How to use the Virtual duos, trios and ensembles forum

This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Forum rules
This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Audio files contributed on the "Virtual duos, trios and ensembles" forum remain the property of their contributors. Joint recordings incorporating such files may not be published anywhere other than on the Delcamp forums.
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

How to use the Virtual duos, trios and ensembles forum

Post by GeoffB » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:12 am

The "Virtual duos, trios and ensembles" forum has been kindly provided by M. Delcamp to help out those many classical guitarists who have no suitable partners for practising the useful skill of ensemble playing.

We are indebted to benZene for setting the ball rolling with his useful contributions, and we look forward to further contributions from other members.

Contributions, in MP3 or OGG format, should be of public domain works, or those for which copyright permission has been obtained. Please either include the score as an attachment, or indicate where it can be found. Useful sources of ensemble material include the Delcamp Score Collection and the Our Scores forum, as well as the collections found under some of the composers' names at the top of the forum page.

If possible, it would be appreciated if contributors would consider posting copies of their contributions on the French, Italian, and Spanish forums as well as here. I can advise on how to register and navigate on those forums if necessary.

The main purpose of the recordings in this forum is for other members to use them to play along to, as a virtual partner or partners, in order to practise the technique and discipline of playing pieces with others.

If you do make a recording of the finished result (i.e. of yourself playing along with one of the recordings in this forum), please note the following:
- Such recordings should only be posted on the Delcamp forum, not on Youtube, Sound cloud, etc.
- The recording should be posted in the appropriate one of the "Our recordings" forums, rather than here.
- The provider of the original contribution retains the rights to it and should be acknowledged in any joint recording.

We hope members will enjoy both providing and making use of the contributions here.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

herb

Re: How to use this forum

Post by herb » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:55 pm

GeoffB wrote:The "Virtual duos, trios and ensembles" forum has been kindly provided by M. Delcamp to help out those many classical guitarists who have no suitable partners for practising the useful skill of ensemble playing.
Great idea! Ensemble partners are hard to find in my area, and it is a treat to have "others" playing with me, even if they are not present. Herb

Aurore

Post by Aurore » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Love the idea, I'll certainly be playing along at home

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:46 am

This is great! I have been wanting this for a while as I really believe playing with someone is great for developing good reading and playing skills. Thank you I will post something soon. :D
Jack

Non Tabius

Post by Non Tabius » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:58 am

Internet jamming what a great idea.I hope I am interpteting this good news correctly. :D

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Please advise or post link to join Italian forum as well as French forum. I think I'm still registered on Spanish forum though I don't see where to upload it on that forum.

Thanks

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:36 am

The easiest way is to use the following links which take you straight to the registration process on those forums with English already selected as your input language:

French: http://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com/ ... ge_lang=en
Italian: http://www.chitarraclassicadelcamp.com/ ... ge_lang=en
Spanish: http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/u ... ge_lang=en

(I've included Spanish for the benefit of other members who aren't already registered there, and you're right, it appears the new forum hasn't been opened there yet).

Click on the link you want, accept the conditions, fill in the registration form (using the same username and password as on the English forum), and wait for an email to confirm registration.

To log on to those forums subsequently, click on the relevant link ("French forum", etc.) at the top of our forum page (next to the flag icons). The index page of that forum will appear. Notice the row of icons at the top right, like those on the English page. On the right is the familiar login icon. Click on the word to its right. The login form comes up in the foreign language, but all you need to do is to enter your username and password in the first 2 boxes as usual and click on the button below. Once you've logged in, your language preferences come into effect and page controls will be in English.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Lúcio Csordas

Post by Lúcio Csordas » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 am

Hi Geoff!

A great providence...
I'm so interesting in duos! Now I can start to study them...

Thanks a lot,

Lúcio Csordas

arman guitar

Post by arman guitar » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:57 pm

:discussion:
this is good for me and my friends
thanks

Willie Stephens

Post by Willie Stephens » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Its so much fun to play with others it allows for greater expression of the music.I look forward to using this part of the site.

Mai Mol

Post by Mai Mol » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:33 pm

This is something I've been dreaming of for years.
I am grateful, to say the least.
Here I was being so lazy in not using Audacity to try to record one part, then another using the Christopher Parkening duet numbers in his Vol.2 guitar method. No more wasted time there anymore. Just bring it all home!

It is so tempting to just ride along here, hour after hour, among all the forum aficionados. But to paraphrase Mr Crocket, the Moderator, "don't let it interfere with your practicing."

Using something as a tool --are we working or escaping? Well, I guess the proof is in the pudding.

Must get to work...

ralphd

Post by ralphd » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:20 am

This is a marvelous practice vehicle. Although I am fortunate to have the opportunity to play with a local ensemble, this forum provides some additional pieces to play that I have not played previously. I am looking forward to doing that as well as posting a couple of other pieces that others may enjoy as well.

tjtropp

Re: How to use the Virtual duos, trios and ensembles forum

Post by tjtropp » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:43 pm

This seems like a great way to learn to play with another person. Would someone suggest an appropriate selection as a first try?
Tom

Richard Brune 1980 Concert Model Spruce Brazilian Rosewood
Richard Brune 1993 Concert Model Spruce Cypress #568
Kenneth Hill 2002 Hauser Model Spruce Maple #999

tjtropp

Post by tjtropp » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:06 pm

I am having trouble downloading selections from this forum. How do I actually register for this forum? I am already registered for the entire website and am logged in.
Tom

Richard Brune 1980 Concert Model Spruce Brazilian Rosewood
Richard Brune 1993 Concert Model Spruce Cypress #568
Kenneth Hill 2002 Hauser Model Spruce Maple #999

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi Tom,

You don't need to register specifically for this section, so here are some questions to try to identify the problem:
What happens when you try to download? Do you get an error message and, if so, what is it?
Do you have problems downloading files in other parts of the forum?
What sort of device are you using to access the forum?
Have you previously connected to the forum from another device? (If so, my reply here may apply to your case.)

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Virtual duos, trios and ensembles”