[PDF] Harte, Warwick - Prelude

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
rikart

[PDF] Harte, Warwick - Prelude

Post by rikart » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:40 am

This is a piece I wrote before Christmas. It's dedicated to my mother, Isobel, who died in November. She was 93 years old, and was much loved by all her family and friends. Mum loved music and dancing, and she sang and danced in many shows years ago. She also played the piano, and loved nothing better than to tuck herself away in the music room for some quiet time with her beloved Chopin. Mum played on to a ripe old age, and in fact taught young piano students in the village in which she lived near Dublin right up to her mid-eighties. She was a dedicated and loving mother to me and my brothers and sisters, and loving wife and companion to my late father. She was an oasis of comfort, and no day would pass without a 'well done', an 'I love you', or a hug, or being encouraged to drink up that glass of apple-cider vinegar and honey, or being told (recently even) when my eccentric humour stretched patience - 'you are not too old to be put across my knee'. The house was filled with her laughter. I miss her.
Prelude.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by George Crocket on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Corrupt file replaced

tom jobim

Re: [PDF] Rikart - Prelude

Post by tom jobim » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:56 am

Hi Rikart,
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your mother. I will take a look at your piece and thanks so much for sharing not only the music but your life experience as well. This is truly a tremendous honor.
peace, sven :merci:

owl

Post by owl » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 am

Warwick, sincere sympathy on the loss of your Mother... I know you miss her dearly.
This Prelude is a beautiful tribute... there can be nothing more special or lasting than music from the heart

Thank you for sharing what is in yours

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:31 am

Thank you so much for sharing your memories and your music with us. Isobel sounds like such a wonderful person. I would love to hear you play this!

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 am

Hello Warwick,

Thank you very much for the music and for telling us how it came to be written. I'm sorry you have lost your mother—it is wonderful that you are able to honour her through music,

Best wishes, V :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

avoz

Post by avoz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:11 pm

Warwick, Commiserations and thanks for a lovely elegy.

rikart

Post by rikart » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Many thanks my friends for your kind words. Very much appreciated.

henkk

Post by henkk » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:54 pm

thanks for this one as well, henk

rikart

Re: [PDF] Harte, Warwick - Prelude

Post by rikart » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:56 pm

It appears that subsequent to uploading the file it has become corrupted. I attach a fresh copy here.
rikart /warwick harte

George Crocket

Re: [PDF] Harte, Warwick - Prelude

Post by George Crocket » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:13 am

rikart wrote:It appears that subsequent to uploading the file it has become corrupted. I attach a fresh copy here.
Thanks Rikart. The file in your 1st post in this thread has now been replaced. :D
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”