D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Andrei Puhach » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:49 am

Colin Bullock wrote:This month's submissions. Not perfect but I have time to practice before the exam.
Hi Colin,
Slurs: nothing to complain about, A+
Improvisation: very interesting! Gets more dynamic after 20s. No repetitions, which is good!
Menuet: solid work, there are some minor hiccups at difficult measures, but all notes are there. Congrats with getting it done!
La Tarentela: jumping from Am to G can be easier: you only need to fret the treble E string, no need to fret A and bass E strings. Second, the C to D transition should be played as shown below (the red arrows mean the finger goes down twice)
Image
Cordoba C9

Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 621
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:54 am

Andrei Puhach wrote: La Tarentela: jumping from Am to G can be easier: you only need to fret the treble E string, no need to fret A and bass E strings. Second, the C to D transition should be played as shown below (the red arrows mean the finger goes down twice)
Thanks Andrei
Both these are ingrained strumming habits!
Good point about the G, why make life harder than it is?
Took me a while to break the strumming habit on the C-D transition, thought I had it nailed but get in front of the camera and it all falls apart. Another one for my worth practicing list.

User avatar
Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Nantong Jiangsu Province China

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Angela Zhao » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi Angela, more observations (in addition to Chu's):
1. Slurs: I think it is very important to control the duration of every note and follow the meter in this exercise.
2. Menuet: wow, there are extra ornamentations not specified in the scores :)[/
Hi Andrei Puhach

Thank you watch my video.
I still need more practice. Yes,Slurs is very important to control the duration of every note and follow the meter,it's not easy to keep every note duration.
Meunet: I just try to follow the teacher's demo.the first time, I paly it as the score, the second time, I add some notes in, I don't know whether it is ok.
Thank you very much!

Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Andrei Puhach » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Angela Zhao wrote:
Hi Angela, more observations (in addition to Chu's):
1. Slurs: I think it is very important to control the duration of every note and follow the meter in this exercise.
2. Menuet: wow, there are extra ornamentations not specified in the scores :)
Hi Andrei Puhach

Thank you watch my video.
I still need more practice. Yes,Slurs is very important to control the duration of every note and follow the meter,it's not easy to keep every note duration.
Meunet: I just try to follow the teacher's demo.the first time, I paly it as the score, the second time, I add some notes in, I don't know whether it is ok.
Thank you very much!
Oh, sure, I think this is much better to take a challenge to play a more advanced version :)
Cordoba C9

User avatar
Bert Stendahl
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:35 am
Location: Sweden

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Bert Stendahl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Correct, I totally missed the last chord change.
Andrei Puhach wrote:
Bert Stendahl wrote:Short one :mrgreen:
Hi Bert, your Tarentela is fast, but the last chords are wrong: you keep playing E in the last measure, but it should be Am. Also, the Dm and E measures do not seem to follow the required rhythmic pattern (but I might be wrong).
Never Mind the Bollocks

Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Andrei Puhach » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Here are my submissions 2, 3 of 4:
SLURS

Youtube


Improvise using only 6 notes (D E G A B C) for 20'

Youtube
Cordoba C9

Edna Lopez
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:40 am

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Edna Lopez » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:28 pm

My best so far...Some buzzing... In La Tarantela, couldnt move the thumb from 6th to the 5th string... When ever I tried, I involuntarily pull it, making it sound very loudly...solution: left the thumb parked on the 6th string.
Thanks for watching and commenting.

Youtube


Youtube


Youtube


Youtube
Edna Lopez

Edna Lopez
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:40 am

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Edna Lopez » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Andrei,
Cool improv :bravo:
Edna Lopez

Edna Lopez
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:40 am

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Edna Lopez » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:07 pm

Colin,
Tarantela rhythm sounds fine to me...just takes hundreds of repetitions to get it up to speed :)
Edna Lopez

Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Andrei Puhach » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:40 am

Edna Lopez wrote:My best so far...Some buzzing... In La Tarantela, couldnt move the thumb from 6th to the 5th string... When ever I tried, I involuntarily pull it, making it sound very loudly...solution: left the thumb parked on the 6th string.
Thanks for watching and commenting.
Hi Edna, great work overall! I especially liked Menuet. Have only 2 comments:
1. Slurs: the rhythm is a bit wrong. Sometimes it sounded like if 1st and 3rd notes were grace notes (musical ornament).
2. La Tarentela: the last chord should be Am, not C :) Otherwise it is good!
Cordoba C9

User avatar
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Missisuga,Toronto,Canada

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Zafar Haq » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi, Classmates,
D02 Exam piece is released.
page 61 José FERRER Y ESTEVE (1835-1916) EJERCICIO N°6
Information here. :)
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023&start=330
Good luck to all.

