D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Edna Lopez
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Edna Lopez » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 pm

Andrei Puhach wrote:Hi Edna,

I also noticed great improvement!
Hi Andrei. Thx for watching. I had played one of the pieces before, and I like it, so that helped. However, this was the first time I tried to add dynamics, and it sounds way much nicer. I love the The video recordings of the professor, because We can see/hear how he does it....before I played by my own the notes just to get the sound of the nice melodies.

Like you, i cant keep with the tempo... I have still not gotten used to the ticking of metronomes and counting and playing is confusing...but as we progress I guess will have to do.
Edna Lopez

Chu Bun

Post by Chu Bun » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:25 am

Edna Lopez wrote:Chu, the sound of your videos is sharp...what equipment you use to record them? ( I use an ipad, but the sound is not as clear)...
Nothing special just a laptop with a built in Web cam and microphone. Try to place the microphone close to the sound board. You may want to try a external mic.

Nathanael Benassi

Post by Nathanael Benassi » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:29 am

Hi all I'm starting a new musical game in the same thread Zafar created. Anyone is welcome to please join. Rules are the same as explained earlier. Listen to my 1 measure of four notes, copy it and play a second measure, then I'll copy the first 2 measures and make a final measure to conclude the piece
-Nathan

Nathanael Benassi

Post by Nathanael Benassi » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:30 am

-Nathan

Nathanael Benassi

Post by Nathanael Benassi » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:28 am

Here are my submissionsubmissions for this month's pieces

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube
-Nathan

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:16 pm

My submissions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never Mind the Bollocks

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:46 pm

Nathanael Benassi wrote:Here are my submissionsubmissions for this month's pieces
Hi Nathanael, that's great work (all 3 videos)! There are very few minor mistakes, all notes are well articulated, good tempo.
I wonder what action your guitar has? Especially at the bass strings. Judging by occasional buzzing it must be pretty low, right (like 4mm)?.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:53 pm

This months submissions. Still trying to catch up, just about there so little bit raggy and no repeats in these 1st cuts.

LIAISONS - LEGATURE - SLURS – LIGADOS

Youtube

ANDANTINO

Youtube

SAUTEUSE opus 59

Youtube

Nathanael Benassi

Post by Nathanael Benassi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Thanks Andrei, I'm not sure what my action is set at but it does look to be pretty low its not a very high quality guitar what settings are recommended by you and other players here? I need to change my strings and might as well change settings if it will help my sound.
-Nathan

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:56 am

Nathanael Benassi wrote:Thanks Andrei, I'm not sure what my action is set at but it does look to be pretty low its not a very high quality guitar what settings are recommended by you and other players here? I need to change my strings and might as well change settings if it will help my sound.
Here is a thread about actions: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=64845#topic4
Copying it here:
4. What is the correct action for a classical guitar?

Normally 3mm at the first string (top E) and 4mm at the sixth string (bottom E). These figures can vary up or down slightly depending on the player, but not normally by more than 0.5mm.
The action is measured at the 12th fret, from the top of the fret, to the bottom of the string.

Action at the nut is measured by fretting at the third fret, so that the string is stretched between the second fret and the nut. Now measure the gap between the string and the first fret. This should be about 0.25mm for the bass E, 0.2mm for the A and the G strings, about 0.1mm (a piece of paper) for the D and B and less (almost 0.0) for the top E string.
Personally, I never measured actions on my guitars, just made sure it does not buzz and is not difficult to play.

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:06 am

Colin Bullock wrote:This months submissions. Still trying to catch up, just about there so little bit raggy and no repeats in these 1st cuts.
Hi Colin, I watched your submissions, looks good to me.
1. I liked your slurs! Quite even tempo and loudness. The most difficult part here is to produce the sound with your left finger as similar as possible to the sound produced by plucking with your right finger. You did it great!
2. Andantino. There are some minor mistakes but in general thats good work. Would be great to see repeats.
3. Sauteuse. Same thing here :)

Jose Ramon Martinez

Post by Jose Ramon Martinez » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:23 am

Hello classmates:
Here are my submissions for lesson 06. Some mistakes here and there... unfortunately I have not had enough time for practicing these last couple of months.

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:02 am

Jose Ramon Martinez wrote:Hello classmates:
Here are my submissions for lesson 06. Some mistakes here and there... unfortunately I have not had enough time for practicing these last couple of months.

Hi Jose
These are good and very confidently performed. Very musical. Wish I could do so well with little practice :(
Only down comment is have a look at the 3rd bar from the end, you seem to be consistently playing a D# in the bass rather than E. Or is it my imagination?

Jose Ramon Martinez

Post by Jose Ramon Martinez » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:06 am

Colin Bullock wrote:
Jose Ramon Martinez wrote:Hello classmates:

Hi Jose
These are good and very confidently performed. Very musical. Wish I could do so well with little practice :(
Only down comment is have a look at the 3rd bar from the end, you seem to be consistently playing a D# in the bass rather than E. Or is it my imagination?

Hello Colin! Thank you for watching and for your comments, I appreciate it.
Could you please let me know which piece you're referring to so I can take a look at my playing and confirm if I'm playing the wrong note?

I have been watching you videos, and I think you're doing pretty good and I'm sure will make it to the final exam in "good shape".

Thanks.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Jose Ramon Martinez wrote: Hello Colin! Thank you for watching and for your comments, I appreciate it.
Could you please let me know which piece you're referring to so I can take a look at my playing and confirm if I'm playing the wrong note?
Sorry, it was the Andantino, 3rd bar from end D# which I think should be E.

Thanks for comments, I'm hoping I will get enough time to practice and polish the exam piece. Not long now!!

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”