Students' Corner

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Shelby Brown

Re: Students' Corner

Post by Shelby Brown » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:59 pm

:merci: for submitting and :bravo: !!!!

Shelby

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:01 pm

I enjoyed very much your concert Havard! Every year you play with more ease and confidence than ever. Beautiful selection of pieces too! Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

EricKatz

Post by EricKatz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Hello Havard,

How nice to see what you've been doing during the summer! Progress goes on and on, as it seems. :bravo: Just like you I've been studying already some pieces of D06. And I played through all the Sor and Tarrega stuff from D04, D05 and D06. So I knew Tarrega's Chopin arrangement and was wondering what would happen at the first beat of bar 13. :D No problem though! I enjoyed listening.
We can count the days now untill the start of D06 :bye:

Håvard.Bergene

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 am

:merci: for your encouraging comments Marko,Shelby, Bea and Eric. Looking forward to new lessons :discussion:
Alhambra 11P

Goran Penic
Student of the online lessons

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:08 am

Very nice Håvard. :bravo:
:bye:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Goran Penic
Student of the online lessons

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:14 am

I made a new version of Brescianello and I hope it's better

Youtube

:merci: for watching. :bye:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Martin Adrian

Post by Martin Adrian » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:15 am

when will the new sessions start? thanks... :D

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Martin Adrian wrote:when will the new sessions start? thanks... :D
The exact date is not known to me yet. Last year the lessons started on 10th of September, and I can only assume that the timetable will be similar this year. We'll probably know more in a week or two.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:41 am

Bravo Goran, in this new version is you played more fluidly, especially on the second part. On your first video it was at a slower pace as if you were learning, but on this new video it is as if you were performing.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:39 am

I very much agree with Bea. This recording is played with both more confidence and finesse! Good work, Goran :bravo:
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Håvard.Bergene

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:17 am

:bravo: Goran. I really enjoyed it. :casque: I think it would be well received if you decided to post it in the Our recordings of Early music section of the forum. One suggestion I have for improvement is that you get even more confident on the triplets (bar 3, and 19) in the Entree. I think you are a tiny bit too slow there. Try to practice those sections at a slightly (increasingly) faster tempo.
Alhambra 11P

Thomas Drummond
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada; In a room somewhere, with his guitar.

Post by Thomas Drummond » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Downloaded D01-01 and i cant read it, is there english versions of these PDF files?
my axes.
Cordoba C7
Epiphone les paul std gold top 2015
Yamaha FX370C
And my first guitar.. the one that started it all:
Fender bullet-strat 2007 - modified fully into MIM strat in 2014.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:06 pm

samljer wrote:Downloaded D01-01 and i cant read it, is there english versions of these PDF files?
Did you scroll down a bit, samljer? All of the texts are in four different languages, including English.

Regards,

Alan

Thomas Drummond
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada; In a room somewhere, with his guitar.

Post by Thomas Drummond » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:33 am

Tarbaby wrote:
samljer wrote:Downloaded D01-01 and i cant read it, is there english versions of these PDF files?
Did you scroll down a bit, samljer? All of the texts are in four different languages, including English.

Regards,

Alan
Wow, didnt even do that, just assumed it was all french, thanks for the heads up.
my axes.
Cordoba C7
Epiphone les paul std gold top 2015
Yamaha FX370C
And my first guitar.. the one that started it all:
Fender bullet-strat 2007 - modified fully into MIM strat in 2014.

Timo N.

Post by Timo N. » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I have a short question regarding the courses (I'm also not sure if this is the right thread for those kind of questions, correct me if I'm wrong):

If I were to take part this year I'd somehow need to get my hands on a classical guitar since I only own a steel-string one.
Buying one is out of the question at the moment, I could afford a cheap one but I'd have to replace that one anyways sooner or later.
Renting a guitar would amount to the same thing: I'd spend a couple hundred bucks on something thats not a permanent solution anyways.
It would be much more comfortable if I could practice with my steel string guitar and then invest in a more sophisticated nylon when I'm sure I'll really stick to playing CG AND I actually have the ressources to buy one.

So, has anybody here made the transition from steel-string to nylon? Would I encounter a lot of technical problems when switching guitars or is it more or less just a matter of easy readjustment?

Also: I've never recorded anything before, how much would I approximately need to spend on equipment for decent audio quality?

:merci: in advance

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”