2017 Exam Discussion

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
John Montes

2017 Exam Discussion

Post by John Montes » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 pm

Greetings, students of the online lessons!

The 2017 exam period is approaching, if you're taking the exam for the first time, the process can feel a bit overwhelming. The key is not to leave things until the last minute, but to start preparing early, and that doesn't mean just the actual practicing of the exam piece.

We've started this thread to catalog and link to any useful information regarding the exams to help make the process smoother for you. We'll update this page as new information becomes available, such as exam pieces, possible changes to time table etc.

Please check here often. We will also post notices on the relevant class level current lesson threads when we update this post. You may also post any questions you have regarding the exams in this thread, and they will be answered.

The first thing to do is to read the "Exam section" of the FAQ for lessons which covers the following questions and details about what to do and how to do it.
- How is the final exam conducted and what exactly is tested?
- How do I join the Spanish forum in order to sit the end of year exam?
- I did the exam last year. Do I need to re-register to do this year's exam?
- What is the benefit of the exam? Is it just to give you a way to gauge your own progress?

Then second thing to do is start the process of joining the Spanish forum as detailed in the FAQ for lessons-Exam section. Don't forget to post the 2 message minimum, and allow up to two days for the Spanish moderators to fully enable your account so that you begin to see your forum postings.

The third thing to do is periodically check the Qualification for 2017 exams page to see which lessons you have been credited or are missing. When you reach exam qualification status you will notice blue text indicating "Qualifies for exam". If you think the listings may have an error or discrepancy please reach out to the Lesson Moderator team (D01, D05 John Montes) (D02, D03, D04 Colin Bullock
) (Marko Räsänen).

Please allow 1-2 days after posting a lesson submission so that moderators are allowed enough time to review and give credit for submissions.

Fourth, please make sure you are listed as "Qualifies for exam" in blue text in this forum before requesting access to the students group and registering to participate in the final exam in the Spanish forums English mini-forum--as detailed in the FAQ's for lessons. Allow up to two days for the Spanish moderators to acknowledge your request and add you to the student group and officially registering you for the exam in the Spanish forum.

Finally, after completing previously mentioned steps, periodically check this page for updates on which pieces have been selected for the exam for each level (D01, D02, D0X...), more details for submitting the final exam piece, and when to post exam submissions.

Best of luck -- The Lesson Moderator Team

2017 Exam Dates
First-year final exam 12, 13, 14 May
Second-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May
Third-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May
Fourth-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May
Fifth-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May

D01 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the linked thread.
The exam piece is D01 Johann Abraham Peter Schulz : Air, p. 46
D01 Exam Results :bravo:
D01 Exam Diplomas

D02 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the linked thread.
The exam piece is D02 Anonyme : A Canoa Virou, p. 63
D02 Exam Results :bravo:
D02 Exam Diplomas

D03 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the linked thread.
The exam piece is D03 Ferdinand Carulli - Valse en mi mineur, p. 42, 43
D03 Exam Results :bravo:
D03 Exam Diplomas

D04 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the linked thread.
The exam piece is D04 Julio Salvador Sagreras: Maria Luisa, Mazurka opus 19, p. 94, 95
D04 Exam Results :bravo:
D04 Exam Diplomas

D05 Exam thread at the Spanish forum. Please read the instructions for the exam in the linked thread.
The exam piece is D05 João Guimarães Pernambuco : Sons de Carillhões, p. 114, 115
D05 Exam Results :bravo:
D05 Exam Diplomas
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons

Re: 2017 Exam Discussion

Post by Angela Zhao » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 am

Hello John

I have registered in Spanish forum last year, it still has active.and also qualified for the D04 and D05 exam.
How do I apply for the exam test? or just waiting for the forum open entry?

Thank you very much!
:merci:

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Angela Zhao wrote:Hello John

:merci:
Hi Angela, if your account is still currently active on the spanish forum then you only need to keep the account active and post intent to participate in the final after reaching qualification status here Register for Final Exam - (Spanish Forum)
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Ed Butler

Post by Ed Butler » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:07 pm

John - when I go to register for the DO3 exam it asks for my username and password. I enter Ed Butler. It then says my user name is invalid. Am I doing something wrong?

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Ed Butler wrote:John - when I go to register for the DO3 exam it asks for my username and password. I enter Ed Butler. It then says my user name is invalid. Am I doing something wrong?
Is your spanish forum account name the same as your english forum account or different?

The various forums do not use 1 common user-acct database, each has its own, if you do not yet have a Spanish forum account you can register.
If you had a previous account and it became inactive and purged, then it will require re-registering for an account :-)

I could not find any account with the name '*butler*' in the spanish forum user list
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Ed Butler

Post by Ed Butler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:17 pm

John - I registered with the Spanish forum 2 days ago. It said that I would receive an activation email. I have not received that email. Is there someone I can check with as to why?

Ed Butler

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Ed Butler wrote: Ed Butler
Hi Ed,
I'll send you a private message with some other questions to see if we can help track this down on the spanish forum.

In the meantime can you check in any junk or spam folders that your email provider may have just in case some kind of email filtering is placing spanish forum emails into those folders.
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Georgi Chernishov

Post by Georgi Chernishov » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 pm

I must be doing something wrong. I got registered at the Spanish forum, introduced myself, wrote two more messages and applied for joining 020 mensajes group. First I can see my request as pending. Then the name ща the group is in its usual place and I an not in the group. Could you please advise what I should do?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi Georgi, the 020 group is for members who have posted at least 20 messages, so you don't qualify and you don't need it either. What you're probably thinking of is the old 002 group, and that no longer exists. As long as you've had 2 messages approved on the Spanish forum, you should be able to upload your recording when the time comes, though to enter you will also need to register for the exam there, which you do by posting a request in this topic.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Georgi Chernishov wrote:
Hi Georgi, please view the updates at this link
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:51 pm

D01 exam piece is announced, thread #1 in this discussion area has a hyperlink to the exam announcement, scroll down on that page to find the English translation
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Georgi Chernishov

Post by Georgi Chernishov » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 am

GeoffB wrote:Hi Georgi, the 020 group is for members who have posted at least 20 messages, so you don't qualify and you don't need it either. What you're probably thinking of is the old 002 group, and that no longer exists. As long as you've had 2 messages approved on the Spanish forum, you should be able to upload your recording when the time comes, though to enter you will also need to register for the exam there, which you do by posting a request in this topic.

Geoff
Geoff, thank you for the clarification!

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:57 pm

D02 & D05 exam pieces are announced, thread #1 in this discussion area has hyperlinks to the exam announcement on the Spanish forum, scroll down on that page to find the English translation
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:39 am

D03 & D04 exam pieces are announced, thread #1 in this discussion area has hyperlinks to the exam announcement on the Spanish forum, scroll down on that page to find the English translation
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Rachid Merabet

Post by Rachid Merabet » Fri May 12, 2017 8:08 am

Hello,

Good luck to everyone :guitare: :casque: :bye:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”