[PDF] Saywood, Paul - op.10/03 Study

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Paul Saywood

[PDF] Saywood, Paul - op.10/03 Study

Post by Paul Saywood » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Hello,

This study was written for my friend Hans W.

Enjoy Hans.
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vesuvio

Re: [PDF] Saywood, Paul - Study no. 3, op.10

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello Paul,

You star! Hans will love it, I can't wait to try and learn it myself,

All the best, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:31 am

Hello Vesuvio,

Thanks so much for your support on this idea.

Best wishes.
Paul

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 am

Love it? I LOVE it. I just played it.

Paul, its exactly, not kind of, not sort of, not close, .. its exactly what I was thinking of. I can't believe you could produce a custom made piece that has everything I asked for just like that. I am speechless.

And I love the melody and the difficultly level is perfect.

Ahhhhhh, Paul, this is not what I had expected. Its just so completely, completely great.

A sincere heart felt thank you. You are something else. Its a privilege to know you. What a great forum this is with members like you.

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 am

Hello Hans,

I've liked your enthusiasm ever since I met you but this reaction really makes me smile, I am so happy to have created something that warrants this reply, so thank you too my friend!! :D :D

Hmm, maybe this will be the one thing that'll inspire you to sort out your recording device. :mrgreen:

Spot-on Hans.
Paul

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Just to let you know, I'm really enjoying this piece. Still working on the figuring and stuff like that but otherwise, its coming along nicely (for me anyway)

Hans :guitare:
Classical Guitar rules!

fep

Post by fep » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks Paul for giving me my guitar excercise for the day. I really enjoyed working through the piece as a technical excercise but also as a way to see how you write harmonically which is interesting to me as I try to learn to compose. If I may, a few comments and questions for my education:

Love the voice leading going on for measure 1 - 8 and the unusual cadence of G7 to Am. It really seems to want to resolve to C but has a surprise and goes back to Am.

Measure 11 and 12, I sure want to play the G# instead of the G. What's your thinking on this choice?

Measure 17 (which technically is the crux of the piece with my smallish hands), that is a lovely chord progression, whatever it is, Fm6#7 or an E7/F? to measure 19 a Emaj7 functioning somehow as a dominant chord? At least that's how it sounds to me, strangely it really doesn't sound like a Maj7 chord in this context even though it is spealt like one. How do you come up with these type of progressions? Not sure if that's a question that can be answered though. But that is really a lovely progression.

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:14 am

Whoa Frank, I'll have to go over the score to see what you are talking about here! :D

I know what you mean about the Emaj7 not sounding like an Emaj7, but that will be because it goes back to A minor.

Glad you've made use of the score.

Hans, let me know when you've cracked it!! :mouton:

Paul

jayjay2008

Post by jayjay2008 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi Paul, I have just downloaded the score and played through it. It's really nice.
Especially I like bars 26 and 28, where the tremolo note changes on the last 16th. Is this your invention?
I don't know so many tremolo pieces and have not seen this before, so at first I thought of a typing error.
Thanks for sharing your tunes.

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:35 pm

jayjay2008 wrote:Hi Paul, I have just downloaded the score and played through it. It's really nice.
Especially I like bars 26 and 28, where the tremolo note changes on the last 16th. Is this your invention?
I don't know so many tremolo pieces and have not seen this before, so at first I thought of a typing error.
Thanks for sharing your tunes.
Hello!

Yes it is my invention, I am currently writing studies for anyone that wishes to work on a particular technique, see this thread (Broken link removed)

Thanks for the comment.
Paul

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Hey, I missed that note change. Funny how the mind works and what we assume and think we see.
Classical Guitar rules!

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Funny you should mention that Zero.Before printing the score, I edited out the tab because I don't like tabs either.

However, after screwing around trying to come up with fingering, I thought, isn't that what tabs do ie show what the fret pattern is for each chord ergo fingering. So using the tab, I wrote in the fingering on the score. Worked perfect.

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Paul Saywood

Post by Paul Saywood » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Hans W wrote:Funny you should mention that Zero.Before printing the score, I edited out the tab because I don't like tabs either.
I don't like the tablature either, but my software won't allow me to get rid of it - how did you manage to do that Hans? :shock:

Thanks zeroeffect! :D

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Nothing high tech Paul. I just brought the PDF up on the screen and did copy/paste to a Photoshop type program. But as I said, the tabs laid out the fingering which was great.

I find it surprising your score program doesn't allow you the option of just tab or just score or both. Have you checked the User Setup or Preference options?

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

David

Post by David » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:46 am

Hans

Paul uses Powertab, this is obviously for tabbing music. The current version does not allow you to print just the notation part. And those of us that have been using it have been waiting for V2 for many years.

@ Paul, just downloaded this, looks like fun I'll have a go tonight. As I've said many times I don't know how you find the time to do all this - you're an inspiration! Take a break have a drink on me. :ivresse:
"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”