[PDF] Gesualdo, Carlo - Gagliarda del Principe de Venosa

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
pogmoor

[PDF] Gesualdo, Carlo - Gagliarda del Principe de Venosa

Post by pogmoor » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:23 pm

This galliard is one of the few extant instrumental works of the Italian madrigalist Carlo Gesualdo (1566 - 1613) whose life could perhaps be described as 'eventful' and whose style was, for the time, extraordinarily chromatic. I have taken one or two minor liberties so that the arrangement is playable but tried not to alter the harmonic structure. The piece is discussed here in connection with a beautiful rendition of another of Gesualdo's pieces: viewtopic.php?p=1245798#p1245763.
GagPrincipeGtr.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

elindley

Re: [PDF] Gesualdo, Carlo - Gagliarda del Principe de Venosa

Post by elindley » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Thanks for this Eric. I've loved singing Gesualdo's vocal pieces so I'm looking forward to this transcription. -- Edward
English | Fresno, California | Kenny Hill Signature Double Top | La Bella 2001 Concert Series Extra Hard Tension
"Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”