[PDF] Schubert, Franz - Ständchen

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
granadina

Re: [PDF] Schubert, Franz - Ständchen

Post by granadina » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Few questions -

What fingering would work for the 7th position indicated in measure 42 ?
Or is it referring to measure 38 ( next to the triplet ) ?

Likewise , am not able to figure out the fingering for measure 46 , where we find the 10th position indicated .
Shouldn't it be position 8 ?

Thanks .

tranhoang1811

Post by tranhoang1811 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 am

Thank Nick so much! I love the sound of Standchen :x

Mikko Helenius

Post by Mikko Helenius » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:29 am

I was wondering if someone of you that have played this arrangement could/would make a video?

Langenb

Post by Langenb » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:37 am

Thanks, I'm exited to find out if this is still to difficult for my level.
Der spirituelle Mensch bündelt die Aufmerksamkeit nicht auf die Vielfalt des Unterscheidbaren, sondern auf die Einheit des Unterschiedlichen.

Langenb

Post by Langenb » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:41 am

kesäkuntoon wrote:I was wondering if someone of you that have played this arrangement could/would make a video?
I think this is the one, although not exactly this arangement, played with a lot of temperament on a Bernabe guitar by Johanna Beisteiner a great guitarist from austria:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKgOqRS ... CFj9XtEc9k

and there is a performance of the J K Mertz version on delcamp:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26041
Der spirituelle Mensch bündelt die Aufmerksamkeit nicht auf die Vielfalt des Unterscheidbaren, sondern auf die Einheit des Unterschiedlichen.

marlovitsh

Post by marlovitsh » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:03 am

Sorry - I just have to post my preferred version I found on youtube...

Johanna Beisteiner 's version is very nice played with a lot of temperament and a nice tone. But I just don't like the way she plays the triplets - they are many times NOT triplets at all (a little bit like punctuated) - and the triplets on top of the normal eigths make the tension in the melody/accompaniment so nice, I think.

So: I like Brigitte Zaczek's version (Vienna, professor at Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst) which plays it the way I like it much more (that's personal preference, anyway, I know...):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVTKzJWVbF8

She plays the Mertz version but it seems to be with a few basses in ottava bassa. I tried to find out if there is a Mertz version denoting exactly that but I could find just the well known Boje collection version. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

Harry
guitars: Marcelino Lopez Nieto (1985), Paul Fisher Lutherie (1983)

Langenb

Post by Langenb » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:22 am

marlovitsh wrote:Johanna Beisteiner 's version is very nice played with a lot of temperament and a nice tone. But I just don't like the way she plays the triplets - they are many times NOT triplets at all (a little bit like punctuated) - and the triplets on top of the normal eigths make the tension in the melody/accompaniment so nice, I think. ...
Harry
I verstehe was Du meinst. Brigitte Zaczek's Version ist vielleicht näher am Orginal. Nachdem ich mir beide Versionen nochmal angehört habe finde ich trotzdem Johannas rhythmische Variationen haben etwas mehr Pfeffer. Ich frage mich, ob man ihre Art zu spielen überhaupt in Noten fassen könnte. Verzeihung, ich bin ein großer Johanna Beisteiner Fan.

I can see what you mean. Brigitte Zaczek's version is probably nearer to the original notes. I just thought after listening to both versions that Johanna's rhythic variations pepper it up little. I wounder if it was possible to write down her way of playing as sheet music at all. Please forgive me. I'm a great Johanna Beisteiner fan, you see :D

marlovitsh

Post by marlovitsh » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 pm

I know what you mean, too... I'd prefer to have some kind of combined version...
The Zaczek version is more romantic, sweet tone - may be authentic, but for me it is sometimes a little bit too monotonic - it would need a bit more dynamics.
The Beisteiner version has much more the dynamics I'd love to hear but the tone is for me a little bit to "hard" for this piece.

I have heard through other pieces played by Beisteiner - I like her playing too - I hope she can be heared near Switzerland sometime.

Harry
Gruss aus Schaffhausen an den Niederrhein!
guitars: Marcelino Lopez Nieto (1985), Paul Fisher Lutherie (1983)

Langenb

Post by Langenb » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:41 pm

marlovitsh wrote:I know what you mean, too... I'd prefer to have some kind of combined version...
The Zaczek version is more romantic, sweet tone - may be authentic, but for me it is sometimes a little bit too monotonic - it would need a bit more dynamics.
The Beisteiner version has much more the dynamics I'd love to hear but the tone is for me a little bit to "hard" for this piece.

I have heard through other pieces played by Beisteiner - I like her playing too - I hope she can be heared near Switzerland sometime.

Harry
Gruss aus Schaffhausen an den Niederrhein!
.. or near the Ruhrgebiet. Do you hear us Johanna!!! You have fan's outside of Austria and Hungary. Please drop on by.

Schöne Grüsse auch nach Schaffhausen.
Christian

stanjun

Post by stanjun » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks ! :bravo:

Geoff Mather

Post by Geoff Mather » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Looking forward to learning this one. Schubert is one of my favourite composers - so rich in melody.

cpierce

Post by cpierce » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 am

Thank you very very much. It makes such a difference in being able to read it. :bravo:

antoniodellisanti

Post by antoniodellisanti » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:43 pm

thx so muchhhhhhhhhhhhh

RichardUno

Post by RichardUno » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:24 pm

elindley

Post by elindley » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:14 pm

I missed this when first put up; thanks for the "bump" so I can have this arrangement. -- Edward
English | Fresno, California | Kenny Hill Signature Double Top | La Bella 2001 Concert Series Extra Hard Tension
"Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”