UPDATE: On Unknown Recording

This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed.
Forum rules
This forum is for our discussions on any classical guitar works. Regardless of whether these works are still under copyright, we can illustrate our discussions with extracts to a maximum length of 8 bars or 30 seconds, using attached audio files (mp3, wav or wma) or video files (mov or wmv). Only attached files are permitted. Links to audio and video files are not allowed. However, we can say in our posts "you can hear a model interpretation by such and such a guitarist on such and such a site".

This forum serves as a place of mutual help if we are stuck on a technical or musical difficulty, whether the problem stems from the notes, the rhythm, the dynamics, or the fingering. We can post several successive versions of the extract, as our work on it progresses. This will serve to help not only the member who is presenting his work, but also indirectly the dozens of other members who are having the same issues with the same passage, but who don't have the equipment or the technical knowledge to post a recording.

As a rule there should be just one topic per work. If several discussions arise on the same work, the moderators will merge the threads together.
mc1

Re: UPDATE: On Unknown Recording

Post by mc1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:46 am

hey, that's great cipher!

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 pm

mc1 wrote:hey, that's great cipher!
That is great Cipher from me too. Morgan has put a lot of work into finding this one as well trying to identify the first "Unknown Name" piece - thanks Morgan!

I would also like to thank those who have put up with this thread and then another tune is added, some must have been shaking their heads :)

Anyway for all those that did take the time to listen to the pieces I thank you again and if the first tune can be identified all the better!

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1986 630mm Asturias JM-15 Spruce
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R
2015 650mm Yamaha SLG110N

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:45 pm

ashepps wrote:
That is great Cipher from me too. Morgan has put a lot of work into finding this one as well trying to identify the first "Unknown Name" piece - thanks Morgan!

I would also like to thank those who have put up with this thread and then another tune is added, some must have been shaking their heads :)

Anyway for all those that did take the time to listen to the pieces I thank you again and if the first tune can be identified all the better!

Alan
Here is some info on the Russian Gypsy Folk Song on our forum - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32188, not much but under our noses.

Hopefully we can still look for the "Lost Unknown Tune" :)
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:15 am

ashepps wrote:
ashepps wrote:
That is great Cipher from me too. Morgan has put a lot of work into finding this one as well trying to identify the first "Unknown Name" piece - thanks Morgan! I would also like to thank those who have put up with this thread and then another tune is added, some must have been shaking their heads :) Anyway for all those that did take the time to listen to the pieces I thank you again and if the first tune can be identified all the better! Alan
Here is some info on the Russian Gypsy Folk Song on our forum - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32188, not much but under our noses.
Hopefully we can still look for the "Lost Unknown Tune" :)
I have found the Gypsy Dance or Two Guitars amongst my material and have started to pick it up again, thanks again to Cipher and Morgan for working on it.

BTW, I am going to advertize, on the forum, my Yamaha GC-20D. I had a private buyer back out and as a result I not only lost him, but lost another very interested party because of my impending deal, he just purchased one from this forum.

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

Return to “Extracts of works in progress, 8 bars or 30 seconds maximum”