2016 Exam Discussion

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
John Montes

2016 Exam Discussion

Post by John Montes » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:57 am

Greetings, students of the online lessons!

The 2016 exam period is approaching, if you're taking the exam for the first time, the process can feel a bit overwhelming. The key is not to leave things until the last minute, but to start preparing early, and that doesn't mean just the actual practicing of the exam piece.

We've started this thread to catalog and link to any useful information regarding the exams to help make the process smoother for you. We'll update this page as new information becomes available, such as exam pieces, possible changes to time table etc.

Please check here often. We will also post notices on the relevant class level current lesson threads when we update this post. You may also post any questions you have regarding the exams in this thread, and they will be answered.

The first thing to do is to read the "Exam section" of the FAQ for lessons which covers the following questions and details about what to do and how to do it.
- How is the final exam conducted and what exactly is tested?
- How do I join the Spanish forum in order to sit the end of year exam?
- I did the exam last year. Do I need to re-register to do this year's exam?
- What is the benefit of the exam? Is it just to give you a way to gauge your own progress?

Then second thing to do is start the process of joining the Spanish forum and joining the 002 usergroup ("002 mensajes colocados") in that forum, as detailed in the FAQ for lessons-Exam section. Don't forget to post the 2 message minimum, and allow up to two days for the Spanish moderators to fully enable your account so that you begin to see your forum postings.

The third thing to do is periodically check the Qualification for 2016 exams page to see which lessons you have been credited or are missing. When you reach exam qualification status you will notice blue text indicating "Qualifies for exam". If you think the listings may have an error or discrepancy please reach out to the Lesson Moderator team (D01, D05 John Montes) (D02, D03, D04 CarlWestman) (Marko Räsänen).

Please allow 1-2 days after posting a lesson submission so that moderators are allowed enough time to review and give credit for submissions.

Fourth, please make sure you are listed as "Qualifies for exam" in blue text in this forum before requesting access to the students group and registering to participate in the final exam in the Spanish forums English mini-forum--as detailed in the FAQ's for lessons. Allow up to two days for the Spanish moderators to acknowledge your request and add you to the student group and officially registering you for the exam in the Spanish forum.

Finally, after completing previously mentioned steps, periodically check this page for updates on which pieces have been selected for the exam for each level (D01, D02, D0X...), more details for submitting the final exam piece, and when to post exam submissions.

Best of luck -- The Lesson Moderator Team

2016 Exam Dates
First-year final exam 12, 13, 14 May
Second-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May
Third-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May
Fourth-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May
Fifth-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May

D01 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the top post of the linked thread carefully.
The exam piece is D01 Anonyme : Volte, p. 45
Professor Delcamp's rendition of the piece can be found here. The piece is part of lesson 9.
D01 Exam Results :bravo:
D01 Exam Diplomas

D02 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the top post of the linked thread carefully.
The exam piece is D02 José Ferrer Y Esteve : Ejercicio n°6, p. 61
Professor Delcamp's rendition of the piece can be found here. The piece is part of lesson 9.
D02 Exam Results :bravo:
D02 Exam Diplomas

D03 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the top post of the linked thread carefully.
The exam piece is D03 Page 57 - Niccolò Paganini : Ghiribizzo n°23
Professor Delcamp's rendition of the piece can be found here. The piece is part of lesson 7.
D03 Exam Results :bravo:
D03 Exam Diplomas

D04 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the top post of the linked thread carefully.
The exam piece is D04 - Anonyme : Mi Favorita - p. 96, 97
Professor Delcamp's rendition of the piece can be found here. The piece is part of lesson 8.
D04 Exam Results :bravo:
D04 Exam Diplomas

D05 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the top post of the linked thread carefully.
The exam piece is D05 Fernando Sor : Exercice opus 35 N°8, p. 58, 59
Professor Delcamp's rendition of the piece can be found here. The piece is part of lesson 1.
D05 Exam Results :bravo:
D05 Exam Diplomas
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Eva Pakaki
Student of the online lessons

Re: 2016 Exam Discussion

Post by Eva Pakaki » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Hello everyone!

On Thursday I will post and the 7th lesson, so I believe I will be able to particpate to the exam.
For more details about the exam piece etc, should I see at the Spanish forum?

Thank you in advance

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Eva Pakaki wrote:For more details about the exam piece etc, should I see at the Spanish forum?
You can do that, but the moderators will make the announcement here in this topic too as soon as we know. The exam piece is announced approximately 4 weeks before the exam date, so in the case of D03 the information should be available in the beginning of May.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello Moderator

As you metioned the fourth step,how do I know "the Spanish moderators acknowledge my request and add meto the student group and officially registering me for the exam in the Spanish forum" .I just saw I have been added to the group 002. but I don't know the Spanish moderators officially registering me for the exam.What I need to do? I can't read spanish.

Thank you give me instruction.

Regards

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:57 pm

Angela Zhao wrote:Hello Moderator

As you metioned the fourth step,how do I know "the Spanish moderators acknowledge my request and add meto the student group and officially registering me for the exam in the Spanish forum" .I just saw I have been added to the group 002. but I don't know the Spanish moderators officially registering me for the exam.What I need to do? I can't read spanish.

Thank you give me instruction.

Regards
In the Spanish forum's international-english mini-forum there is a topic thread called "Register here for the Year-end Exams", you can post the request to register for the exam in that thread.

The forum navigation bread-crumbs will be: Board index < Guitarra clásica < International < English
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:20 am

In the Spanish forum's international-english mini-forum there is a topic thread called "Register here for the Year-end Exams", you can post the request to register for the exam in that thread.

The forum navigation bread-crumbs will be: Board index < Guitarra clásica < International < English
Hello Moderator

I have registered there 6 days before,but no reply.
I just waiting ok?

Thanks

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:52 am

We can check-in with the moderator team in the spanish forum.
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:04 pm

We're still checking with the spanish forum moderator team about the exam registrations, should have an update soon.
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic

Post by Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Hello Moderator.
I have problems with registration for the exam.It appears that someone else is using my password. I think that I made some mystake in process of registration.
Thanks.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi Teodora,

You appear to have an account successfully created on the Spanish forum, at least you are listed there as a member. Are you able to log in there and post a message in the English subforum?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Post by Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello Geoff,
I can not log in and post in English subforum. Program is keep retourning me to register again.
Thanks for helping me.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:36 pm

I suspect you may be clicking on the "Registrarse" link or button at some point, which is trying to register you again.

You should instead be starting by clicking on the word "Identificarse", which will take you to this page. Enter your username in the first box there, and your password in the second, and then click on the "Identificarse" button just below them (NOT on the "Registrarse" button lower down).

Let me know if that does it.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Post by Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:27 am

Hello Geoff,
you were right about me doing all the wrong things. I successfuly send my register request with your help.
Thanks again.
Teodora

Andrei Puhach

Post by Andrei Puhach » Wed May 04, 2016 3:19 am

John Montes wrote:We're still checking with the spanish forum moderator team about the exam registrations, should have an update soon.
Any updates from the spanish forum moderator team? It is still not clear whether our exam register requests here http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/v ... 45&t=16587 were acknowledged...
Cordoba C9

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Wed May 04, 2016 9:42 am

Andrei, I think your request may have been overlooked. Could you post a new request for exam registration in that thread?
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”