[PDF] Harte, Warwick - Chorale

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
rikart

[PDF] Harte, Warwick - Chorale

Post by rikart » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I wrote this for my Dad. It reminds me of him, and the way he used to tinker at the piano which he couldn't really play, improvising simple tunes based on the plainchant and canticles that for fifty years was such a part of his life singing in the cathedrals of Dublin. His strong, old (in my memory), gnarled hands would wring out idiomatic themes reminiscent of stately times, but always with an odd quirky twist within it. He was quite the victorian figure, yet beneath a very thin veneer he often displayed a mischievous sense of humour. Dad had a very good bass/baritone voice and, apart from his choral duties beneath the spires, he performed roles on the opera stage. He really enjoyed playing the villain or assassin such as Sparafucile in Rigoletto, but his real love was for the 'buffo' roles, and his interpretation of Dr. Bartolo in the Barber of Seville was reputed to be hilarious. Although I never saw him performing I can very well imagine it.
Chorale.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by George Crocket on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Corrupt file replaced

owl

Re: [PDF] Rikart - Chorale

Post by owl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:11 am

Thank you Warwick... this touches a chord in me as well
My father's name was Jack and he also had a good baritone voice and loved to sing
His instrument was the cornet, which he tried to teach me to play... with limited success I might add :roll:
Although born in Australia his father was Irish... from Galway.
My Dad was also a bit of a comedian... it must be in the blood I think!

Thank you for sharing this piece... it's good of you to post it for us to enjoy :D

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

tom jobim

Post by tom jobim » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:58 am

Hi Warwick,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful music.
peace, sven
:bravo: :bye:

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:31 am

Good morning Warwick,

Thank you very much for making your composition available to us and for sharing its story,

Best wishes, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

avoz

Post by avoz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:38 am

Rikart, Thanks for a lovely piece, an intriguing mixture of the old (some bars bring my childhood duties as altar boy to mind) and the new (false-relations etc.).

Sean

Post by Sean » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:56 am

Finely crafted piece! I enjoy it tremendously!

simpsons712

Post by simpsons712 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:20 am

wow can't wait to play this =]

henkk

Post by henkk » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Warwick,

I've given it a try this morning and I like it very much
thanks, Henk

rikart

Re: [PDF] Harte, Warwick - Chorale

Post by rikart » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:56 am

The original file appears to have been corrupted subsequent to uploading it. I have attached a fresh copy here.
rikart /warwick harte

George Crocket

Re: [PDF] Harte, Warwick - Chorale

Post by George Crocket » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 am

rikart wrote:The original file appears to have been corrupted subsequent to uploading it. I have attached a fresh copy here.
Thanks, Rikart. Your replacement file has been moved to the 1st post in this thread. :D
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”