D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
User avatar
Jonathan Lamb
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: EU, Sol III, Via Lactaea

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Here dear Classmates, are my submissions for Lesson 2.
I can only apologise for the fact it has taken well nigh a month, and not Maestro Delcamp's 'Week', to bring this to you.
Next lesson I shall try to participate in a more timely and active manner, so as not to miss the forum activities.
C Maj Scale.mp3
Exercse_20.mp3
Une_Souris_Verte.mp3
J'ai_du_bon_Tabac!.mp3
This was a groundbreaking month! :casque:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Salvatore Lovinello
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:31 pm
Location: Chesterton, Indiana

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Jonathan,

Big improvement in the buzz I heard before. Nice job!

Sal

User avatar
John Montes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am
Location: North Texas

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by John Montes » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Very good Cao :bravo:

NIce work Jonathan :bravo:
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Janet Hillenbrand
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Janet Hillenbrand » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:21 pm

Hello,
It has taken me awhile to get this lesson uploaded.
The C major scale

Youtube

Exercise No. 20

Youtube

Une souris verte

Youtube

J'ai du bon tabac

Youtube


Janet

User avatar
John Montes
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 729
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am
Location: North Texas

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by John Montes » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:05 pm

NIce work Janet :bravo:
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

User avatar
QuintinBulnes
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:44 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by QuintinBulnes » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Jonathan Lamb wrote:Here dear Classmates, are my submissions for Lesson 2.
I can only apologise for the fact it has taken well nigh a month, and not Maestro Delcamp's 'Week', to bring this to you.
Next lesson I shall try to participate in a more timely and active manner, so as not to miss the forum activities.
C Maj Scale.mp3
Exercse_20.mp3
Une_Souris_Verte.mp3
J'ai_du_bon_Tabac!.mp3
This was a groundbreaking month! :casque:
------------
Hi Jonathan, :bye:

Excellent work, your fingerings are much cleaner and show improvement with the buzz issue. Congrats! :bravo:

One thing I noticed was a strange sound mixed in with your playing, not sure if it was your fingers sliding on strings 1 through 3 or heavy breathing. If it's breathing then just be aware that your microphone is very sensitive and is picking up your breaths. And while Star Wars is coming out on December 18 and a lot of folks are Darth Vader fans (myself included) it is not a desirable thing when you're playing. So watch your breathing and focus on diverting your energy toward your hands. :D

I have been quite busy lately but I promise to post my next lesson here in the next few days.

Quintin

:bye:
"Si de noche lloras por el sol, no verás las estrellas."

Janet Hillenbrand
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Janet Hillenbrand » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Hello classmates. I finally was able to devote some time to listen to everyone's submission for this lesson. Nice job all!

Janet

User avatar
Jonathan Lamb
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: EU, Sol III, Via Lactaea

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi Janet,
Thank you for listening, and for posting your work. I hear your playing, and I would like to say, that although you are quite correct in playing the 'Une Souris Verte' and 'J'ai du bon Tabac' apoyando, (indeed your damping skills are very 8) good) I would very much like to hear your instrument 'singing out' more and more. I find this may come initially, at the expense of technical accuracy but hey, we're beginners so let's enjoy the fact!

:bye:

User avatar
Jonathan Lamb
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: EU, Sol III, Via Lactaea

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:42 pm

QuintinBulnes wrote: ------------
...One thing I noticed was a strange sound mixed in with your playing, not sure if it was your fingers sliding on strings 1 through 3 or heavy breathing. If it's breathing then just be aware that your microphone is very sensitive and is picking up your breaths. And while Star Wars is coming out on December 18 and a lot of folks are Darth Vader fans (myself included) it is not a desirable thing when you're playing. So watch your breathing and focus on diverting your energy toward your hands. :D
Darth Vader, I must admit. :cafeine:

(Duly goes off to look for a mirror in a secondhand shop, so as to avoid having to move the face toward said microphone in future lessons :merci: )

Thanks Q.

David Florea
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:04 am

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by David Florea » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Jonathan, for some reason the only audio I received was the major scale.

User avatar
Warley Lima
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:32 am
Location: Gôiania-GO, Brasil

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Warley Lima » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:27 am

Good evening everyone, attached the lesson files two. Hugs to all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Warley Lima

Cao Nguyen

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Cao Nguyen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:11 am

Very well done Warley. The rhythm is steady and the sounding is consistent in terms of volume, duration and color. I would love to see you playing as well.

If you want to bring your playing to a new level, I suggest practicing some variations: crescendo and decrescendo, legato and staccato, try some phrasing. If you pay attention to the details of Maestro Delcamp's recordings, you won't find him playing mechanically and monotonously, but very musically. The variations are intentional and controlled, unlike that of beginners.

User avatar
Warley Lima
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:32 am
Location: Gôiania-GO, Brasil

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Warley Lima » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Cao Nguyen wrote:Very well done Warley. The rhythm is steady and the sounding is consistent in terms of volume, duration and color. I would love to see you playing as well.

If you want to bring your playing to a new level, I suggest practicing some variations: crescendo and decrescendo, legato and staccato, try some phrasing. If you pay attention to the details of Maestro Delcamp's recordings, you won't find him playing mechanically and monotonously, but very musically. The variations are intentional and controlled, unlike that of beginners.
Hi, Nguyen Cao, thanks for the suggestion'll practice the variations you suggested. Hugs
Regards,

Warley Lima

Tom Hayes
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Tom Hayes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Here are my submissions for this lesson.

The C major scale (I'm aware I rushed this)

Youtube


Exercise No. 20

Youtube


Une souris verte

Youtube


J'ai du bon tabac

Youtube


Thank you for looking. Any comments appreciated.

Tom.

Tom Hayes
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm
Location: Somerset, England

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Tom Hayes » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Sorry, posted previous message twice by mistake.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests