D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Angela Zhao » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:11 am

Zafar Haq wrote:Hi, Angela Zhao,
Well done.
Very pleasant.Very nice.
Good tempo,rhythm,melody.
Good video,audio,lighting posture.
Hi Zafar

Thank you encourage me!
your play the SLURS is also good. I play it wrong,and have to re-play it,then upload.
As Youtube for me is very duifficult to visit, so I have to waiting in good agent situation,then I can watch the video and upload.
Thank you! :merci:

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:49 am

Angela,

In the Carulli's piece there was a little bit movement on the right hand when plucking with "p", and the pinky on the left hand seems to be too straight which may touch and mute adjacent strings. Other than that very good performance.

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:21 am

Chu Bun wrote:Angela,

In the Carulli's piece there was a little bit movement on the right hand when plucking with "p", and the pinky on the left hand seems to be too straight which may touch and mute adjacent strings. Other than that very good performance.
Hello Chu Bun

Thank you mention it to me,I'll practice it again, try to do it correctly.
:merci:

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi, Angela Zhao,
very well done! Congrats!
How long did it take to learn each piece?

P.S. The "Slurs" video does not open, says "This video is private".
Cordoba C9

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:13 am

Andrei,

The Carulli's piece is pretty straight forward. It took me 2 days with around 1.5 hours each day, and about 10 takes. I went through the Carcassi's piece a few times, and it seems to be more difficult. Have you looked at the Carcassi's piece? How did the prof do the damping? With the fretting or plucking hand?

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:56 am

Chu Bun wrote:Andrei,

The Carulli's piece is pretty straight forward. It took me 2 days with around 1.5 hours each day, and about 10 takes. I went through the Carcassi's piece a few times, and it seems to be more difficult. Have you looked at the Carcassi's piece? How did the prof do the damping? With the fretting or plucking hand?
This lesson seems to be easier that the previous one, right? I have not started working on it yet, so did not watch the prof's videos closely.
Cordoba C9

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:23 am

Andrei Puhach wrote:
Chu Bun wrote:Andrei,

This lesson seems to be easier that the previous one, right? I have not started working on it yet, so did not watch the prof's videos closely.
Well, I watched the video a couple of times and to me it looks like for damping the plucking hand is used exclusively.

I tried the Carull's piece, it is not difficult indeed (but sounds beautiful, doesn't it?). The Carcassi's piece is incomparably more challenging :)
Cordoba C9

Alma Wistara

Post by Alma Wistara » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:10 am

Hi classmates, wow people start uploading videos already! I haven't got much time to practice but will try to do more by midweek. Also apologies not been able to watch Youtube. Wifi router not working currently and I'm trying to save mobile bandwith :|

Agree the Carcassi Sauteuse piece is much more difficult. It's like a piece just to practice damping techniques... I haven't watched Prof's videos but the last segment, the part after the Fine seems to be p-a-i-m all the way till near the end, planting all fingers at the beginning of each measure so i will damp the 3rd string.

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:24 am

Andrei Puhach wrote:Hi, Angela Zhao,
very well done! Congrats!
How long did it take to learn each piece?

P.S. The "Slurs" video does not open, says "This video is private".
Hi Andrei
Thank you!
Usually I play the guitar 1-2 hours every day, But not get more progress, it's still need practice the basic skill.
I change the slur to public, thank you! :merci:

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:51 am

Try to finish this month assignments before Chinese new year. The Andantino piece is simpler and I could experiment with dynamic and tempo. But I have a hard time with the dampings in the Sauteuse piece and had to fall back to my usual "robotic" style. By the way, anybody knows what that horizontal line in the second measure of the second section (measure 9 from the beginning) is?

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:23 pm

Hello all

I have uploaded a game. The game plays 4 random notes from C major (1, 2, 4, 5) and after a paus you are given the answer. Press play to play, the game is repeated until stop is pressed.

http://delcampshortcut.github.io/d02/
Never Mind the Bollocks

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Bert Stendahl wrote:Hello all

I have uploaded a game. The game plays 4 random notes from C major (1, 2, 4, 5) and after a paus you are given the answer. Press play to play, the game is repeated until stop is pressed.

Wow, that's nice! Is the source code available on Github?

I have some suggestions:
- play the first note before playing other notes. Otherwise it requires perfect pitch :)
- it would be also great to reveal answers by clicking a button
- please disable the "Play" button while it is playing, otherwise if you click it multiple times you get multiple voices
- are only 5 notes available?

And thanks for keeping all prof's videos accessible and organized :)
Cordoba C9

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Hi Chu Bun,

great clean work as usual, no negative comments. Nice dynamics and variations in Andantino!
As of the horizontal line my guess is that it denotes relation: C from the previous measure should be muted when you play D (rather then G).

P.S. Nice haircut!
Cordoba C9

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Thanks for trying.

- play the first note before playing other notes. Otherwise it requires perfect pitch :)
Or you can sit with the guitar and compare.
If you open the console you get some answers.
- please disable the "Play" button while it is playing, otherwise if you click it multiple times you get multiple voices
Some might want extra difficulty.
Actually only 4, easy start.
Andrei Puhach wrote:
Bert Stendahl wrote:Hello all

Wow, that's nice! Is the source code available on Github?

I have some suggestions:

And thanks for keeping all prof's videos accessible and organized :)
Never Mind the Bollocks

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Adrei,

Thank you for the comments and for noticing my new "do".
I'm just curious how you guys/gals handle the dampings in the 5th and 6th measures of the second section? Below is how I do it and the combi of (p) and (a) in the second measure caused me 10s of retakes. (plucking damping fingers are between parentheses).
excerpt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”