[PDF] Weber, C. M. von - Leise, Leise (Der Freischutz)

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
mrvegas

[PDF] Weber, C. M. von - Leise, Leise (Der Freischutz)

Post by mrvegas » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:23 pm

A short arrangement of the "Leise, Leise" aria from Carl Maria von Weber's opera Der Freischutz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is too short to be perfectly in tune.

spanishguitarmusic

Re: [PDF] Weber, Carl Maria von - Leise, Leise (Der Freischutz)

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:38 am

Thank you for the pdf of this piece!

pmiklitz

Re: [PDF] Weber, Carl Maria von - Leise, Leise (Der Freischutz)

Post by pmiklitz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:17 pm

mrvegas wrote:A short arrangement of the "Leise, Leise" aria from Carl Maria von Weber's opera Der Freischutz.
Just a note regarding the Umlaut in the opera's title Der Freischütz. If you don't write the Umlaut ü, then at least write ue, i.e. Der Freischuetz, which is the accepted convention :contrat: if you don't have keys for Umlaute on your keyboard, or are too lazy to figure out how to produce them. :D

Schütz (short for Schütze = shooter or gunman) has a different meaning in German than Schutz (= protection).

Cheers,

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

mrvegas

Re: [PDF] Weber, C. M. von - Leise, Leise (Der Freischutz)

Post by mrvegas » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:06 am

You are absolutely correct. Version with umlaut attached -- moderator can replace original if so inclined.

Thanks for pointing out the lack of the umlaut. I am embarrassed for three reasons: (1) I really like the opera; (2) I had four years of German in high school; and (3) I was just too darn lazy to look for the special u with the umlaut.

Thanks, and my apologies for my poor German.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is too short to be perfectly in tune.

pmiklitz

Re: [PDF] Weber, C. M. von - Leise, Leise (Der Freischutz)

Post by pmiklitz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 am

mrvegas wrote:You are absolutely correct. Version with umlaut attached -- moderator can replace original if so inclined.

Thanks for pointing out the lack of the umlaut. I am embarrassed for three reasons: (1) I really like the opera; (2) I had four years of German in high school; and (3) I was just too darn lazy to look for the special u with the umlaut.

Thanks, and my apologies for my poor German.
No need to apologise, but it always bothers me how little respect most native English speakers have for other languages and just mangle any foreign word they think they can't pronounce into something unintelligible instead of actually trying to pronounce it properly. It's all about listening, so us musicians should be best suited as proponents of better pronunciation.

At least I managed to embarrass you, so that's a good start for doing better next time :D

I'm happy to help with any German language issues you may encounter, so just ask!

Cheers,

Peter
Dringt durch des Aberglaubens Nacht, die Euch zu finstern Köpfen macht. Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 - 1769)

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”