[PDF] Anon. - Bolelebo

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Sandan

[PDF] Anon. - Bolelebo

Post by Sandan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:20 pm

This piece is an Indonesian traditional song, it has a lovely melody. I play around with the chords to give it a nice smooth changes and beats. Let the rhythm and the bass ring through.

I put TAB as well since TablEdit is friendly for it, PM me for the Midi file.

A little note for the intro, I can't put the fingering because of double "e" notes; they are supposed to be there; open e string and 5th position on b string "e' note, with 2nd finger, a variation of A chord to give a different sound. Some notes don't have fingering since I just can't add them, but we can figure out from the chords and Tab positions. Tempo should be Moderato.

San
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sandan on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vesuvio

Re: BO-LE-LE-BO solo arrangement

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Hello San,

Thank you for sharing this with us,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Hans W

Re: BO-LE-LE-BO solo arrangement

Post by Hans W » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks for that score. I think its great our members are willing to share their efforts and pieces such as this really add to the flavor and scope of CG music available.

In order to facilitate searching and categorizing, could I ask you to change the thread title so its in the following format:
To allow automatic organisation and alphabetic search function of MP3s, scores and videos, please name your message following this layout:
Name of composer, Forename of composer, Title of work.
The semicolon (;) acts as a separator between the composer and title, for example:
Sor, Fernando; Etude op.35 n.13
The semicolon is very important; it allows us to create a list of MP3s, scores and videos automatically.
I assume the composer is "Anonymous" here.

Thanks

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Sandan

Re: Anonymous - BOLELEBO-Folk Song

Post by Sandan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:11 pm

Thanks, Vesuvio and Hans

I changed the subject as suggested.

We have so many wonderful collection of classical pieces, arrangement of different music will complement the non-pure classical guitarist. I am hoping this will serve as such. I did quite a few as a teenager; but it's hard to check copy right of some the popular songs. Any idea how to check the copy right business? For example, the latin song Quizas, Quizas, Quizas.. How do we check if I could arrange it, not for any commercial reason, and share it with all of you?

Hans W

Re: Anonymous - BOLELEBO-Folk Song

Post by Hans W » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:06 am

Thanks for changing the title Sandan

As to your question, it raises a good point and one I don't have an answer to. I applaud your consideration for wanting to respect copyright and will look into it and see if there's a reasonably straight forward or simple answer. I have to admit Sandan, I never realized how complicated copyright issues can get until I became a Mod here. I can tell you that if you're making a arrangement of a traditional folk song, there should be no problem unless you're initially copying the arrangement of someone else that has copyrighted that arrangement.

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Tonyyyyy

Re: Anonymous - BOLELEBO-Traditional Folk Song

Post by Tonyyyyy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:19 am

I enjoyed playing it - a very pretty piece, and some interesting chord sequences - the F maj to A maj repetitions at the end was a surprise, but worked well

Sandan

Re: [PDF] Anonymous - Bolelebo, Traditional Folk Song

Post by Sandan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 pm

Tony,

I'm happy you noticed those chords changes at the end, I'm just playing around with it.

Did you try my newly posted Quisaz Quisaz Quisaz?

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:33 pm

sandan wrote:Tony,

I'm happy you noticed those chords changes at the end, I'm just playing around with it.

Did you try my newly posted Quisaz Quisaz Quisaz?
I will try the new one, San

btw what does Bolelebo mean? I feels like a lullaby or a tender romantic song

Sandan

Post by Sandan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:58 pm

Tony, you got me again, Indonesia is so diversed almost like China... so many dialects and diferent local languanges. There are over 16,ooo islands all together. I did a little research, the song is actually from an Island called Timor... a long way from my embarrasing uneducated guess previously. This island was known as a former Portuguese colony located east of Bali and Komodo islands.
:bye:

San
Last edited by Sandan on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sandan

Post by Sandan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:28 pm

Tilly Langelaan wrote:Thank you. Nice song to play on a cold, snowy evening here in the French Pyrenees...
Hi Tilly Langelaan, It's getting cold in Canada too, I'm pleased I am not living in Manitoba, Alberta and the Prairies right now. Only Hans, our superb Moderator in Manitoba likes it there, I heard there is a cold snap... too early for December.

:merci: for trying the piece.

San

Sean

Post by Sean » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:44 am

It's a nice little work you've got here.

Sandan

Post by Sandan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:29 am

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your nice comment, it's a good practice to learn TablEdit program.

:merci: :bye:
San

Rospo

Post by Rospo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:48 am

:bravo: and :merci: from Italy
Alex :bye:

Sandan

Post by Sandan » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Alex,

:merci: You're very kind.