Exam qualification index

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Robert Goodwin

Exam qualification index

Post by Robert Goodwin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:45 am

Hi students of the online lessons,

In the next few weeks I will be generating lists of the students who have participated in each lesson. The lists will be added to the first post in each lesson. The purpose of the lists is to show at a glance that a student has posted the required submissions to be eligible to take the exam. This list follows the practice already in use on the Italian forum.

I will be starting with the earliest lessons first. As indexes are added you will find them in the first post of each lesson. The index lists will be periodically updated but they are significant only as we approach exam time so there may be times when the list is not completely current.

Please use this thread to post any concerns or suggestions. Since this is a new feature, there may be unanticipated bumps to deal with.

Best regards and best success with your classical guitar studies.

Bob G.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Exam qualification index

Post by GeoffB » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks, Bob, for agreeing to put in the necessary time and effort to carry out this very useful task.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Mark_Steed

Post by Mark_Steed » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Great stuff Bob - now do we need to post both 1st week and 4th week submissions for all lessons to be eligible to be examined?

:merci:

Goran Penic
Student of the online lessons

Post by Goran Penic » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Is that something like this?
:bye:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Robert Goodwin

Post by Robert Goodwin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Mark_Steed wrote:Great stuff Bob - now do we need to post both 1st week and 4th week submissions for all lessons to be eligible to be examined?

:merci:
Geoff and Mark;
Thanks. :merci:

@Mark;
The short answer; no. However, you do need to fully participate in each lesson. That means you need to submit all of the required assignments at least once. I've listed the required assignments at the top of each index. I will periodically update the indexes from time to time as students fill in the missing blanks.

Last year's exams (2010-2011) took place between the time lesson #9 and lesson #10 were published. To qualify, you needed to have fully participated in at least seven of the lessons for the class you wanted to take an exam (D01-D03). I don't know if qualifying will change this year but you might want to prepare ahead of time by catching up on any missed assignments.

Robert Goodwin

Post by Robert Goodwin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Goran,
It looks like we posted at the same time so I missed answering your question in my last post.
Goran Penic wrote:Is that something like this?
I followed the index layout already in use on the Italian forum but, yes, it is the same general idea. Unfortunately, we do not have the second post in each of the earlier lessons reserved for an index and so I am adding the lists to the first post of each lesson this year. It seems to be working out ok so far. It will still take some time to get caught up with older lessons as we are just starting to do this now.

Best regards,
Bob G.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Goran,
As Bob said, it's a very similar idea, though listing the pieces by student, rather than the other way around, will make it a bit easier to see at a glance whether any student has missed a required piece.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Bob and Geoff,I agree with you, and I think that's great.
:merci: both for your effort.

Robert Goodwin

Post by Robert Goodwin » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,

As of this morning, There are student lists in all of the current lessons. You can find them at the end of the first post in each lesson. If you have corrections or a question, you can post a reply here or contact me by PM.

Best of success with your studies.

Bob G.

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

:merci: Bob.
I hope that I can now add those lessons that are missing in my posts. :oops:

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 am

Hi Bob,

Please add Folias improvisation for me in D03L07, and musical game for Richard Lawrence for the same lesson. :merci: very much!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Robert Goodwin

Post by Robert Goodwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 am

Marko Räsänen wrote:Hi Bob,

Please add Folias improvisation for me in D03L07, and musical game for Richard Lawrence for the same lesson. :merci: very much!
Done.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”