D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
RamonCandido
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by RamonCandido » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:53 am

Thanks for the merged John Montes, D01 page 6_2 was recorded when I was thinking of something else. Lots of mistake and slow. I will try to upload the next lesson in harmony with the beat and hopefully with little error on timing and reading.

Shahab Edalatian

Post by Shahab Edalatian » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Hello Everyone!
I'm catching up late, I hope I make it. Let me note that I've had previous experience with classical guitar.
Here are my videos:

1-Cordes A Vide Open String:

Youtube

2- Old Mac Donald:

Youtube

I think I cut a little too much of the video, cause the first note sounds rushed, but it didn't in reality.
3- Au Clair De La Lune:

Youtube

As I was doing the A to E transition with the second finger, I thought it was alright. But now I'm hearing this delay. Sorry about that.

How would I know that I'm qualified for the next lesson?
Also, I have several questions about LH and RH technique, should I ask them here?

Thanks in advance!

Cao Nguyen

Post by Cao Nguyen » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:22 am

Hi Shahab,

Nice playing, really well done. The only thing I want to mention is your RH pinky sticking out, which is a sign of tension. You should learn to relax when playing. Mistakes and slips happen all the time, you don't need to excuse for them.

Here nobody will decide if you're "qualified" for the next lesson. We only give constructive comments to one another. Other than that, we're basically pretty on our own, and that's you who decides whether you should move to the next lesson or practice more.

Regarding questions about technique, I think if they're specifically related to the pieces in the lesson, you can post them here. If the questions are more general, you'd better post them in the designated sub-forum (here viewforum.php?f=6).

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 am

Shahab Edalatian wrote: How would I know that I'm qualified for the next lesson?
Also, I have several questions about LH and RH technique, should I ask them here?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome Shahab
There doesn't seem to be a minimum standard for the lesson postings. If the moderator sees that you have posted the correct pieces then they will add a link to them in the section at the beginning of this thread, just after Prof Delcamp's lesson.

As Cao says, don't worry about errors for a first posting. We try to practice these pieces as we move forward, but as you have catching up to do you might not have time.

Everyone here will try to help with answering questions and advice.
All the best with your practice.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:28 am

Shahab, please publicize the lessons, and register yourself for the course in here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023
You will need to post a message in that thread telling how did you publicize the lessons, and say that you agree with the conditions. A moderator will reply to your message after you have been accepted as a student.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Shahab Edalatian

Post by Shahab Edalatian » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Cao Nguyen wrote: Nice playing, really well done.
Thank you fellow classmate :)
Cao Nguyen wrote:The only thing I want to mention is your RH pinky sticking out, which is a sign of tension. You should learn to relax when playing.
I've never really thought about it :D but now that you've mentioned it, I'll try to pay more attention to it. Somebody has mentioned on the forum to use a rubber band to encourage pinky and A finger to move together. I'm gonna try that. Thanks.
Cao Nguyen wrote: Here nobody will decide if you're "qualified" for the next lesson.
Colin Bullock wrote: There doesn't seem to be a minimum standard for the lesson postings
Since there was the mentioning of ''exam'', I thought there is qualification.
Cao Nguyen wrote: If the questions are more general, you'd better post them in the designated sub-forum (here viewforum.php?f=6).
Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

Also, since there is no ''thanks'' button, are posts containing only a ''thank you'', considered spam?

Shahab Edalatian

Post by Shahab Edalatian » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Marko Räsänen wrote:Shahab, please publicize the lessons,
I'm sorry I forgot that part. I'll do so.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Shahab Edalatian wrote: Somebody has mentioned on the forum to use a rubber band to encourage pinky and A finger to move together. I'm gonna try that. Thanks.
I'm not so sure about that advice. It seems to me that it would restrict the free movement of the a finger, but do nothing to train the pinky. I personally would practice making a fist before playing then allow the fingers to relax out together in a curve.
Shahab Edalatian wrote: Since there was the mentioning of ''exam'', I thought there is qualification.
The qualification is linked to the final exam in May. You have to post a minimum of 7 of the lessons before then, but those are not examined.

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:32 am

Hi classmate!
Finally make a video, the others need to copy from Ipad, but I still need to do more practice.
Hope someone can give me guide. Thank you!

Youtube
https://youtu.be/jsdiLWXKzXw/[YouTube]

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:34 am

Hi, everyone!
It's looks I didn't upload my video correctly,who can tell me how to do it? thank you very much.

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:35 am

Hi, everyone!
It's looks I didn't upload my video correctly,who can tell me how to do it? thank you very much.

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:53 am

Hi,Angela,
Insert this code between
Youtube
jsdiLWXKzXw
Youtube
,no http or full address.Simply code "jsdiLWXKzXw" without quote.
Edit:
I think you need more help.
Look for red text "POST REPLY" button at bottom left corner.Click it.It will open a new large page with many tabs including youtube Tab at top right corner.
Click youtube tab.It will open in your text window like

Youtube

Youtube

insert your code
Youtube
jsdiLWXKzXw
Youtube
like this.
Press Submit button lower middle of the web page. :)

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:25 am

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:33 am

Zafar Haq wrote:Hi,Angela,
Insert this code between
Youtube
jsdiLWXKzXw
Youtube
,no http or full address.Simply code "jsdiLWXKzXw" without quote.
Edit:
I think you need more help.
Look for red text "POST REPLY" button at bottom left corner.Click it.It will open a new large page with many tabs including youtube Tab at top right corner.
Click youtube tab.It will open in your text window like

Youtube

Youtube

insert your code
Youtube
jsdiLWXKzXw
Youtube
like this.
Press Submit button lower middle of the web page. :)
Thank you very much!Zafar Haq. According your guide,I upload my video correctly!
:bravo: :merci:

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:48 am

Angela, your video is set to "private" in youtube, so only you can see it. Please set it to either "unlisted" or "public".
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”