm not sure how. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Good to see you back Quintin. I thought you left us...

Sal

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:45 pm

Hi, Salvatore Lovinello,
Thanks,
I appreciate your advices.I like students to come forward,hold hand,support.I expect others to come forward and tell how,why, they improve.I'll read and care each of the advices given to me.

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi, Classmates,
Here is my study assignment video link.
Polyphony1

Youtube

Polyphony2

Youtube

Leccion 1

Youtube

Exercies De Simple Alternation

Youtube

:merci:

David Florea

Post by David Florea » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:52 pm

:bravo: very smooth delivery.
Last edited by David Florea on Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

David Florea

Post by David Florea » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Submissions for D01-L5
Polyphonie
Leccion I
Exercices de simple alternation

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Jonathan Lamb

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:22 pm

Dear classmates and invigilators,
Here is my submission for the D01 - Lesson 5
POLYPHONIE-POLYPHONY No 2.mp3
LECCION_1.mp3
Exercices de Simple Alternation 1.mp3
Exercices de Simple Alternation 2.mp3
I know these are both sketchy and posted last-minute... to be honest, I'm just happy to be on track with you, and improving somewhat, as I learn.
Here's wishing all readers a good continuation with progress and style this coming season!
Jonathan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Charles Ramcharan

Post by Charles Ramcharan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:27 pm

Good Job Classmates,

This lesson was very challenging for me.
These are my videos.
POLYPHONY 1

Youtube

POLYPHONY 2

Youtube

SIMPLE ALTERNATION1

Youtube

SIMPLE ALTERNATION 2

Youtube

LECCION 1

Youtube

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”