[PDF] Brescianello, G. A. - Partita No.VIII Entree und Menuet

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
leo weier

[PDF] Brescianello, G. A. - Partita No.VIII Entree und Menuet

Post by leo weier » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:16 pm

Hi folks,
i am going on working at transscriptions of Brescianello´s pieces for gallichone. I found the tabulatures in the "luth-librairie de france". As it is 16 Partitas: there is still a lot of work to do.
I hope you´ll like it.

Greetings Leo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:23 pm

Hello Leo,

These look very good!

It is kind of you to share your efforts with us.

Best wishes, V :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

owl

Post by owl » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:04 pm

This is a big effort Leo... thanks very much

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

eales

Re: [PDF] Brescianello, G.A. - Partita No. VIII Entee und Menuet

Post by eales » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:13 pm

These pieces are delightful Leo - I hope you are still around on the forum....

:merci:

leo weier

Re: [PDF] Brescianello, G.A. - Partita No. VIII Entree und Menuet

Post by leo weier » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:27 am

Hi eales,
yes and yes...i am still around, but: i don´t have too much time in the moment to waste it for surfing in the internet! I have to earn my money, take care for my dog and at least need some more time for my wife! And if there´s a little time left for my pleasure i use it for playing guitar and doing some more transscriptions. I´ve just finished with the work on Brescianello´s pieces for gallichone...all the 18 suites or partitas are done now! The problem is: i have to revise it, have to add the fingerings and need some time to check the possibilities of playing it on guitar. It might be a bit difficult, because for some pieces a alternativ tuning is demanded in the tabulatures. So i maybe have to change some parts to make it suitable for standard guitar tuning. And as there are some obvious mistakes in the tabulatures i found at the "luth-librairie de france" i decided to order copies of the original tabulatures at the "Sächsische Landesbibliothek Dresden". I hope it will work with them. I did the same with some tabulatures known as "Ausseer Tabulatur". I just e-mailed to "Österreichische Landesbibliothek Wien" and asked for it. Very friendly people there i can tell you. You just have to pay some bucks and you will get what you want within some days! The "Ausseer Tabulatur" will be my next transscription work in the long and boring winter nights we are expecting now.
As you can see now: i am still around but a bit more in the background. Just one question: could you please ask a moderator of the forum "Our scores for guitar" if it is possible to post all the partitas just to one folder? That might be a bit more comfortable for the users (if there will be some).

Greetings Leo

eales

Post by eales » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:47 pm

wow that's a lot of work Leo and it's so generous of you to share it with us.

I think you ought to be able to do that, or at the very least one partita per thread, since many of the scores there are already several pages. The only proviso is that whatever is uploaded has to be on one file only. You might occasionally see the odd exception but it shouldn't!

I will ask around the more IT literate Mods to see if there is an alternative but just for now go along with my advice please Leo, and again, thanks very very much - I look forward to seeing these pieces!

:bravo: :bravo: :merci:

.........Gallichone????? :shock: :?:

.....Googled it - it's a kind of Baroque six course continuo lute or mandora if I understand it correctly. Can't give the link because of the ban on commercial links but it was at the top of the list. Telemann wrote a lot of music for it and Weiss is pictured playing one, so I don't know why it's not more well known.

heyjc

Post by heyjc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:53 pm

Leo
I very much enjoyed these pieces. Thank you for your hard work and effort!
Jeff

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”