D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
User avatar
Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Nantong Jiangsu Province China

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Marko Räsänen wrote:Angela, your video is set to "private" in youtube, so only you can see it. Please set it to either "unlisted" or "public".


sorry, I made a wrong choose.Now I have changed the video to public. Thank you guide me! :merci:

Shahab Edalatian
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:14 pm
Location: Iran

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Shahab Edalatian » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Colin Bullock wrote:I'm not so sure about that advice. It seems to me that it would restrict the free movement of the a finger, but do nothing to train the pinky. I personally would practice making a fist before playing then allow the fingers to relax out together in a curve.


The qualification is linked to the final exam in May. You have to post a minimum of 7 of the lessons before then, but those are not examined.


Thanks for your response, Colin.
I guess I have to research more on this :roll:

User avatar
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 541
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Missisuga,Toronto,Canada

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Zafar Haq » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi, Angela Z,
Well done.
Good, all working fine.I watched your video.You have to submit "Au clair de la lune".
You have to submit these study assignments to qualify you for the exam.
Mr.Delcamp is asking.
"I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
1.Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) : CORDES A VIDE - OPEN STRING (page 6)
2.Anonyme : Old Mac Donald
3.Anonyme : Au clair de la lune"

User avatar
Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Nantong Jiangsu Province China

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Zafar Haq wrote:Hi, Angela Z,
Well done.
Good, all working fine.I watched your video.You have to submit "Au clair de la lune".
You have to submit these study assignments to qualify you for the exam.
Mr.Delcamp is asking.
"I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
1.Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) : CORDES A VIDE - OPEN STRING (page 6)
2.Anonyme : Old Mac Donald
3.Anonyme : Au clair de la lune"



Thank you Zafar Haq, with your guide,I can send my video.Now I understand how to take part in the lessons,next step, I think I must make more practice,and do a video to take exam. Thank you again! :merci:

User avatar
John Montes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am
Location: North Texas

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby John Montes » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:45 am

Angela Zhao wrote:Now I understand how to take part in the lessons,next step, I think I must make more practice,and do a video to take exam. Thank you again! :merci:

Hi Angela,

You can submit video (preferred) or audio recordings of lessons. Video is preferred because sitting positions, hand positions, finger alternation etc can be seen and better feedback can be given on technical issues.

The FAQ's for lessons has very helpful information on how to upload audio or embed video links, plus much much more.

As Zafar mentioned, if students want to participate in the final exam then they will want to make sure that they post recordings of the required exercises/pieces. Maestro Delcamp will post several exercises and pieces that demonstrate and or exercise the main overall concepts for the lesson. He then selects a few of the exercises or pieces as the "required" pieces that count towards the requirements for the exam.

You can also post recordings of the supplemental pieces in order to get feedback, expand your repertoire, or take on additional challenge, many students do.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

User avatar
John Montes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am
Location: North Texas

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby John Montes » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:19 am

Shahab Edalatian wrote:Hello Everyone!
How would I know that I'm qualified for the next lesson?
Also, I have several questions about LH and RH technique, should I ask them here?
Thanks in advance!


Hi Shahab,
Some of the other students have provided good feedback to these questions, I'll just summarize and re-cap the main points

How would I know that I'm qualified for the next lesson?
-If you've been able to record the pieces and play them in their entirety with sincere effort based on the amount of time that can be devoted to study and practice you will be fine and move forward.

Also, I have several questions about LH and RH technique, should I ask them here?
-For lesson specific questions/feedback, post questions to the forum for the lesson in question
-For other and general questions not lesson specific you can post to all online students in the Student's Corner or post to all forum members in the Classical Guitar Technique area of the Delcamp forum
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

User avatar
Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Nantong Jiangsu Province China

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Angela Zhao » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:37 am

John Montes wrote:You can submit video (preferred) or audio recordings of lessons. Video is preferred because sitting positions, hand positions, finger alternation etc can be seen and better feedback can be given on technical issues.

The FAQ's for lessons has very helpful information on how to upload audio or embed video links, plus much much more.

As Zafar mentioned, if students want to participate in the final exam then they will want to make sure that they post recordings of the required exercises/pieces. Maestro Delcamp will post several exercises and pieces that demonstrate and or exercise the main overall concepts for the lesson. He then selects a few of the exercises or pieces as the "required" pieces that count towards the requirements for the exam.

You can also post recordings of the supplemental pieces in order to get feedback, expand your repertoire, or take on additional challenge, many students do.



Thanks Moderator!
I just read the FAQ's for lessons,it still needs time to understand all,but it gives me more guider.
and according the FAQ, I sent a post to register the D02 lesson, and made a introduction of myself.

I think I must make a good practice, and post the recordings of other pieces. Hope I can get the exam in time.

If there are still somethings I'm not do it correctly,please let me konw and correct it. Thank you very much!

User avatar
Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 209
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:04 am
Location: Nantong Jiangsu Province China

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Angela Zhao » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:04 am

Hello:classmate

There are some videos,please give me some advices.thank you! :merci:

Youtube



Youtube



Youtube

User avatar
John Montes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am
Location: North Texas

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby John Montes » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:15 am

Very nicely done Angela :bravo:
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

User avatar
Michael Tyson
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm
Location: Bishkek

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Michael Tyson » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Can someone please help? I'm registered in the course, but I still cannot access the D01 lesson book. It says I have to join 002 usergroup, whatever that is. I'd like to start the course....

Anyone?
Cheers!
--IronMike

Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Colin Bullock » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Michael Tyson wrote:Can someone please help? I'm registered in the course, but I still cannot access the D01 lesson book. It says I have to join 002 usergroup, whatever that is. I'd like to start the course....

Anyone?

When you are logged on click on your name (top right of page) and click on 'user control panel'.
Go to the tab 'usergroups' and then in the area 'Memberships' check the button next to '002 posted messages'.
usually within 24hrs a moderaor will add you to the group.

User avatar
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator
Posts: 31469
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: UK

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby GeoffB » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:45 am

Also, Mike, don't forget to look at the welcome page here as suggested by Erik in his reply to your introductory post. It tells you about the usergroups, as well as linking to various useful sources of information.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

User avatar
Michael Tyson
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm
Location: Bishkek

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Michael Tyson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:10 am

Colin Bullock wrote:
Michael Tyson wrote:Can someone please help? I'm registered in the course, but I still cannot access the D01 lesson book. It says I have to join 002 usergroup, whatever that is. I'd like to start the course....

Anyone?

When you are logged on click on your name (top right of page) and click on 'user control panel'.
Go to the tab 'usergroups' and then in the area 'Memberships' check the button next to '002 posted messages'.
usually within 24hrs a moderaor will add you to the group.


Thanks Colin! I can now download. Can't wait to start!
Cheers!
--IronMike

User avatar
Michael Tyson
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm
Location: Bishkek

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Michael Tyson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:11 am

GeoffB wrote:Also, Mike, don't forget to look at the welcome page here as suggested by Erik in his reply to your introductory post. It tells you about the usergroups, as well as linking to various useful sources of information.

Geoff


Thanks so much Geoff!
Cheers!
--IronMike

User avatar
Michael Tyson
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:07 pm
Location: Bishkek

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 01

Postby Michael Tyson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:49 am

Angela, that is good playing! I hope to get to your level this month!
Cheers!
--IronMike


Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest