[PDF] Mertz, J. K. - Nocturne No. 3

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
hphooper

[PDF] Mertz, J. K. - Nocturne No. 3

Post by hphooper » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:09 am

Shiny, new manuscript (made with Finale 2007c) of a Mertz Opus 4 nocturne that I found on the Music Library of Sweden website from the Carl Oscar Boije collection. It's fairly straight forward technically but is interesting musically with its majestic opening followed by a lively section with some development.

--HH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brock

Post by Brock » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:00 am

Thanks HH - this is a beautifully clear score. Reading it through on paper it looks a little more demanding than the 1st nocturne you posted recently - I know I'll enjoy working on it, even if I don't quite get there!
I'm sure many other members will enjoy this too.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:23 am

Hello HH,

Thank you for another beautiful score!

Best wishes, V :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

owl

Post by owl » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Thanks HH... lovely work as always!

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Matt Molloy

Post by Matt Molloy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:26 pm

Many thanks again HH. Brilliant job as usual.

:merci: :applauso:

Cheers,

Matt.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morcambe

Proud member of the LGCI.

Guitar: James Lister 2009 SP/MP.

let_there_be_alvaro

Post by let_there_be_alvaro » Sat May 19, 2007 7:32 am

Thank you for the excellent job, not to mention the, heh, mention of the Music Library of Sweden website (is in process of exploring the Boije collection). :D

kyokuhon

Post by kyokuhon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi, all,
Yes, this is a beautiful score! It will be nice to have it on just two pages (the original is on 3). I've just discovered these Mertz Nocturnes myself from Boije website, and I've become obsessed with both 1 and 3. For me, they fall very nicely on the fretboard, but the writing has enough surprises to keep it interesting. For some reason, though, 2 just doesn't do it for me. I've given a cursory look at the rest of the Mertz available, but if anyone could point me toward some other pieces similar to the Nocturnes, I'd be most grateful!
Best, and keep playing!
K.

Anthony Campanella

Post by Anthony Campanella » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:20 pm

:bravo:

AndyJones

Re: [PDF] Mertz, J. K. - Nocturne No. 3

Post by AndyJones » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi HH,

I just wanted to say thanks so much for posting the Mertz Nocturnes - I heard them a while back and i've been looking for the scores for ages!!

Many thanks,
Andy

kirolak

Re: [PDF] Mertz, J. K. - Nocturne No. 3

Post by kirolak » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:55 am

I'd like to add my thanks, so clear & unambiguous!

Many scores(of this & other pieces) are just poor photocopies & I often can't decipher the incidentals.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”