Dowland, John - I saw my lady weep - accompaniment only

This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Forum rules
This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Audio files contributed on the "Virtual duos, trios and ensembles" forum remain the property of their contributors. Joint recordings incorporating such files may not be published anywhere other than on the Delcamp forums.
sxedio

Dowland, John - I saw my lady weep - accompaniment only

Post by sxedio » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Having run out of traditional tunes to arrange, I'm learning things the old fashioned way again. It works ok in standard tuning, had to think a bit about fingerings. Hopefully one day I'll have a guitar and voice version to upload :) , accompaniment only is still quite interesting (there's three voices in accompaniment alone!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Tonyyyyy

Re: Dowland, John - I saw my lady weep (accompaniment only)

Post by Tonyyyyy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:10 am

This is dowland at his most melodramatic,even without the song

I will try to find the melody line somewhere and try to play with your recording , like music minus one

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:10 am

Hello Sxedio,

This is very lovely indeed—thank you for sharing it with us,

Best wishes, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:53 am

Tonyyyyy wrote:This is dowland at his most melodramatic,even without the song

I will try to find the melody line somewhere and try to play with your recording , like music minus one
I found a midi version here
http://kulturserver-bayern.de/home/hara ... land4.html
and converted the tune into score , so I managed to play along with you on tenor recorder then guitar.
the syncopations in the last part were a challenge . It was fun though and I got to appreciate the skill of the composer (and your skill in interpreting)
Perhaps a vocalist might like a slightly slower pace (you may have speeded up a bit when things were getting exciting )
Last edited by Tonyyyyy on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:11 am

Hello sxedio,
I realize that this is only the accompaniment, but is actually beautiful enough to stand alone as a piece.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent and skill in playing with us. I really enjoyed listening to you.
:merci:

:ride: Kay
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Thanks everyone.

Tony, it does create an interesting contrast with the vocal, I 've played it with a soprano a bit and it can be quite confusing, "Flow my tears" is even worse (i.e. better when we get it right!).

Can you record the recorder while listening to this as a backing track and upload the result in the duos section (audacity does let you do that)? I'd be interested to hear the combination.

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:14 pm

sxedio wrote:Thanks everyone.

Tony, it does create an interesting contrast with the vocal, I 've played it with a soprano a bit and it can be quite confusing, "Flow my tears" is even worse (i.e. better when we get it right!).

Can you record the recorder while listening to this as a backing track and upload the result in the duos section (audacity does let you do that)? I'd be interested to hear the combination.
Give me a bit of practice time to get it more or less right! but yes i would like to try recording it - tenor recorder seems to work quite well with this tune

remmus

Post by remmus » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:59 pm

Excellent playing sxedio! Lovely guitar!
This piece really changes beginning about 1/2-way through. Is it supposed to end unresolved or did you not play it all the way through?
I think I have a copy of it buried somewhere so I guess I can find my own answers if I have too.
But you played extremely nicely and I loved it!
Good job! :okok:
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

amaranth13

Re: Dowland, John - I saw my lady weep - accompaniment only

Post by amaranth13 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi,

I found your post and mention of a Dowland guitar arrangement when I was looking for scores for 'I saw my lady weep' online. I am working on singing lessons in college as an elective and wanted to do this piece with while accompanying myself with my guitar if I could. I was wondering if you'd mind if I use your piece if you're still on the forum ( am not an advanced player so if it's too difficult I will have to leave the playing to someone else, I mostly use just chords with my songs) ? I will be performing for my class, so it won't anything big. I know it's a difficult piece but luckily I will have a few months to work on it, the performance is on December 10. If you want I'll make a microphone recording if I can manage to do the piece all by myself of voice and guitar together and share it with you. I'm an amateur in renaissance music and folk songs and things like that but I do have a few years experience performing these kinds of things.

I do hope you're still on the forum! If you'd rather not I use your arrangement I understand, I just want to make sure I have permission.

Alexandra

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Alexandra

Go ahead and use it if it works for you, I'd be interested to hear the result.

Firenze

Post by Firenze » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:06 pm

I LOVE this song. First heard it sung by Russell Oberlin to lute accompaniment by Joseph Iadone. I've been struggling to work out the accompaniment on guitar for some time – would very much appreciate seeing your implementation of this great song.
Thanks– Firenze

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello Firenze, as a new member may I invite you to introduce yourself here?
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Vojanius

Post by Vojanius » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:45 am

This is a marvelous song... It's conotations to Flow my tears make it only more heartshaking...

wsuemnick

Post by wsuemnick » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:50 am

thank you, i will shortly playing along with you.
Hi, i'm wolfgang. i'm a guitarist from Stuttgart, germany. I love to play the guitar.

Return to “Virtual duos, trios and ensembles”