Does rules also allow attached images, e.g. PNG, JPG?

This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed.
Forum rules
This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed. However, we can say in our posts "you can hear a model interpretation by such and such a guitarist on such and such a site".

This forum serves as a place of mutual help if we are stuck on a technical or musical difficulty, whether the problem stems from the notes, the rhythm, the dynamics, or the fingering. We can post several successive versions of the extract, as our work on it progresses. This will serve to help not only the member who is presenting his work, but also indirectly the dozens of other members who are having the same issues with the same passage, but who don't have the equipment or the technical knowledge to post a recording.

As a rule there should be just one topic per work. If several discussions arise on the same work, the moderators will merge the threads together.
Chris NewVillage

Does rules also allow attached images, e.g. PNG, JPG?

Post by Chris NewVillage » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 pm

The Forum Rules don't explicitly state this.
Chris
--

Erik Zurcher

Re: Does rules also allow attached images, e.g. PNG, JPG?

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 pm

I don't understand your question, Chris. The purpose of this 'Extracts of works in progress' forum is mutual help about musical or technical questions via extracts of audio recordings. Why would you want to attach an image?
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:12 pm

I think Chris might be wanting to show his score, or an extract of it. I just tried to upload a JPG image and apparently it's not allowed on this part of the forum.

Sorry. :desole:

Alan

Chris NewVillage

Post by Chris NewVillage » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 am

OK. I read the rules again. Only audio allowed. I thought my question was valid after I read the part "...stuck on a technical or musical difficulty,..". I totally forgot about the prior paragraph. Duh! Sorry for bothering.
Chris
--

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:00 am

Try again. As it can be useful to show the music for the extract under discussion, up to 8 bars of the score may be attached, in jpg, gif or png format. If you're still having trouble attaching the files, let me know.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Extracts of works in progress, 8 bars or 30 seconds maximum”