D05 Classical guitar lesson 08

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Håvard.Bergene

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 08

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Wed May 11, 2016 10:15 am

Good job Eric, Loiseng, John and Michele.

Here are my submissions for this lesson:

Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) Prelude BWV 1007

Youtube

Francisco Tàrrega (1852-1909) Estudio en mi mayor

Youtube

Extra: Zequinha de Abreu (1880-1935) Amando sobre o mar (failed miserably in the ending)

Youtube
Alhambra 11P

Michele Franceschini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Michele Franceschini » Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Håvard,

You did a great job, especially with the prelude, it came out really nice. I have a couple of suggestions: first is the right hand posture: from the video it looks like the fingers are in line with the hand, whereas a more relaxed position would have the fingers more straight (but not straight) and fingers and hand make more of an L shape than a J shape if you will. To achieve that position you will have to push the forearm a bit further and get the hand slightly farther from the strings. This helps relaxing the muscles as well as achieving a softer tone (very arched fingers pull the strings "away" from the guitar and make for a raspier metallic sound)
Second, by listening the elude I can tell that the left hand and arm are a bit tense, which may be due to the execution speed. It is especially beneficial to exercise with a much slower tempo to teach our muscles to relax.

Congrats on the wonderful play!

Satyajit Kadle
Student of the online lessons

Post by Satyajit Kadle » Thu May 12, 2016 10:33 am

Well done everyone! Some of my favorite pieces but I shall visit them after the exams :)

Speaking of which, wish you all good luck and happy practicing the Sor piece!

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sat May 14, 2016 1:02 am

Eric - thanks for the helpful feedback and observations. I've been playing the Bach prelude a bit slower in practice sessions, it does sound sweeter. I need to work on the Tarrega scale study a bit more.

Loiseng - the Bach piece has gotten better, nice job. I may try and upload a better version before the exams.

Michele - I like the tempo/pace of the Bach prelude, nice work on the lesson submissions

Havard - Welcome back, great to have you participating in the exams.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Nitin Nepali

Post by Nitin Nepali » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:52 am

Truly all these videos will really help any serious classical guitar player be a good player.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”