who knows the name of this piece and it's composer?

This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed.
Forum rules
This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed. However, we can say in our posts "you can hear a model interpretation by such and such a guitarist on such and such a site".

This forum serves as a place of mutual help if we are stuck on a technical or musical difficulty, whether the problem stems from the notes, the rhythm, the dynamics, or the fingering. We can post several successive versions of the extract, as our work on it progresses. This will serve to help not only the member who is presenting his work, but also indirectly the dozens of other members who are having the same issues with the same passage, but who don't have the equipment or the technical knowledge to post a recording.

As a rule there should be just one topic per work. If several discussions arise on the same work, the moderators will merge the threads together.
Saitenfee

who knows the name of this piece and it's composer?

Post by Saitenfee » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello friends,

ca. 4 years ago my husband heard a nice, easy guitar piece, it had been published by a guitar maker at his homepage. My husband downlowded that piece, because it was so nice to hear. :D Few month later he had the idea going to play this. He is able to hear a piece and then he can play it on his guitar, without sheet music.
Recently he showed me to play it as well. But we do not know neither the name of that piece, nor the composer. :?: And unfortunately we are not able to find again the homepage of this gutiar-maker. :oops:

Can someone tell me how the piece is called and who had it written?

I'm looking forward to your answeres. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lucy

Re: who knows the name of this piece and it's composer?

Post by lucy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what this piece is.

It's sounds vaguely South American to me, or a piece in that style. It could well be something that luthier wrote himself.
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are”. Theodore Roosevelt

Stephen Kenyon
Teacher

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Do you remember which country the luthier was from?

Its certainly not a really well known piece, as Lucy says its fairly S American in style. There's quite of lot of music like it ...
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:27 pm

I searched musicpedia by banging out the melody on their flash piano :-) but none of the first 20 suggestions it returned were it. The piece is in triple meter, and it might have an accent on the second pulse which suggests a mazurka-like piece. Some mazurkas did come up but none matched.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Saitenfee

Post by Saitenfee » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:33 am

Thank you very much for hearing and all your efforts to find it out! :merci:

What a pity that it isn't still identified. :(

Return to “Extracts of works in progress, 8 bars or 30 seconds maximum”