[PDF] Satie, Erik - Gymnopedie No. 1

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
leo weier

[PDF] Satie, Erik - Gymnopedie No. 1

Post by leo weier » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:33 am

Hallo to you all,

if you like Satie´s music: this is my adaptation of the Gymnopedie No 1.
I hope you like it.

Greetings Leo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GeoffB on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrupted file replaced

Brock

Post by Brock » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:34 am

Thank you Leo. Your notes at the end are useful comparing your version to other on th net. I look forward to playing it.

Fingerboard

Post by Fingerboard » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:48 pm

Thanks, Leo! This is GREAT help, my friend! This is such a wonderful place, isn't it?

More power to you!

Tony

Muckdogzen

Post by Muckdogzen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:34 am

Thanks for the nice adaptation. I tried years ago but was never satisfied.
These pieces do sound great on the guitar. I'll be going through my piano music to see if I still have a copy.

Thanks , Dave

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:01 am

Thank you Leo,

It is very kind of you to provide this adaptation for everyone.

Best wishes, V :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

JasonDJ

Post by JasonDJ » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:04 pm

Thank you for posting this. I heard the piece a few years ago, but have never thought of trying it on the guitar. I look forward to playing it later.

Elías López Cruz

Re: [PDF] Satie, Erik - Gymnopedie No. 1

Post by Elías López Cruz » Wed May 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Leo! I use to play this Gymnopedie 1, from a version whose author I have not in mind. I would like to play this version and compare the differences in fngering. Thanks
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

leo weier

Post by leo weier » Wed May 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Elias,
i just decided to post an update of this Gymnopedie because i am not really satisfied with some parts of my adaptation (in fact, i made a lot of mistakes, i guess). It will last one week or so, so be a bit patient, please! It would be very nice to let me know what you do think about the upcoming new version.

Greetings Leo

leo weier

[PDF] Satie, Erik - Gymnopedie No. 1 [update]

Post by leo weier » Fri May 28, 2010 1:10 am

Hi folks,
i decided to post this update ´cause i found a lot of mistakes i made in my first adaptation. If you have any copies of my first version i would please you to compare it with this new one and let me know what you think of this different versions. Any comments or critics are appreciated! The chords i used in bar number 69 and 78 are quite different from the original piano score - just take it as a contribution to our instrument, i think they do sound pretty nice on guitar.

Greetings Leo

p.s.: Maybe some moderators can delete the original pdf? I am not able to do that by my own ´cause there is no longer an edit function or maybe i am just too stupid to understand how to do!!! Thanx for your kind help!

Paul

Re: [PDF] Satie, Erik - Gymnopedie No. 1 [update]

Post by Paul » Fri May 28, 2010 4:20 pm

leo weier wrote:p.s.: Maybe some moderators can delete the original pdf? I am not able to do that by my own ´cause there is no longer an edit function or maybe i am just too stupid to understand how to do!!! Thanx for your kind help!
The edit function disappears after 3 weeks, so there's no stupidity on your part. I've put your new attachment on to the first post.

All the best,

Paul

orazio59

Post by orazio59 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 am

:merci:

Paolo

leo weier

Post by leo weier » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Di niente, Paolo.
Sono contento che ti piaccia.

Greetings Leo

Evan

Post by Evan » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:27 pm

As a "still beginning to read sheet music" player, it's always a little confusing to me when someone says here is my arrangement and no diagrams or tabs are included.

Are the circled numbers strings, frets, or fingers? Are they the key to playing this piece as the op interpreted it?

DerekB

Post by DerekB » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm

The circled numbers indicate the string to be used. There are several reasons why higher positions are used - sometimes as the notes are doubled on open strings but usually to make it easier to play the neighboring notes smoothly.
I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn... - Seasick Steve

Ana Espinosa 2014 Swiss spruce/IRW
Yulong Guo 2009 640mm scale cedar/IRW

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 am

DerekB wrote:The circled numbers indicate the string to be used.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking forward to spending some time with the arrangement.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”