[PDF] Weiss, S. L. - Ciacona

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
bukena

[PDF] Weiss, S. L. - Ciacona

Post by bukena » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi Folks,

I would like to apologize for posting scores and then have them removed. That won't happen again. I am going to publish my transcriptions and I was advised to remove any copy from the net and since it seems like sound advise, I did so. I felt pretty bad about having them removed.

Anyway, I want to share with you one of my favorite pieces of music. This is one of the most beautiful pieces ever written and it's so wonderful to play. The original is in Gm, which is played in dropped D. And since I am an all-around nice guy... I transcribed it to Am. However, do check out the score in Gm... those bottom Ds sound just fantastic!.

I've told my family and friends that I want someone to play this at my funeral.

b.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GeoffB on Sat May 09, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Corrupted file replaced

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: [PDF] Weiss, S. L. - Ciacona

Post by GeoffB » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:25 am

Many thanks, bukena, for this, and especially for the transcription to Am. It will be a while before I can do it justice, but I was prompted to search on youtube to get an idea of what the piece sounded like and I agree it's a really beautiful one. I hope whoever your friends and family choose to play it has a long, long time to practise! :mrgreen:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Very nice arrangement - very clear and well set out. I like playing this in A minor and I'll print this one out and use it to play from :)
On a quick look through there's one thing I would change, though. In bar 22 I would use open strings to play the semiquavers in the first two beats campanella as this was an effect often used in music of this time and particularly effective here.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014)

bukena

Post by bukena » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:13 am

Thanks Geoff and Pogmoor. I'll check the campanella thing when I get home... sounds interesting. Thanks for educating me. The only error I've found is the 2nd string indicator of meas. 82 in the Am score... it should be for the 3rd string.

Have fun!

b.

adeptus

Post by adeptus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:18 pm

I adore this piece and it isn't played very much...and I think this is such a shame.

Thank you very much bukena for these gems!

Adeptus.

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Fantastic score, thanks for making it available. I have printed the dropped d version and will try to play it soon.

:merci: :merci:

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:26 pm

bukena wrote:I'll check the campanella thing when I get home... sounds interesting.

b.
Fantastic !

I discovered the campanella possibility too (without having read Pogmoor's post , and its lovely.

Moderato

Post by Moderato » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:59 am

I've been playing this in Am for a while. When I saw the Gm version I thought I was going to like it better especially since I play many songs in DADGBE. However I find I keep going back to the Am version, perhaps even though this a Dm lute piece, the Am just suits the CG better. They are both excellent transcriptions. Have you ever thought or have transcribed this Weiss Dm Allemande?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIANAfU2cS4 I play this on my lute (one of the only songs I can play on it), anyway I think it might sound decent for CG.
03 Ramirez 1a CD/BR
06 Baroque Lute - 13 Course w/Bass Rider

SrDedosRapidos

Post by SrDedosRapidos » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 pm

In the middle of learning this :)

Great Piece. Thanks for the score :bravo:

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:46 am

Hi Bukena,
Great Piece. Thanks for the score :bravo:
:( + ♫ = :)

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:29 am

Wow, Armand!

You got JD's attention!

Congratulations!

Hope you get more of the attention you deserve!

Alan

henkk

Post by henkk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 pm

thank you for this Weiss piece

norban

Post by norban » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Hello Bukena,
thank you for the beautiful arrangement. :P

off topic: Visited marvellous San Sebastian a couple of years back, is that where you live ?

norban
A life without music is possible but very poor.

pmcallis

Post by pmcallis » Thu May 14, 2009 2:58 am

A lovely Am version. Thanks.
Paul

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:29 pm

A belated thank you for these arrangements. I've never seen a two-for like this with the same piece in the two most popular keys:)

BTW, it lays even more naturally on the guitar in E minor, but unless you have a seven or eight string guitar you end up making even more sacrifices in the bass line.

~Sean

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”