[PDF] Pergolesi, G. B. - Sonata in A

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Alcaeus89

[PDF] Pergolesi, G. B. - Sonata in A

Post by Alcaeus89 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 am

parallel 16th notes in the first bar will take a little practice to play smoothly. My tempo preference in 120 bpm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alcaeus89 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takamine C-312S

pogmoor

Re: [PDF] Pergolesi, G.B. - Sonata in A

Post by pogmoor » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:27 am

It's a nice piece, thanks for the arrangement :)
However I notice a couple of minor errors: the first notes of the sixteenths in measure 1 should be tied to the quarter note chord that precedes them. In measure 6 all the Ds should be natural. Also, wouldn't it be nice to put in some of the grace notes from the original?
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Alcaeus89

Re: [PDF] Pergolesi, G. B. - Sonata in A

Post by Alcaeus89 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:07 am

Thank you for catching my mistake in bar six.
I left out the tie in measure one because I thought it would be easier to play without it. I didn't feel any need to the graces, because improvised embellishment is part of the performance practice of the piece. Its understood that performers would add trills, graces, and mordents, with taste. This piece in particular is of Italian origin, and I believe that Italian ornamentation in the form of diminutions would be most appropriate, when used with taste, of course.

My philosophy towards making arrangements involves taking minor liberties like altering note duration because arrangements are by definition not the original piece. If I expected the score of my arrangement to be gospel, I would go through the trouble to have it published.
Takamine C-312S

spanishguitarmusic

Re: [PDF] Pergolesi, G. B. - Sonata in A

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:42 am

Thank you for the pdf of this piece!

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”