Well done to all those who
already submitted this month study assignments.

Andrei Puhach
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Andrei Puhach » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Zafar Haq wrote:Hi, Classmates,
D02 Exam piece is released.
page 61 José FERRER Y ESTEVE (1835-1916) EJERCICIO N°6
Information here. :)
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023&start=330
Good luck to all.

Well done to all those who
already submitted this month study assignments.
Thank you, Zafar, for keeping us up to date! Really appreciate it.

An interesting thing is that we'll need to talk in the recording:
Introduce yourself at the beginning of your recording by giving your first name and surname.
Cordoba C9

User avatar
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Missisuga,Toronto,Canada

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Zafar Haq » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi, Andrei Puhach,
No, problem,
Thanks to you and your spirit to convey your good thoughts, analysis and sense of participation.
Yes, we are going to introduce ourself live in the same sitting when we are recording our piece together, the following text.

"Hello everyone,
My name is Andrei Puhach.............. ............,
I have followed Jean-François Delcamp's online lessons on the English-language forum.
I declare that I have posted on the English-language forum the recordings required for 7 of the lessons at the level D02 for which I am submitting my entry today year 2016.
Here is my recording, made without any artificial effects or editing, of the required piece for the year-end exam."

Mr.Delcamp talk about this piece and advice and gives tips.
"Play the melody in the bass with as much legato as possible (without breaks between the notes). Damp the notes of the accompaniment, by placing your fingers on the strings, where indicated by the rests. Try out other fingerings if, in bar 7, you find the indicated fingering difficult for playing the C# and the G. I recommend that you experiment first with the various possible fingerings, (fingers 1 and 2) (fingers 1 and 3) (fingers 1 and 4) (fingers 2 and 3) (fingers 2 and 4) (fingers 3 and 4) until you finally settle on the one that allows you to obtain the best result.
"
LEGATO:
Joined (i.e. smoothly, in a connected manner) (see also articulation) wiki
If some one like to talk about this piece and legato articulation technique.

User avatar
Marko Räsänen
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3499
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:56 am
Location: Finland

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Marko Räsänen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Zafar Haq wrote:Yes, we are going to introduce ourself live in the same sitting when we are recording our piece together, the following text.

"Hello everyone,
My name is Andrei Puhach.............. ............,
I have followed Jean-François Delcamp's online lessons on the English-language forum.
I declare that I have posted on the English-language forum the recordings required for 7 of the lessons at the level D02 for which I am submitting my entry today year 2016.
Here is my recording, made without any artificial effects or editing, of the required piece for the year-end exam."
The text needs to be submitted as written in the post with your exam recording, but in the actual recording it is enough just to state your name before you start playing the piece.

As it says in the exam topic:
Your recording can be audio or video. If you post an audio recording, attach a photograph as proof of your identity. If you post a video, make sure that your face is visible at some point. Introduce yourself at the beginning of your recording by giving your first name and surname.
Furthermore, the declaration doesn't say "D02", nor "year 2016". There is no need to add anything extra to the declaration template given by M. Delcamp. Just replace the dots by your name.

Here is the actual template:

Hello everyone,
my name is ............... ............,
I have followed Jean-François Delcamp's online lessons on the English-language forum.
I declare that I have posted on the English-language forum the recordings required for 7 of the lessons at the level for which I am submitting my entry today.
Here is my recording, made without any artificial effects or editing, of the required piece for the year-end exam.


And after that you attach your recording, or in case of a youtube recording, place the youtube video identifier in-between the youtube tags in the same way you do here at the lessons.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

User avatar
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Missisuga,Toronto,Canada

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Zafar Haq » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Hi, Marko,
Well explained.
Andrei,it is now much easier, just introduce yourself saying your name only and start recording your exam piece.
I'll not change or modify the text template as Marko indicated.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”