D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Peera Tienthong
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Peera Tienthong » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:44 am

Hi,every one
Here are my lesson 02's recordings.Feel free to comment me if there is any mistake.
The C major scale

Youtube

Exercise No.20

Youtube

Une souris verte

Youtube

J'ai du bon tabac

Youtube

:D :) :o :wink:

David Florea

Post by David Florea » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:18 am

Very good!

Charles Ramcharan

Post by Charles Ramcharan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Good Job everyone enjoyed listing to your contributions.

These are my videos.
C Major

Youtube

Exercise 20

Youtube

J'ai du bon tabac

Youtube

Une souris verte

Youtube

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Nice Job Zafar :okok:

Nice Job Peera :okok:

Nice job Charles :okok:
Watch the i and m finger alternation more closely, these exercises help train the fingers to alternate versus double-plucking notes with the same finger. Practicing very slowly with strict finger alternation, then building speed is a good recipe :-)
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Chad Coffey

Post by Chad Coffey » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:14 am

Hello again. Here are my submissions for D01 lesson 02. Keep up the good work everyone.

The C major scale

Youtube

Exercise No. 20

Youtube

Une souris verte

Youtube

J'ai du bon tabac

Youtube

Pyit Phyo Aung

Post by Pyit Phyo Aung » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks very much for great question, Le. I had the same question.

Thanks very much for great explanation, John.

Cheers,

Aung
John Montes wrote:
Lê Vĩnh Hà wrote:Hi everyone,
I have a question about working on controlling the volume by playing crescendo and decrescendo. Is that just control the strength of right hand's fingers or is there something else that we need pay attention when do that technique? Thanks. :merci:
Hi Le,

The crescendo is analogous to turning the volume knob on a radio gradually from very low volume range increasing to the loud volume range.

The decrescendo would be similar but in the the opposite direction, decreasing from loud to soft.

The pressure or force exerted by the fingers as they graze across the strings can be as light as a feather--at the pianissimo range--or very strong and firm--at the forte range.

Another analogous example might be like painting with a brush, the very feather light brush strokes are soft and delicate applying thinner layers of paint. Very bold brush strokes press into the canvas more firmly and apply thicker layers of paint. The fingers likewise can be trained to respond at will like brush strokes across the strings :-)

Professor Delcamp's C major scale exercise is meant to begin exercising this area of technique. Listen closely to the video and the crescendo volume he applies at the beginning of the scale compared to when he reaches the highest notes. Conversely, notice the decrescendo volume is louder when he first descends the scale at the higher notes, then it gets softer as he reaches the lower notes in the scale. The volume changes coincide with the crescendo/decrescendo markings/symbols on p. 54 in the exercise.

Pyit Phyo Aung

Post by Pyit Phyo Aung » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:04 am

Dear Classmates,

Here is my submission for C Major. I struggled to damp notes. Appreciate your feedback and any advice.

Youtube

Warm regards,

Aung

Pyit Phyo Aung

Post by Pyit Phyo Aung » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:23 am

Dear all,

Here is my submission for Exercise 20. Appreciate your feedback.

Youtube

Warm regards,

Aung

Lê Vĩnh Hà

Post by Lê Vĩnh Hà » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:28 am

Hi everyone,

Here is my study assignment. Sometimes note's sound is not good but i will try to practice to fix it. Comment if you have any idea or advise for me. :merci:

The C major scale

Youtube

Exercise No. 20

Youtube

Une souris verte

Youtube

J'ai du bon tabac

Youtube

Lê Vĩnh Hà

Post by Lê Vĩnh Hà » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:33 am

Pyit Phyo Aung wrote:Dear all,

Youtube

Warm regards,

Aung

I think that in exercise 20, our finger should always touch the string except the finger that makes free stroke. So there are at least 3 finger on string all the time. Am i right?

Pyit Phyo Aung

Post by Pyit Phyo Aung » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:10 am

Great spotting, Le. You're right. Thanks very much. :)

Will practice to get it right and submit again.

Aung
Lê Vĩnh Hà wrote:

Youtube

Warm regards,

Aung

I think that in exercise 20, our finger should always touch the string except the finger that makes free stroke. So there are at least 3 finger on string all the time. Am i right?

Pyit Phyo Aung

Post by Pyit Phyo Aung » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 am

Dear all,

Here is my attempt to correct fingers' position for Exercise 20. I found it quite hard to get rid of buzzing sound and I still can't make it smooth. Appreciate any advice.

Youtube

Cheers,

Aung

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:56 am

Lê Vĩnh Hà wrote:
In exercise 20, Maestro Delcamp demonstrates the Damping exercise with his plucking hand in what some might call a 4 string
'planted' position where each finger is planted on a string but not the same string. In the exercise the thumb (p) is planted on the D string, then the other fingers are planted on the remaining strings, (i) on G, (m) on B and (a) on E.

The exercise alternates strokes between p & i, then p & m, then p & a. The in-active fingers remain planted on their assigned string when active fingers are performing strokes.
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:24 am

Here is my attempt to correct fingers' position for Exercise 20. I found it quite hard to get rid of buzzing sound and I still can't make it smooth. Appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Aung
Hi Aung,

The open strings on their own should not have buzz when set into motion, however, there can be buzzing introduced when the vibrating strings come into partial contact with the flesh of the finger, but not enough contact to fully dampen the vibrating string. The partially damped string still vibrates but at a much slow rate and with some higher overtones that give that buzzing/metallic sound.

I do notice attempts to dampen the bass string much sooner before the treble strings are sounded and vice-versa. Try doing the exercise much slower, but let the bass note sound fully after being plucked, then pluck the treble string, then fully dampen the bass note. Likewise for the treble strings, pluck a treble, let it sound, then pluck the bass, then dampen the treble. These are all free-strokes, watch closely at Maestro Delcamp's fingers in the video, instead of rest stroke, he does free-strokes.
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Lê Vĩnh Hà

Post by Lê Vĩnh Hà » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:58 am

John Montes wrote:
Lê Vĩnh Hà wrote:
In exercise 20, Maestro Delcamp demonstrates the Damping exercise with his plucking hand in what some might call a 4 string
'planted' position where each finger is planted on a string but not the same string. In the exercise the thumb (p) is planted on the D string, then the other fingers are planted on the remaining strings, (i) on G, (m) on B and (a) on E.

The exercise alternates strokes between p & i, then p & m, then p & a. The in-active fingers remain planted on their assigned string when active fingers are performing strokes.
Thank you. And how about my submission, is it good or bad, is there anything wrong? I hope to hear any comment and advise. Thanks for saving time to answer my questions.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”