2014 exams

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Robert Goodwin

2014 exams

Postby Robert Goodwin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Hi everyone.

Announcements for the 2014 exams have begun. I will try to stay current with events and post them here. Also any questions you have regarding the exam process can be posted here.

You will find the announcement on the Spanish forum in the online-student forum. The text is in several languages and you will need to scroll down the message to find the English version.

The D01 exam requirements have been posted on the Spanish forum and can be found HERE

Now is a good time to make sure you have the minimum submissions completed to qualify for the exam.

I wish you all success with your exam.

Best regards,
Bob G.

Note: Make sure you register on the Spanish forum and also apply to join their Students group several days before the exam date. See instructions here.

George Karpenkov
Student of the online lessons

Re: 2014 exams

Postby George Karpenkov » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:57 pm

When is the deadline before which one needs to complete the minimum submissions for D03?

Robert Goodwin

Postby Robert Goodwin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 am

The deadline is at the beginning of the exam period. You will be required at that time to certify that you have fully participated in at least seven of the lessons.

CarlWestman

Postby CarlWestman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:00 pm

When do you anticipate announcing the D02 final exam piece? Thanks.

Håvard.Bergene
Student of the online lessons

Postby Håvard.Bergene » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 am

Alhambra 11P

Catherine Livingston

Postby Catherine Livingston » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Brian Hunker

Postby Brian Hunker » Tue May 13, 2014 5:42 pm

HELP!

I have completed my final exam, but when I attempt to post it on the Spanish Language forum, I am prompted to login again and my current user name and password do not work. I'm not sure what the problem is. I have completed 8 of the 10 lessons so I believe I have met the qualifications to take the exam.

I see some other English language students from D01 have been able to post their exams. I'm not sure what else to do.

Any assistance from anyone on the board would be greatly appreciated!

I've posted my final exam submission below this message (just in case).

Youtube

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Tue May 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Posting it here won't help you, I'm afraid! You need to register on the Spanish forum before you can log in and post there. You'll find instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687#FAQ7

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Brian Hunker

Postby Brian Hunker » Tue May 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks so much for this link Geoff! Sorry, I didn't know that we needed to register again. :oops: I will follow the instructions and register for the Spanish Language forums. :merci:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Tue May 13, 2014 6:10 pm

You're welcome, Brian. Remember that your first posts there will probably not appear instantly as they'll be subject to mod approval. Good luck with the exam!

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Brian Hunker

Postby Brian Hunker » Tue May 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Ok. Thanks for the additional note, Geoff. I didn't see my post appear right away and so I became a bit nervous. My Spanish is very poor, but I thought that I saw something to the effect that my post was awaiting approval. Thanks for confirming.

Theresa S. Sedlock

Postby Theresa S. Sedlock » Fri May 16, 2014 12:29 am

ok, so again i have waited for the very last minute to finish my upload of my final. i am following the link that is posted here in the very first message. in the post, i school down to post my video and i cannot find a "reply" but a "respondo"...when i click on the respondo it takes me to a page with spanish on it. No clue what it is saying ...how do i post my video there? Am i suppose to be hitting the respondo button? because i dont see a reply choice

I've worked for hours on this video and all I need to do is post it. This is really sad to have to jump through all these hoops. I've posted numerous messages on the Spanish forum where it says register for the exams here and they are just not showing up.

Halil Akaydin

Postby Halil Akaydin » Fri May 16, 2014 6:19 am

You can use google translate if you don't understand Spanish.

Exams can't be posted before the exam period begins.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Fri May 16, 2014 11:35 am

Theresa S. Sedlock wrote:ok, so again i have waited for the very last minute to finish my upload of my final. i am following the link that is posted here in the very first message. in the post, i school down to post my video and i cannot find a "reply" but a "respondo"...when i click on the respondo it takes me to a page with spanish on it. No clue what it is saying ...how do i post my video there? Am i suppose to be hitting the respondo button? because i dont see a reply choice

I've worked for hours on this video and all I need to do is post it. This is really sad to have to jump through all these hoops. I've posted numerous messages on the Spanish forum where it says register for the exams here and they are just not showing up.

One of your messages has now shown up here and you appear to be registered, as your name is in the Spanish students group. I'm afraid you may be too late to enter the exam, as the last date was yesterday, but it may be worth trying again in case they allow it anyway.

You need to go to this topic and scroll down the first post until you get to the English version (look for the little US/UK flag icon). That includes instructions on how you should submit your video, and a form of words that you should use as a declaration to include in the post. When you've made a note of that, click on the Responder button (which is the same as reply) and post your message, with the declaration, the video, and a picture showing your face if it is not visible at some point in the video. If you don't get a normal Reply window when you click on Responder, then it probably means you haven't logged in, so you'll need to enter your username and password and hit return. Then after posting your entry, keep your fingers crossed that you are not too late! (Though unfortunately, as I said, it's very probable that you will be).

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Theresa S. Sedlock

Postby Theresa S. Sedlock » Fri May 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Thanks GeoffB...your instructions are very straight forward and that is exactly what I did numerous times. It's too late now. It was not too late when I was trying to post it, by my time, ET. Maybe they are going by GMT? If that was the case , I may have been too late. Not sure what happen to all my post but I enter a good 8 or 10 of them and only one got through ? It's what I get for waiting till the last minute. Maybe I'll take D01 over again, don't know at this point.

Theresa

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”